User Tag List

Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 49505152535455565758596061 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1201

Thread: It’s telling that there’s no Impeachment thread on VS...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: It’s telling that there’s no Impeachment thread on VS...

So Mueller was a Company Man asked to do a dirty job? The "company" being the country and his political party. Looks like he did that job in the best possible way given his allegiances, and he still got thrown under the bus.

There's a whole list of congressional Republicans who deserve a pink slip, if not jail time.
    Last edited by guido; 06-29-2020 at 08:14 PM.
    Trod Harland, Pickle Expediter

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced. — James Baldwin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thollandpe View Post
    So Mueller was a Company Man asked to do a dirty job? The "company" being the country and his political party. Looks like he did that job in the best possible way given his allegiances, and he still got thrown under the bus.

There's a whole list of congressional Republicans who deserve a pink slip, if not jail time.
    Time for a November reckoning...
    Guy Washburn

Photography > www.guywashburn.com

“Instructions for living a life: Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.”
    – Mary Oliver

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everyone knows he should have been impeached approximately 23 times already. pretending otherwise is adorable.
    Matt Zilliox

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mueller was in a tough spot, no question about it. But he failed his country.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And yet our vice president needed a cash infusion of a half million dollars to pay legal fees responding to the Mueller investigation. He’s a Russian stooge, covering for a bigger Russian stooge, bankrolled by other Russian stooges. How can anyone abide by this?

Pence Raised Nearly $500,000 From Donors to Pay Mueller Legal Defense - The New York Times

Mueller didn’t fail, he was simply defeated by the Republican Senate. Who have made a terrible mistake.
    Last edited by thollandpe; 06-30-2020 at 11:00 PM.

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced. — James Baldwin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HorsCat View Post
    Mueller was in a tough spot, no question about it. But he failed his country.
    Muller could have produced video of Trump smothering Mother Teresa with a pillow and the House still would have acquitted him.
    I get the gist of what you're saying, but Mueller didn't fail the country. Spineless, amoral, and cowardly Republicans did.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by monadnocky View Post
    Muller could have produced video of Trump smothering Mother Teresa with a pillow and the House still would have acquitted him.
    I get the gist of what you're saying, but Mueller didn't fail the country. Spineless, amoral, and cowardly Republicans did.
    Muller could have produced video of Trump smothering Mother Teresa with a pillow and the Senate still would have acquitted him.

Let's keep the blame where it should be directed...
    Guy Washburn

– Mary Oliver

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guido View Post
    Muller could have produced video of Trump smothering Mother Teresa with a pillow and the Senate still would have acquitted him.

Let's keep the blame where it should be directed...
    Yeah, sorry, I noticed the error and it was too late to fix it - now consider it fixed.
    And, FWIW I'm no fan of Mother Teresa, but who better to use for the imagery, I wonder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW I'm no fan of Mother Teresa,
    Haha, pray tell who makes the cut?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zambenini View Post
    Haha, pray tell who makes the cut?
    Well, I wouldn't wish anyone's last image to be that of a bug-eyed apricot smothering the life out of you.
    But, contrary to the myth that's surrounded her, ol' Ma T. did a lot of not-so-great stuff. As always, depends on your perspective and angle, but Hitchens, as one among many, was scathing in his criticism of her.
    It's a discussion for another topic, I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I wouldn't wish anyone's last image to be that of a bug-eyed apricot smothering the life out of you.
    But, contrary to the myth that's surrounded her, ol' Ma T. did a lot of not-so-great stuff. As always, depends on your perspective and angle, but Hitchens, as one among many, was scathing in his criticism of her.
    If you spend enough time in India, you realize nothing is as it seems.

I can give MT a pass, you just have to view her as what she was a representative a colonial Catholicism saving the primitives from eternal damnation.

I still remember my Buddhist instructor in my religious studies class in Japan telling us the sign of religious decline is 'the length of time it takes someone to be declared a saint after dying'.
    His comment was in relation to various Buddhist Sects in Japan since this was mid-80's. But comment seems to hold true for John Paul, Mother Teresa and the Catholic Church today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, well, I wouldn't worry about a college sophomore philosopher besmirching Mother Teresa.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Susan Rice firing up her own swish machine:

Opinion | Why Does Trump Put Russia First? - The New York Times

“At best, our commander in chief is utterly derelict in his duties, presiding over a dangerously dysfunctional national security process that is putting our country and those who wear its uniform at great risk. At worst, the White House is being run by liars and wimps catering to a tyrannical president who is actively advancing our arch adversary’s nefarious interests.”

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Susan Rice firing up her own swish machine:

Opinion | Why Does Trump Put Russia First? - The New York Times

“At best, our commander in chief is utterly derelict in his duties, presiding over a dangerously dysfunctional national security process that is putting our country and those who wear its uniform at great risk. At worst, the White House is being run by liars and wimps catering to a tyrannical president who is actively advancing our arch adversary’s nefarious interests.”
    My thought on this is that it is a combination of Trump feeding anything US intelligence tells him directly to the Russians and US intelligence therefore trying to avoid the President and the Vice President (who tells Trump everything) because of that. I suspect that Trump feels Putin is his only friend in the world, and as a former KGB spy master, Putin has probably recognized that was Trumps greatest weakness right from the get go. Trump isn't his own man, he never has been. He's always needed a "daddy" somewhere to prop him up. Roy Cohn, Thomas Barrack, etc. etc. Add to that serious questions about Trump's actual debt levels and you have the plot for the next Tom Cruise movie.
    Last edited by j44ke; 07-01-2020 at 09:18 AM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couple of years old, interesting and I don't see any obvious flaws with the general notions on procedures or goals. I'm not being hyperbolic; the USA is in peril.

The good news is that Trump, of late, seems to be alienating a remarkably broad spectrum of peeps.

Fintan O’Toole: Trial runs for fascism are in full flow
    John Clay
    Tallahassee, FL
    My Framebuilding: https://www.flickr.com/photos/21624415@N04/sets

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trump sez: “He plagiarized from me, but he could never pull it off,” Trump told reporters at the White House when asked about Biden’s plan for the economy. “He likes plagiarizing. It's a plan that is very radical left. But he said the right things because he's copying what I've done, but the difference is he can't do it.”

So it's Trump's plan and it's "very radical left"??

If for nothing else, Trump should be impeached for being a monumentally stupid person. For the sake of decorum I'll not pose the obvious follow up questions.
    John Clay
    Tallahassee, FL
    My Framebuilding: https://www.flickr.com/photos/21624415@N04/sets

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jclay View Post
    [snip]
    So it's Trump's plan and it's "very radical left"??
    Trump is a great fan of the left, just not the very radical version, not to be confused with the extreme radical left.

Sen. John Yerkes Iselin : There's just one thing, babe. I'd be a lot happier if we could just settle on the number of Communists I know there are in the Defense Department.
    I mean, the way you keep changing the figures on me all the time, it makes me look like some kind of a nut, like... like an idiot.

The Manchurian Candidate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guy Washburn

– Mary Oliver

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Roger Stone is not well. It’s pretty clear in this video that he’s on serious meds. Not to make light of it, but he is deeply disturbed. And this is just one of the people that has helped our president get where he is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The worst president ever keeps getting worse | Washington Post

"Three months ago — all the way back on April 5 — I proclaimed Donald Trump the worst president ever. Oh, how innocent I was. Sure, I knew he was bad. But not this bad.

Back then I thought he was barely edging James Buchanan in the annals of presidential ineptitude. But now, with the commutation of Roger Stone’s well-deserved prison sentence and so many other vile acts, he has disgraced the nation’s highest office as no previous occupant has come close to doing.

Think about all that has happened since April 5."...
    Last edited by guido; 07-11-2020 at 02:59 PM.
    Guy Washburn

– Mary Oliver