User Tag List

Page 58 of 136 FirstFirst ... 484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 2706

Thread: Grumps can suck it, it's Friday!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Grumps can suck it, it's Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon White View Post
    I like Virginia in general. If I ride up with Matt, I'll need a SleepNumber bed, but a single size will do. Not too close to Matt either, maybe on the opposite wing of the house - 40 hours in the car round trip is plenty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    I like Arlington a lot. Make sure to get a guest room. I like a firm mattress with a pillow top. Queen size or larger will do. I'm not picky.
    I will be sure to put the two guest rooms at opposite ends of the house. Please let me know if you prefer east or west wing- not sure who's feng shui gets out of whack depending on which way the sun passes.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robin3mj View Post
    I will be sure to put the two guest rooms at opposite ends of the house. Please let me know if you prefer east or west wing- not sure who's feng shui gets out of whack depending on which way the sun passes.
    Like I said, I'm not picky. As long as the bed is at least Queen sized with 1,000 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets and the room has a private bath suite with soaker tub, I can scrape by. Brandon's a bit more particular, so he may want the east wing, but only if the bed points towards the ocean as it's better for his Chi, particularly after a long drive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robin3mj View Post
    Back to Arlington, VA.
    I am changing jobs and my wife is transferring back to her company's head office.

Now, to find a house and get moved in before twins arrive this fall.
    What is it about Arlington you like? The traffic or the incredible housing costs? You'll have both now!

I'll be in Arlington next week for a few days and I'm looking forward to it. Sort of. Visiting my brother who likes it there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rode my bike today. That's all I've got.
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The colonoscopy went well. Man that's actually easier than I ever thought it would be. I know it's an overly personal share but it's personal to me because my mom died of colon cancer. Early and semi regular screening makes colon cancer almost 100% preventable because of how long it takes for it to develop. I put it off and Im in a sky high risk group so I know why others do the same, but it's a really easy procedure. You sleep right through. Don't wait if you're over 50.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got an 18 year history of colitis, so I've had more 'scopes already than most people have their entire lives. And I'm only 51. That said, the prep is BY FAR the worst part of the whole thing.
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    What is it about Arlington you like? The traffic or the incredible housing costs? You'll have both now!

I'll be in Arlington next week for a few days and I'm looking forward to it. Sort of. Visiting my brother who likes it there.
    I've reconciled myself to both. Paying Arlington prices cuts down on the traffic we'd suffer if we lived further out, and buys you into some fantastic schools. Wife will have a very short commute, and my office will be a straight shot up the CCT into Bethesda with minimal surface street exposure.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60mg of presnidone in the last 3 hrs is finally giving me relief from poison oak. Plus I went to work today in shorts and no socks. I been in hell this week but it feels like it's coming to an end. #doping

ldamelio is offline emperor of time, space and all dimensions known and unknown
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Car is packed for vacation. Among the essentials in there are some good single barrel bourbon, an axe, my kayak, a couple of fishing poles and my B bike. Camping for a week in the Western Adirondacks. No cell service for 20 miles in either direction. Eff work. When I get home, cross season is only three weeks away.
    And my adult kids are all doing great in their own ways and are thriving and happy. Very grateful for that.
    Lou D'Amelio
    Bucks County PA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    The colonoscopy went well. Man that's actually easier than I ever thought it would be. I know it's an overly personal share but it's personal to me because my mom died of colon cancer. Early and semi regular screening makes colon cancer almost 100% preventable because of how long it takes for it to develop. I put it off and Im in a sky high risk group so I know why others do the same, but it's a really easy procedure. You sleep right through. Don't wait if you're over 50.
    I found it difficult and it wasn't the prep... it was the no coffee thing. I had it delayed until after the ADK 540 one year and the doc found out why and he is a rider so after showing up at the hospital with the withdrawal headache already starting and there being a power problem, one leg of street power was down for a while and though they were fully up they don't start any procedures without redundant power feeds, so we're delayed and the headache really got rolling and then when I got wheeled into the room he starts asking me about the ride... I finally turned to the anesthesiologist and muttered "just... knock... me... out..."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not Friday, but I'll be packing the family up this weekend for an old-skool road trip out to Philly and upstate New York. Oh, I'll also be dropping in to see Eric Estlund to discuss my imminent N+1 in person!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welp,

Figures, I get out of photography and I get hit up for an album cover.

If you're into metal-ish stuff . . . Anicon
    elysian
    Tom Tolhurst

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just accepted the offer for a new job. I'm beyond excited. This should be a really good career move for me.

Grump: I have to go figure out a housing solution by the of the month.
    Not grump: I'm looking at a place today that, according to Google, will put me 15min from work, 14min from the velodrome, and 12 min from the local crit series. Oh, and it looks like I should be able to commute to work on the bike path that is literally just across the street.

Does anyone know the best way to ride your road bike while transporting your track bike?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by defspace View Post
    Does anyone know the best way to ride your road bike while transporting your track bike?
    Lightweight trailer with a fork mount and bb support? I've seen a guy attach a bike trailer to his crit bike and ride to races with a cooler, folding chairs, gym bag and a bunch of other stuff. He just detaches the traler, sets up camp and rides his race.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    Lightweight trailer with a fork mount and bb support? I've seen a guy attach a bike trailer to his crit bike and ride to races with a cooler, folding chairs, gym bag and a bunch of other stuff. He just detaches the traler, sets up camp and rides his race.
    I'm sure a kids hauler could be adapted to carry stuff too and it only requires a special skewer.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's my last day of work!

Does your bike have rack mounts? I've seen photos of Blasdelf's Elephant with a fork mount on a rear rack.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jdp211 View Post
    It's my last day of work!

Does your bike have rack mounts? I've seen photos of Blasdelf's Elephant with a fork mount on a rear rack.
    That genius! I doesn't, but I could slap a rack on there with p-clamps. That can't be a very high stress application. Strap the front wheel to the rack, throw some water bottles and food in a pannier. I'm in business.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back in the olden days when transporting another bike we'd simply ride with one hand and hold onto the handlebars or goose neck of the extra bicycle with the other.

You'd win a shit ton of style points showing up in such a manner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My daughter will be home tomorrow, for most of two weeks, after an incredible summer job with a remarkable organization.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

got confirmation that wifey and I will be working Outdoor Demo at Interbike. Yea free trips to Vegas.
    -Dustin