Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: marcelia new car....

Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    Marc- m3s rule.
    i drove one the other day at g'wich bmw - so composed at kind of frightening speeds it was weird. my 3.5 year old was in the back seat (i made the sales guy let me take him with in a click-in carseat) screaming "Yeah! Too fast, TOO FAST!" you'd think that'd make the sale on the spot. i hear ya on the twin turbo v6 coming next, but for god's sakes, ever driven a GT-R? They are monsters with that setup.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

classic video. i have been on ebay for weeks looking for a robin with heated seats and bluetooth - but it's always one but not the other

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go with the bluetooth- the seats heat up through friction with the asphalt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the best car in the world. The gt-r is cool, although I've never driven one. I still kind of think that even if I could swing an m3, I'd probably still prefer a 128i just due to the size- replacing a 128s suspension with the tc Kline adjustable coil overs, stiffer but much lighter springs, and everything else suspension wise from an m3'd make a perfect car once you put an LSD in it.

The power is the power- but the suspension, balance, transmission and steering is what has always made the m3 perfect- it is a bit big though.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marcelia View Post
    and then hopefully (fingers crossed) buy a late 80s Bentley Turbo R with a bike rack, get divorced, pick up a coke habit, and wreck the Bentley driving to some stupid dirt road bicycle ride in the middle of nowhere. Once I reform and find religion, it's straight to the commune with the birkenstocks to forsake material goods and free myself from the existential agony of picking between various out-of-date high powered semi-exotic autos
    Life's a voyage, not a destination.

Italian exotics will take you part of the way - just like my ex-GF who years ago almost wrecked my Alfa Spider (not super-exotic, but both GF and Spider were good enough for me at the time).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the best car in the world. The gt-r is cool, although I've never driven one. I still kind of think that even if I could swing an m3, I'd probably still prefer a 128i just due to the size- replacing a 128s suspension with the tc Kline adjustable coil overs, stiffer but much lighter springs, and everything else suspension wise from an m3'd make a perfect car once you put an LSD in it.

The power is the power- but the suspension, balance, transmission and steering is what has always made the m3 perfect- it is a bit big though.
    the gt-r is not a car i'd want to own but holyfuckingshitisitscarystupidfast. and it's a twin turbo v6 - no lag, all bottom end grunt.

the porky m3 i'll make worse by prob going convertible. i have kids that might enjoy the wind in their hair while their dad completely botches the corners on greenwich backroads. but it probably ain't going on a track anyway. the 1 you're making sounds like a badass track car

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Marc Elia's new car....

If you have to do the convertible at least promise me you'll get the manual- and a tough color. The murdered out matte black with a Rex interior is pretty tough. I love white cars, except on a convertible for some reason.

I'm really not trying to make a track car with my 1er. I just want the best handling most fun car I can do. I'm pretty sure the one has enough power to be fun. At the end of the day, my mki gti that was prepped for ice racing, was the most fun car I've ever driven and honestly on paper, the slowest car I've ever owned.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BMW M Coupe.

bmw-z3-coup-30i-05.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    Looks like Ace and Gary's rig.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I once saw a car (I think it was a wv corrado) that was tuned to be the fastest car in Martinica. This island is so small that the longest uninterrupted road strip is around 2km. The thing had something like 400-450hp and a very short ratio rally gearbox. Being a front wheel drive he could spin wheels in all 5 gears and you could basically know when he changed gears by looking where the skidmarks stopped.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a real money pit but we only have one life. This is what you need :

A real italian car without the girly image of the 500. An alternative would be the Alfa Zagato SZ, Alfa 75 3.0 Q. Verde or GTV 6.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attachment 52284

I wasn't going to comment on this thread anymore, but I was walking to work this morning on Kensington Church street and I found Marcela's Shop. It appears Marc is making his fortune catering to wealthy Russians in London with Pedicures and Manicures. I guess you're just in Greenwich plotting how to takeover Warren Tricomi. Very clever how you slightly changed your online handle to shield your identity. So much intrigue.

Since you are obviously a hairdresser, get the hairdressers car. Abarth!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question...when you make these type of changes to a vehicle under lease are you pretty much committed to buy at end of rental?
    Are there penalties for such changes if you decide against purchase?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great cars- but at this point they're thirty years old and unreliable underpowered shit boxes that've probably been beat to hell. Even that M Coupe is thirteen years old at this point. He should get a 1M- but we can give him a pass if he buys an M3. That thing is, after all, pretty close to perfection on wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by sk_tle View Post
    This is a real money pit but we only have one life. This is what you need :

A real italian car without the girly image of the 500. An alternative would be the Alfa Zagato SZ, Alfa 75 3.0 Q. Verde or GTV 6.

bamboo, aluminum, wood.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been There with the GTV6. Not No...But; Fuck No.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maunahaole View Post
    I'm sure you'd get more waves and honks from men than women.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maunahaole View Post
    Its proper name is the "clown shoe."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lukasz View Post
    Its proper name is the "clown shoe."
    My '78 Scirocco was known as the pregnant roller skate.
    Start slow, then taper off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesand View Post
    My '78 Scirocco was known as the pregnant roller skate.
    I had a 1978 Scirocco. I almost broke it in half over a highway frost heave in Burnsville, MN and thought I was going to fall through the floor it was so rusty. It actually did sort of buckle and ever after the doors were harder to close. That car was a death trap if there ever was one. I killed it by driving into about a foot of water at 50 mph. Water was coming in through the holes in the floor where the pedals operated and through the rust holes. It didn't actually die for about another 2 or 3 weeks but that was the final blow. That car was fun but my first Golf (née Rabbit in the US) was funner in the mid-range RPMs. Both were really light and tossable cars.

My current GTI is, hard to believe, 7 years old. It's a way better car but kind of antiseptic compared to those full-of-character '70s Volkswagens. I'm looking forward to the next generation, which is supposed to be lighter. Cars are way too heavy these days.

A friend has the current Golf R and has had it chipped. 300 HP. It's pretty fast and a good car but awfully expensive for what is turning out to be a 19 MPG 'economy' car.

I saw Tigra mentioned earlier. I had an Opel Tigra for a while over in Switzerland. It required a valve job after downshifting at too high a speed. My brother-in-law Opel dealer was none too pleased with that stunt.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are any car companies making a stripped-down sports car these days? Something like the M3 CSL - no stereo, no heated seats, no AC, etc. I like the Golf R but it's kinda hefty for a hatchback.
    steve cortez

FNG