Thread: Show Your Ink

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Show Your Ink

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    Looks like you have an open spot on that left elbow. Go get that filled in. :)
    It was filled. Damn white line fever on a wet commute saw it get ground away not long after it was finished. Keep meaning to get it touched up but the skin there is pretty scarred from years of tripping over my own feet.

oldmutharily sorry to hear about the passing of your mum. Some kind of tribute. Along with flying cctvs sounds awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, Xed, Alex Binnie, and the whole Into You and Divine Canvas schools are still turning out rad stuff. I hope Xed is feeling better, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've only got one heavily stippled piece
    from an early 80s flash sheet

https://instagram.com/p/8uB26LtArG/

i saw a sleeve the other day that katja ramirez did, was all black with tons of stipple. looked great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

been a year since i've gotten anything and this old dude i've come to know is moving soon
    so i got a little piece of tim lehi flash from him, from some of the all black sheets he has done

he came over to my house to do it, so that was kinda awesome
    ate dinner, shared stories and had a few beers first (well i had a few, he doesn't drink anymore)
    i put it on the instagram so wth, will post a link here

https://www.instagram.com/p/-AD2tANA...by=cookietruck

ps, this is from the same dude that did that greg irons wizard i posted above...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah- saw the sketch come through the feed. Good times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went back tonight for about 30 minutes of final, final touch up work on my arm. It's like he only hit the really painful spots and then we were done just as the endorphins kicked in. I was amped. And now I'm itching for the next piece.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went back tonight for about 30 minutes of final, final touch up work on my arm...
    It's amazing to see what those last 30 minutes reveal. I'm about 4 hours into my second sleeve. While I enjoy the long reveal of what will probably be 30 hours of work, I'm already excited about the idea of those last 30 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jscottyk View Post
    It's amazing to see what those last 30 minutes reveal. I'm about 4 hours into my second sleeve. While I enjoy the long reveal of what will probably be 30 hours of work, I'm already excited about the idea of those last 30 minutes.
    For sure. My arm has been mostly done for about a year, but I got caught up with racing and life and didn't want to deal with healing. We just put some finishing touches on a few spots and did another pass on a couple outlines and it made a huge difference. Make sure to post some progress details so I can lice vicariously until my next big one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Estlund View Post
    I thought the elbows were cake. Different strokes. Looks killer-
    Inner our outer? The ditch is a bitch, but the outside just feels weird. It's not as painful as just odd as the vibrations bounce of the radial and ulnar nerves.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make sure to post some progress details so I can lice vicariously until my next big one.
    Will do. I'm hoping do get in another session this month. I think we have another 2 session of line work before the details start.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cookietruck View Post
    i've only got one heavily stippled piece
    from an early 80s flash sheet

https://instagram.com/p/8uB26LtArG/

i saw a sleeve the other day that katja ramirez did, was all black with tons of stipple. looked great.
    The current sleeve she is working on for me will have a tons of stipple.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sheeeyit. getting my other shin blasted tomorrow. my lady is getting her elbow done tonight so i can go talk one more time about what i want to get. i feel like i want to backtrack and get something else.

should i keep the symmetry going and get a similar dagger on my right shin or should i switch it up and get something totally different. i just don't know...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sheeeyit. getting my other shin blasted tomorrow. my lady is getting her elbow done tonight so i can go talk one more time about what i want to get. i feel like i want to backtrack and get something else.

should i keep the symmetry going and get a similar dagger on my right shin or should i switch it up and get something totally different. i just don't know...
    Same artist doing the right shin? Could be cool to let the decide.

For my left arm, I asked Katja to do what she wanted. She came back with a couple of ideas and picked one. The only other direction I gave was, "It doesn't need to be in the Japanese style, but I want people to know it's your hand."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jscottyk View Post
    Inner our outer? The ditch is a bitch, but the outside just feels weird. It's not as painful as just odd as the vibrations bounce of the radial and ulnar nerves.
    As much as the ditch hurt, the outside was just as bad if not worse for me. I have some detail/line work and a ton of shading/color/fill on mine, so he spent a good amount of time there. It's both weird and just as painful for me. When I do the rest of my other arm I'll have to fight the urge to leave some negative space there.

I say mix it up. Having two daggers is like having two road bikes. Wait, actually that sounds like something I would do. Either way, shins are fun! Mine healed perfectly. There are no moving parts so even though it was a sensitive spot to get done, healing was easy as could be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No recollection of my elbow ditch. Knee was fine other than some funny swelling.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I think about it, there were all sorts of places that ranged from odd to fairly un-fun. But it's a recreational activity, and a little discomfort didn't dissuade me. Still plotting and planning for further extension.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

last tattoo i got, a few weeks ago, wasn't bad at all. outside of the calf...i remember getting my shin done and when he went to the outside of the calf it felt crazy.
    i was a little worried going in that it was going to be bad. differneces were old dude a few weeks ago was using a smaller needle to line.
    when i got that dagger a year ago the dude squashed a 13...then made a joke about putting the training wheels back on.

also, gonna switch it up on the right shin tmrw, not another dagger. and shit i hope this doesn't turn in to a 5-6 hr tattoo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

last tattoo i got, a few weeks ago, wasn't bad at all. outside of the calf...i remember getting my shin done and when he went to the outside of the calf it felt crazy.
    i was a little worried going in that it was going to be bad. differneces were old dude a few weeks ago was using a smaller needle to line.
    when i got that dagger a year ago the dude squashed a 13...then made a joke about putting the training wheels back on.

also, gonna switch it up on the right shin tmrw, not another dagger. and shit i hope this doesn't turn in to a 5-6 hr tattoo.
    My recent shin session was 5:30. I assume with a name like Cookietruck that you're much tougher than me. You'll be fine. My tattooer made fun of me every time I winced and then admitted later that he refuses to finish his shin because it hurts too much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well we are starting in the evening and i don't want to be at the shop 'til 1am, gotta work the morning after. lol.

yeah, the shins are nothing like any part of the torso...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A small tribute to a good man and someone who has put more effort into teaching me than I ever learned in school.

O'Captain, My Captain
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave Bradley...not the grumpy old Hogwarts caretaker "Mr. Filch" or the star of American Ninja 3 and 4.

formerly "Mr.President"