User Tag List

Page 48 of 150 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Virus thread, the political one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Virus thread, the political one.

Quote Originally Posted by mzilliox View Post
    gross, this president we have is just a gross and inappropriate human, not chosen by any gods or lesser gods, or spirits, or wood sprites. not helping anyone at anything. useless and classless:
    Trump jokes about sex with models during coronavirus briefing - New York Daily News
    That's nothing compared to the disrespect that Obama showed to the office of President - remember that tan suit he wore?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by monadnocky View Post
    That's nothing compared to the disrespect that Obama showed to the office of President - remember that tan suit he wore?
    plus he wore jeans and a ballcap that made his ears stick out in this one interview. Reagan wore tan suits too, the gangster. God works in mysterious ways
    Matt Zilliox

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chik View Post
    Putting aside the folly of actively importing potential carriers of the bug, there aren't that many countries in the world where US can criticise the actions, or lack thereof, vis-ŕ-vis Covid-19, but the Japanese government make even the USG look good.
    Guessing you haven't seen any Latin American memes in the last two weeks.

Coronavirus in Mexico: President blamed for slow reaction | News | Al Jazeera

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guido View Post
    The only official fired over the virus? A captain who tried to protect his crew. | Washington Post

"“He made the right choice, and the Navy will back him up.” So wrote retired Adm. James Stavridis, a former carrier strike group commander and former supreme allied commander of NATO, about Capt. Brett Crozier, the skipper who had sent out an SOS about the spread of the coronavirus on his ship, the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt. Stavridis’s article appeared on Wednesday in Bloomberg Opinion. The next day, Crozier was relieved of duty by acting Navy secretary Thomas Modly.

The U.S. government was fatally ill-prepared for the spread of a pandemic that has killed more Americans over the past month than died in Iraq over the past 17 years. The military could have done more to help but, like other government agencies, it was slow to act. Defense Secretary Mark Esper has come under fire for failing to cancel business as usual even as the virus spreads through the ranks. Esper joined President Trump on Wednesday in announcing an enhanced counter-drug effort when all possible resources should be focused on fighting covid-19. Even the Pentagon’s high-profile deployment of a hospital ship to New York has backfired: Local leaders are irate that the 1,000-bed ship has reportedly accepted only 20 patients."
    Russian Doctor Detained After Challenging Virus Figures - The New York Times

Vlad doesn't like to be one-upped.
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ClownPervertPedophile is pretty busy. He's working tirelessly, side by side with epidemiologists and virologists to solve TrumpScourge. But he takes time out for his revenge. Such a nasty baby. He fires Inspector general for the intelligence community, Michael Atkinson in a late Friday news dump. What's next?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cash05458 View Post
    seriously tho...via Biden...the DNC just gave up....far more money in opposition...that's the point I think...here in Vermont our Dem party put a tranny against the popular rethug gov...they put up a dude dressed up like ms. doubtfire...got alot of press...then meanwhile wasn't pulling more than 10 percent of vote from day one or ever...tons of more respectable and real dem candidates here over the years who have done good work....this party just wants to lose via Biden...the dnc knows biden will lose...and they want that...so which do you want voters? Alzheimer joe or Rapey joe? it's pure nuts...
    Not trying to start a shit storm ,but really, is this type of language really necessary?
    Mike Noble

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seriously tho...via Biden...the DNC just gave up....far more money in opposition...that's the point I think...here in Vermont our Dem party put a tranny against the popular rethug gov...they put up a dude dressed up like ms. doubtfire...got alot of press...then meanwhile wasn't pulling more than 10 percent of vote from day one or ever...tons of more respectable and real dem candidates here over the years who have done good work....this party just wants to lose via Biden...the dnc knows biden will lose...and they want that...so which do you want voters? Alzheimer joe or Rapey joe? it's pure nuts...
    I think you have a serious case of trailer fever. The nomination was Sanders to win and he lost, bigly,, because his loud mouthed bros are all talk and no vote. Saunders' had oodles more $$ than Joe; what he didn't have was a compelling, believeable message for middle America. Can't pin this on the DNC, Biden was done, cooked, dead in the water until a primary where a larger slice of the democrat party got to vote, and then Saunders tanked. You can't blame a 10 day stretch of primary results good for Biden and crappy for Sanders on the DNC. The problem isn't the DNC, its that like it or not you and I live in a center-right Republic, and yeah that includes the majority of registered Democrats. Washington State, Vermont? We're not representative of the D party nationally.

Biden needs to pick a great. VP candidate, although if this virsus goes as bad as I think it may, both in human mortality and economic ruin, particularly in states like. Michigan, Pa, Wisconsin, Florida and perhaps Texas, I'm not sure even the 9 lived Cheeto can survive that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

....but my point is if you think Biden is going to beat this monster you are going to have something to really bitch about for a long time coming...again, suck it up getting another 4 years of trump....just my opinion, but there is no way Biden will beat this asshole given this country...not even close....that is what is incredible...the DNC has to know that and not care....my feeling, seriously, is they are making tons more cash in opposition and the people be damned...or the real issues...btw: great stuff coming out lately about Biden being a friggin rapist....this was a nice all on DNC part...jut watch, women will come out of the woodwork....and yet the DNC will charge on...
    If I was a republican campaign director, your kind of post is exactly what I would pay people to write. It is just as effective and probably easier to discourage a Dem voter from voting as convincing one to vote for Trump. Same difference in the final vote totals. To summarize my point, I would start by paying people to find online forums that allow political discussions. I would have them say Trump is a bad to gain trust but then continue by saying his victory is inevitable. Why waste time even trying? I would assign negative qualities to both candidates so the choice is either evil or evil. There are a lot of young people that lean left but also are not politically engaged or don't see how government effects them personally and might be persuaded to not vote.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you guys have to to be kidding....bad language? give me a break....thought you cared about the every day thing for the everyday folk? bad words? oh my god...naughty...as for Biden, I don't write this stuff...the DNC nominates...and they nominate to lose...do any of you folks actually think Joe Biden is a solid candidate to win this thing and make changes? How much can you kid yourself? You want to yell about folks actually saying that ahead of time...go right ahead....that is what I call twisted...why can't it ever just be an actual talk about the dem party and who we keep voting for and why we lose and why it keeps going this way? Biden WILL be destroyed...everyone knows this...and yet you keep arguing about the most minor bs...way to go....seriously, its like who is going to win the 9th grade jack off society stuff....who gets to make the speech...and all the while, the whole ship is sinking...cowboys vs pats right...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seriously....and whatever...Biden will lose hard...so it aint for me to promote Sanders...it's done...its for all of us to deal with another 4 years of trumpo... maybe, maybe, just take some responibility for that when it happens and quit throwing shadows and just eat it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first...try fucking english bud....just normal high school writing. You must have a serious fever of suburban wife fever ahole... And to go from there...as for Biden's VP post...let me guess...more identity shit the DNC has been doing for a long time? Black female? Someone that will make rapey oldtimer Joe look good for his base? to beat trump? sure...keep kidding yourself....and then whine for the next half decade...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this sucks. not a lot to say in defense of this admin anymore.

really sad the democrats cant field a decent human for president. this should be easy
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, once again. Instead of getting behind someone who could actually win, the left ran a purity test on the viable candidates and whittled it down to the one who somehow nothing has stuck to (yet) but will inevitably crumble and fail to get out the vote and/or not shoot himself in the face on national television. Our only hope now is that he picks a VP that could win on her own, and then drops out (or is forced out) leaving no alternative but to put that candidate on the ballot. I don't know if it even works that way - it's just a hope I cling to in these times.
    Dan in Oregon

---------------

The wheel is round. The hill lasts as long as it lasts. That's a fact. Everything else is pure theory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first...try fucking english bud....just normal high school writing. You must have a serious fever of suburban wife fever ahole... And to go from there...as for Biden's VP post...let me guess...more identity shit the DNC has been doing for a long time? Black female? Someone that will make rapey oldtimer Joe look good for his base? to beat trump? sure...keep kidding yourself....and then whine for the next half decade...
    lol so where are you heading after here

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is your warning. Knock off the incendiary approach. Make your point cleanly and respectfully. Or you are gone. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gross, this president we have is just a gross and inappropriate human, not chosen by any gods or lesser gods, or spirits, or wood sprites. not helping anyone at anything. useless and classless:
    Trump jokes about sex with models during coronavirus briefing - New York Daily News
    Well. "Mother" is probably not happy with that. Poor Hoosier Mortician, having to stand next to the WarCrime resident. And Jared is his boss. Too funny!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Biden is old, but he is a damn fine legislator. He understands government and doesn’t see it as the enemy. As for any Trump fan calling Biden “rape-y”...

On identity politics, I’d argue its more of beinging more diverse folks to the table than sit there now. Wilbur Ross? Steve Manuchin? They may understand the plight of the scared banker looking to cut their losses, but there is no way they have ever even walked through North Philly, let alone spent enough time there to understand the challenges people face.
    Jason Babcock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm picking up on a subtle vibe you might not be super excited about candidate Biden?
    But with all the nuance in your political discourse it's hard to know for sure.

-g
    EPOst hoc ergo propter hoc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The death toll under Trump is now more than September 11 and he had the temerity to call the whole thing a hoax. And yet Pence and other stand behind him and keep their mouths shut while he spouts BS on a daily basis. Hopeless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mjbabcock View Post
    Biden is old, but he is a damn fine legislator. He understands government and doesn’t see it as the enemy. As for any Trump fan calling Biden “rape-y”...

On identity politics, I’d argue its more of beinging more diverse folks to the table than sit there now. Wilbur Ross? Steve Manuchin? They may understand the plight of the scared banker looking to cut their losses, but there is no way they have ever even walked through North Philly, let alone spent enough time there to understand the challenges people face.
    Good points. I'll still vote for him, I just wish there was someone younger, more enthusiastic and charismatic, and more likely to side with the left-leaning part of the Democratic party. I wanted the same four years ago. I'm fully in the anybody-but-Trump camp at this point though. And I imagine after another month of this C-19 situation, a lot of others will be too.
    Dan in Oregon

---------------

The wheel is round. The hill lasts as long as it lasts. That's a fact. Everything else is pure theory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...why can't it ever just be an actual talk about the dem party and who we keep voting for and why we lose and why it keeps going this way?
    Yeah in 2016 I agree the DNC f*cked all of us, not just Sanders supporters by deciding that it was Hillary's turn from the get go. Now lets talk about the party this year and how we ended up with a likely candidate that may have trouble stringing together a full sentence by November. How about the noisy progressive minority component of the party backing a non-party candidate whose rhetoric, and that of his most vocal supporters either (1) scared off the moderates who don't agree with the ultra progressive agenda or (2) the moderates were convinced that Sanders' agenda would never carry enough independents nor have a chance in hell of moving forward through the legislature in the next 4 years (although I actually think he would have a better chance today than he did 3 months ago).. This year the ultra Ps misread the level of support for their agenda in the Party, and there was no strong moderate able to seize control of the middle, they all ran out of money so here we are.

My two cents on why we keep doing this: Democrats are, bless us, soft, inclusive, idealistic, well-intended and usually don't have a clue how to win once we get outside of our own liberal communities. I mean come on, just look at the map of which states/counties go red vs. blue. The problem with the party is the party is rarely (ever?) unified; can't put aside tribal squabbles and get behind one candidate (like it or not the Rs know the power of getting in line); is populated mostly by city and suburban voters who are out of touch with much of America and don't listen. to or consider what the silent majority may think, including moderate democrats and independents in many states; a party that hasn't delivered for the working class and has taken those voters for granted; whose wide tent is populated by those who don't look like(as we should, and shoudl be proud of), or think like many, many (majority?) of the people in many states in the US, and who the R's do a great job of demonizing as the enemy of god fearing, white Americans. Add to this a US population that is declining in education level, is living from paycheck to paycheck and is going to vote for who they perceive is going to put the most $$ in their pocket next week and a pro-business, christian-focused anti-government song and dance just sounds better than large social constructs that are easily distorted into scary sounding, your gonna take away my $$ and my individual rights tales.

It the progressive side of the party had a hint of pragmatism they could have been smart and thrown their support behind a decent but neither shrill nor cantakerous candidate, but they didn't. Consider how little of Obama's agenda he actually got through, and he was a moderate (although I'm sure that for many American's they viewed him as far left). Hell the progressives could have gotten behind Warren who might then have had a fighting chance.

Personally I'm all in on most of Bernie's ideas and the ideas of the progressive left (we sorta live that locally here in our bucolic progressive, wealthy enclave outside of Seattle (to the extent one is able to do so despite the federal government)), but I never for a millisecond have thought that the ideas being pitched by Sanders had a chance in hell of carrying the day with the swing voters in the swing states in November. And really, in November those are the only votes that make a difference.

I understand the want and need for radical change. I understand that we may well lose much of what we hold dear, much of what life depends on (environment) absent swift radical change. But we (Ds) haven't sold that need, that urgency, to enough Americans to carry the day. Personally I think that by November, if we haven't hit rock bottom given all that is happening, and we don't elect anyone but Trump, then we are truly f*cked. And yeah, my frustration is every bit as much or more with the ultra left as it is with the DNC.