Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Made in the USA

Also: USA made Kershaws

https://kershaw.kaiusa.com/usa-made.html

I have the carbon scaled Leek, love it. But not the best choice if you're afraid of breaking a thin tip. The Random Leek has a beefier tip.

I prefer not to spend big $ on knifes, as I don't want to feel bad if lost or wrecked under use.

Like Too Tall quoted, Since my (long ago) boyscout days, I alway have something in my pocket, pants or riding jersey.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corso View Post
    Also: USA made Kershaws

https://kershaw.kaiusa.com/usa-made.html

I have the carbon scaled Leek, love it. But not the best choice if you're afraid of breaking a thin tip. The Random Leek has a beefier tip.

I prefer not to spend big $ on knifes, as I don't want to feel bad if lost or wrecked under use.

Like Too Tall quoted, Since my (long ago) boyscout days, I alway have something in my pocket, pants or riding jersey.
    Kershaw's US made options are great, especially if wanting to keep the price reasonable. I have a couple Leeks and they make great every day carry knives. I didn't add Kershaw to the list because most of their knives are assisted opening flippers, which I suspect would get just as gummed up (or worse) as the Monolith he's already having trouble with. Same underlying flipper and frame lock design but with the added complication of having a spring mechanism. I also don't often recommend those because assisted opening knives live in this weird gray area legally in many states. But, yeah, Kershaw delivers solid bang for the buck.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matt, I do have an automatic. Pro-tech TR-3 Tactical. I *think this is about as good as it gets. After having the knife accidentally open in my pocket I sent it back for some magic. Their tech.s modified the release button and it never deploys accidently. He!!ofa great blade and is the right tool for warding off Bull Elephants in rut. Also, the silly thing never gets clogged with pocket lint.

Last edited by Too Tall; 07-13-2021 at 06:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Matt, I do have an automatic. Pro-tech TR-3 Tactical. I *think this is about as good as it gets. After having the knife accidentally open in my pocket I sent it back for some magic. Their tech.s modified the release button and it never deploys accidently. He!!ofa great blade and is the right tool for warding off Bull Elephants in rut. Also, the silly thing never gets clogged with pocket lint.

Pro-tech is awesome. I have a manual flipper, the Malibu, from them that is exceptional.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Random thought. Maybe some of us take this to classifieds and do some horsetrading.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234