Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    i'm not?
    They look to be inspired by these, from Serotta. Not that there's anything wrong with that. They look nice and probably work better. They look like they'd be really stuff and solid.
    Yes, I want Gaulzetti.
    Dropout.jpg
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    Yes, I want Gaulzetti.
    Dropout.jpg
    I want one too Saab.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I want one too Saab.
    I've got too much on the plate at the moment to order one, but it's on my short, short list. I've got a Zank on order. And I'm really pleased with my Pacenti. But yeah, a Gaulzetti would look great between my legs. A Gaulzetti bicycle that is.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the serotta 3d drop-outs were fucking great. i had two csi track frames with the track version of them. honestly, ricky and i never talked about them or anyone else's drop-outs when we were mulling the design over. we went back and forth a few times with the design- me asking him to make sure we were able to still use a quick release properly- him making sure we have drop-out we could use across the size range and allow us to make it in house in a repeatable fashion that'd allow us to build straight stiff bikes.

in short i'm psyched with it.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Craig said. As a Serotta alum I instantly recognized their similarity to the 3DXL, but that's a good thing. Those drops always worked well, never had a problem and look great. Ricky designed an item that works well and machines well. Good design wins out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zetroc View Post
    I really hope that gets named the "disco".
    Not discx?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got too much on the plate at the moment to order one, but it's on my short, short list. I've got a Zank on order. And I'm really pleased with my Pacenti. But yeah, a Gaulzetti would look great between my legs. A Gaulzetti bicycle that is.
    Sell it all and make it happen. The Corsa at least can't be fully appreciated without riding it.

A coworker is wanting a Gaulzetta CX frame...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got nothing on the plate and a separate bank account named "Gaulzetti Corsa". I'm saving my monies, it's only a matter of time before I call James.

The crosser in me would kill for a singlespeed Zetti CX tho, (canti's please, no disc)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, we've been focusing completely on the road bikes recently and keep pushing the cross project down the docket. We'll get there this spring, I think. Stay tuned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has the focus on the road stuff been more on the development of the current frames or on a totally new model/s?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dig the discs & paint scheme.

sporco uccello... danfango... corsa suino

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Little bit of both but mostly refining the existing models and smoothing out our production process to make building faster, especially given higher production volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by TRuss View Post
    Has the focus on the road stuff been more on the development of the current frames or on a totally new model/s?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's been cool watching the refinement of the Corsa over the past few years. I look forward to seeing what is coming and maybe one day I can get one. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i go back and forth on this all the time. honestly, the corsa is the best road bike i have ever ridden and that surprises me because to me it isn't even close to perfectly evolved. i can't make a better race bike out of any material and i have tried. i've needed to shift my focus to small refinements that'll improve the bike slowly and incrementally. i kind of find it analogous to the state of modern american literature. there are not going to be any "great books" produced for the next few years or even decades due to cultural constraints and the state of advancement and decline in the literacy and knowledge base of the world. the best we can hope for and achieve are "little victories"- small perfected morsels of competence and evolution.....i'm biulding race bikes and they are completely competent- my job as i see it now is not to rest on my (limited) laurels but rather to make production easier, distribution easier and keep me and my brand out there and relevant.

i be iterating and shit.....
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's been about a year since the Bicycling Magazine article came out and your brand has received a little more exposure. I get comments from random people on the road like "your bike is really awesome", "you have the sweetest bike of everyone here", "i've been admiring your bike all morning". I suspect it's because people recognize the brand and its not just the paint (although a group of young female runners were gushing over how sparkly the paint was one recent morning).

I guess what I'm trying to get at is: You gave us an estimation/account of how you had grown the previous year and where you were expecting to go this past year. Have you met your own expectations in terms of growth and development? Where do you see Gaulzetti going forward aside from production improvement/refinement?
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by velobran View Post
    I think it's been about a year since the Bicycling Magazine article came out and your brand has received a little more exposure. I get comments from random people on the road like "your bike is really awesome", "you have the sweetest bike of everyone here", "i've been admiring your bike all morning". I suspect it's because people recognize the brand and its not just the paint (although a group of young female runners were gushing over how sparkly the paint was one recent morning).

I guess what I'm trying to get at is: You gave us an estimation/account of how you had grown the previous year and where you were expecting to go this past year. Have you met your own expectations in terms of growth and development? Where do you see Gaulzetti going forward aside from production improvement/refinement?
    growth has been just where it needs to be to keep us on top of figuring out how to get more efficient in the details of production, sales and fulfillment. i still don't think we're a household name even within the niche of small independent frame builders but that's ok. i'm building and designing race bikes- not retail goods or commodities. i'm not going to change what i do or change the bike in any way unless it makes the thing a better race bike. the more i do this- the more i look at people like andy walser as a model rather than say, the big guys or even fellow nahbs exhibitors.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i still don't think we're a household name even within the niche of small independent frame builders but that's ok.
    the more i do this- the more i look at people like andy walser as a model rather than say, the big guys or even fellow nahbs exhibitors.
    Two statements which - as an owner of a bike from one of your fellow NAHBS exhibitors, as someone who has one of your bikes on the way and as someone who prefers to own a bikes that even the clued up folk won't necessarily know what it is - make me happy I chose a Cazzo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by velobran View Post
    (although a group of young female runners were gushing over how sparkly the paint was one recent morning).
    This alone is a good reason to get one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IIII WALSER SPORT IIII

Quite the model for those who aren't familiar with the name. Three sizes of frames built for pure speed that have been ridden by more pros than you realize. I want a Model 7 track even though I have absolutely no business being on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To add to these last couple of comments and my initial question/statement. Stopped at a bridge today and two guys pull up and one says "I was just talking your bike and how I want it to be my next bike". I'm glad the word is getting around and I'm very glad your current focus is staying consistent with your initial plan: to build the best riding bike in the world. I personally think you've accomplished that.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.