User Tag List

Page 37 of 146 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you cooking for dinner this weekend?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What are you cooking for dinner this weekend?

I've finally dialed my own damn pizza dough. Me>Whole Foods.

Red wine sausage, asparagus, spinach, onion, parmesan, light pesto with some drizzled in marinara. Win.
    Nate King
    not at scarab

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That pizza looks legit. Nice work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice pizza- how did it come out on the bottom? What temp in the oven?
    I use super thin crust and can't put on more than a topping or two before it starts to get too soggy for my taste.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robin3mj View Post
    Nice pizza- how did it come out on the bottom? What temp in the oven?
    I use super thin crust and can't put on more than a topping or two before it starts to get too soggy for my taste.
    510F (mine oven runs a bit cool) on the bottom side of a standard cookie sheet (put in the oven during the preheat) with parchment paper.

I rolled the dough to about 2.5mm in cornmeal, then hand stretched it, forked it, and prebaked it for about 3-4 minutes. Added toppings, and then tossed it back in for another 5. I usually go really light on the sauce (plus it was a pesto base anyway), so I don't get issues with a soggy crust - looove the cracker consistency, though.

Bottom was nice and crispy, with some browning, and I'm a total slut for the cornmeal bits when you bite into a piece. I'm going to start using a pizza stone when I move at the end of the month, I'll see what kind of results I can obtain - more even browning across the crust would be rad.
    Nate King
    not at scarab

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I've lost my touch. My chili was bland and my quinoa was overcooked. cooking is a skill that needs to be practiced, everyday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: big t-bones ...

oh baby...

you might just tempt me into some meat with that kind of talk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Home alone this week so I made a big batch and am happy to eat the same damn thing for days on end.

Onions and Brussels sprouts sautéed in chicken stock. White wine, butter, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, grilled chicken sliced nice and thin.

Tossed over farfalle, w/ fresh grated parm.

Almost too wintry for this weather but hits the spot. Next time I will use less lemon while cooking and give the whole thing a good splash of it at the very end to brighten it up a it.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robin...pics. You make good grub and take great pics. Why are you denying us?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maunahaole View Post
    Robin...pics. You make good grub and take great pics. Why are you denying us?
    I have some skyline photos I need to get off my camera so maybe I'll take pics of the pasta tonight. It's not much to look at though- fairly monotone once the green washed out of the sprouts.

Heisenberg, I might have to try pre-baking my pizza crust next time. I made some on Sunday and made sure to heat up the sauce and mozz a little bit before putting it on the pie, which helped a bit.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Home alone this week so I made a big batch and am happy to eat the same damn thing for days on end.

Onions and Brussels sprouts sautéed in chicken stock. White wine, butter, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, grilled chicken sliced nice and thin.

Tossed over farfalle, w/ fresh grated parm.

Almost too wintry for this weather but hits the spot. Next time I will use less lemon while cooking and give the whole thing a good splash of it at the very end to brighten it up a it.
    As requested. Tastes even better on the 2nd night.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did a bunch of grilling over the weekend. Pretty much housebound, so I did some cooking. Saturday: boneless skinless chicken thighs in a marinade made of equal parts miso paste, sugar, soy sauce, and beer - to mix it up a little bit, I added some sambal oelek (srihacha on steroids) and key lime juice. Marinade in this for a while and brush on liberally while cooking. This cut of meat can handle some heat, since it is fatty, so cook until you see some char on it. I will add more hot element the next go around, as I was experimenting - it can take more. This is an easy and tasty recipe. I normally mix the ingredients in a stand mixer with a whisk to get the miso broken up and mixed in. It is easier to do if the miso is room temp to begin with.

Sunday: Did some tritip roasts on the grill. Marinade in a mix of balsamic, filipino cane vinegar, soy sauce, fish sauce, garlic, oregano, basil, dash of ground cumin, dash of hot mustard powder, and mae ploy sauce - heat until it cracks a boil, let cool, dump on meat. Brush on liberally while meat cooks over a medium grill. It gets into the grain of the meat on the outside and you get a nice taste of balsamic and a bit of caramelized stuff in every bite. This got chopped up and served on some homemade tortillas with some diced onion and topped with some leftover herdez green salsa. Good and easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have some skyline photos I need to get off my camera so maybe I'll take pics of the pasta tonight. It's not much to look at though- fairly monotone once the green washed out of the sprouts.

Heisenberg, I might have to try pre-baking my pizza crust next time. I made some on Sunday and made sure to heat up the sauce and mozz a little bit before putting it on the pie, which helped a bit.
    Parbaked is solid insurance for the crust. A lot of people forgo it for no reason...definitely worth it, IMO.

My offering for the evening:
    THE LOCALS ARE PAINTING MY NAME ON THE ROADS

Lemon/gin/veal/dill pasta. Dig in.
    Nate King
    not at scarab

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found some ramps on a hike this afternoon, so we dug them up. I coated them in olive oil, salt, and pepper, then grilled them.

Served them with asparagus, a chunk of beef tenderloin, and some mushroom couscous.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cast, in order of appearance...
    Olive oil
    Salt and pepper
    Shallots, celery, garlic
    Arborio rice
    White wine
    Home made duck stock
    More home made duck stock
    Bacon
    Home made duck stock
    Chicken
    Oyster mushrooms
    Salt and pepper
    Butter
    Grated parm

my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robin3mj
    Cast, in order of appearance...
    Olive oil
    Salt and pepper
    Shallots, celery, garlic
    Arborio rice
    White wine
    Home made duck stock
    More home made duck stock
    Bacon
    Home made duck stock
    Chicken
    Oyster mushrooms
    Salt and pepper
    Butter
    Grated parm
    No calories in that. No none at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had a Saturday feast. Did some tritip in the balsamic soak n baste. Chef Greg did up a pork chop in chimichurri sauce that kicked major ass. Fruit salad with pineapple, strawberry and kiwi with a shot of key lime juice on it. Loads of homemade tortillas. Home made guacamole. Green salad. Lots of cold beer and tequila drinks.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roasted a pork loin for some Cubano sandwiches. Back in action!

Stewart's Baguette, Mayo/Mustard, garlic Dill slices, pickled jalapeno's, gruyere cheese.

"Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride"
    -H.S.T.

"Convenience can take over, it can be distracting, and it can make you lazy."
    -Grant Peterson

Adventures in Food and Eating

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are killing it. If there was a perfect world we'd have a once monthly bro-down...I digress.

The wife has been off her feed and she was begging for straight up chicken soup with no fancy pants ingredients. She banned the use of: onion, garlic and celery.

This is what I did:

Debone one organic chicken trimmed of most fat and cartilage, immerse in cold water and slow simmer with organic carrot rough cut while you roast the bones.

When the bones are ready add them back to the pot suspended or separated...howevah you wanna do it.

Season with whole corriander seeds, whole black pepper, salt and a few bay leaves. When it smells good it's done.

Remove about 1/3 of the meat and shred it in your palms or use tongs and a blunt knife to do the deed.

Strain the whole mess and return interesting looking solids to the pot.

Return to simmer and add handmade tagliatelle, call wife to table.

Happy wife.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad I stepped into this thread...course, now I have 37 pages of recipes to browse!

Last week we made home made fish n chips. Used the Jamie Oliver recipe from season 1 of Oliver's Twist. Did not come out too bad, but I completely forgot to add the salt to the batter!!! I will NOT make that mistake again.

The twice fried chips were an absolute hit with the entire family.

I'll track down the recipe and post it up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually gas grills are for Philistines, but sometimes they're useful. Today was one of those days.

Working from home and when noon rolled around the leftovers in the fridge were pretty uninspiring. Grabbed a marinated chicken breast, threw it on the grill, and in less time that it would have taken for Chinese to show up, I was ready to dig in.