User Tag List

Page 35 of 66 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Things I want, like, now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Things I want, like, now.

You are not irrational. The C35s are all that and a bag of chips.

This: Handspinning Fiber and Cotswold Sheep - Nistock Farms
    Full disclosure, I just rec'd this and it is for Sully the Standard Poodle who is always looking for the next great thing to lounge on. Great quality tanning, it's washable and about fist deep in wool not to mention I dig what these farmers are pitching. Strong buy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday I broke my Spec Propero in a crash, now I want this but it's not available yet.
    luis prado alonso

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by turkish View Post
    Yesterday I broke my Spec Propero in a crash, now I want this but it's not available yet.
    I'm liking the POC stuff too. Maybe it was subliminal with the hot sweetish skiers wearing them during the Olympics.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by velobran View Post
    I'm liking the POC stuff too. Maybe it was subliminal with the hot sweetish skiers wearing them during the Olympics.
    Swedish. I'm blaming auto-correct.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Want so bad. There are 2 near me. One is a blue V and the other is a white V just like this...

CTS V.jpg

Drooling.
    The mountains are calling and I must go.

- John Muir

The name is Guy Fazzio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manual transmission and side pipes please.
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2bike View Post
    Want so bad. There are 2 near me. One is a blue V and the other is a white V just like this...

CTS V.jpg

Drooling.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been driving our ATS fleet car the past two weeks. It's tiny, but I friggen love it, warts and all.

Our Tesla was delivered Tuesday. Lordy. When you are expecting something to be awesome, and it still blows you away - that's something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmplum View Post
    I've been driving our ATS fleet car the past two weeks. It's tiny, but I friggen love it, warts and all.

Our Tesla was delivered Tuesday. Lordy. When you are expecting something to be awesome, and it still blows you away - that's something.
    I just can't get past the range 'problem' with the Tesla. I was passed by a gorgeous one on the highway in Boston recently while driving my Fit, and thought, "I could cruise on to Manhattan, or wherever. That sexy thing is going to have a hard time getting to Providence and back."

I'll take short range on a car built for commuting, but not a powerful luxury car. I'm thrilled they're turning into a going business, but I just can't take that car seriously until I have the option of driving 1000 miles in a day.

But, hey, aside from that it's all that and a bag of chips.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, far from perfect. But the sensation of endless, silent thrust when you lean on the pedal has yet to grow tiresome. My kids dig the rear jump seat too. If you're in A2 and want to go for a spin, look me up. It's an impressive feat of engineering.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    I just can't get past the range 'problem' with the Tesla. I was passed by a gorgeous one on the highway in Boston recently while driving my Fit, and thought, "I could cruise on to Manhattan, or wherever. That sexy thing is going to have a hard time getting to Providence and back."

I'll take short range on a car built for commuting, but not a powerful luxury car. I'm thrilled they're turning into a going business, but I just can't take that car seriously until I have the option of driving 1000 miles in a day.

But, hey, aside from that it's all that and a bag of chips.
    I know a guy who has one. He drives it regularly from Reading, PA to Manhattan and back. Over 300 miles. I've ridden in it. It is astonishing, and can't be described in conventional vehicular terms.

And by next year, you'll be able to drive 1000 miles in a day, as long as you're willing to stop for lunch twice...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rumours abound at the car store the CTSv Sport will have a 3.6 Twin turbo's 420hp and 430ish lbs of torque and still get... well better than the 6.2 at least. Can't wait for the Trickle down to work on that motor. It'll never sell in the Vette but when you look at the power to weight I'd drive that.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2bike View Post

CTS V.jpg

Drooling.
    Frank Beshears

The gentlest thing in the world
    overcomes the hardest thing in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    I know a guy who has one. He drives it regularly from Reading, PA to Manhattan and back. Over 300 miles. I've ridden in it. It is astonishing, and can't be described in conventional vehicular terms.

And by next year, you'll be able to drive 1000 miles in a day, as long as you're willing to stop for lunch twice...
    i got a diesel jellybean car from leipzig after my bimmer died after 2 mos...westchester county to vt and back and another week of commuting and i still have some gas in the tank

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And pay $2500 for the portable charger that will quickly fill the batteries!

Yes, far from perfect. But the sensation of endless, silent thrust when you lean on the pedal has yet to grow tiresome. My kids dig the rear jump seat too. If you're in A2 and want to go for a spin, look me up. It's an impressive feat of engineering.
    Hold that thought until July, OK?

I'm fascinated to watch this thing take off, given (what is in my mind still) the fatal flaw. I wish Tesla success, and am waiting for the breakthrough battery that can compete with a tank of petroleum.

I thought Better Place had the right idea, building an infrastructure that allowed quick-change of the batteries at recharging stations (I got all geeked out when I sited an actual station in the Negev...) and retrofitting existing cars. But they failed. I guess they needed a drop-dead sexy luxury car.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hold that thought until July, OK?

I'm fascinated to watch this thing take off, given (what is in my mind still) the fatal flaw. I wish Tesla success, and am waiting for the breakthrough battery that can compete with a tank of petroleum.
    No problem. We have the car until September. Driving it around here right now with 21" Pilot Sports in the cold and snow is a sport unto itself. As is not obliterating the speed limits. Silent speed is dangerous.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No problem. We have the car until September. Driving it around here right now with 21" Pilot Sports in the cold and snow is a sport unto itself. As is not obliterating the speed limits. Silent speed is dangerous.
    PS2s below freezing is a new sport. Eeeeeesh man take it easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And pay $2500 for the portable charger that will quickly fill the batteries!
    There are more Superchargers than I thought:

Supercharger | Tesla Motors

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spent the night at a motel in Murdo SD that had four Superchargers out front.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my co-workers has a Model S. He takes it to NY, Philly, and VA Beach, from Boston, regularly. If you're into it, and plan out the stops right, you can do a road trip with no trouble.

That's not to say that the recharging is a total non issue. But it's a issue with a reasonable workaround.

It's a very nice car.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was at an exotic car shop today and they had a Fisker Karma. It went from being the future to being a curiosity in 9 months. It would be a great candidate for an LS transplant. Have I heard that this is in the works?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool. If I do the dutiful son thing this summer I'll be there!
    GO!