User Tag List

Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaulzetti Cicli

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

bamboo, aluminum, wood.

My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cs124 View Post
    Oh man I want so bad. Are these available yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

get one. you won't be disappointed. 80 mile ride on my gaulzetti today and i wanted more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, that photo shows just how massive that zetti tubing is. Those wheels/tires look extra skinny and that tapered headtube is dwarfed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry if this has already been posted...
    Embrocation Cycling Journal: A Couple of Recent Corsa Bikes

Loving these!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another link:

Excerpt from a Letter to Craig Gaulzetti

(Maybe I should cross-post to BS's smoked-out thread?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So damn true. The other day, actually a couple weekends ago, a new rider to our area (thanks to a job at the local univ.) went out on a sunday ride with our group. He's riding along and finally asks, "so how long have you had your Gaulzetti?" I tell him this is year three (or, the third summer). He replies that he knew a guy from where he had moved from that works for a magazine and that he was told that of all the bikes that he's ridden, it is one that keeps getting pulled for rides and is one of the best that they've had come through the door. I laughed, and said "well, he's right, it clicks off all the boxes"

And, as I rolled along last night on a set of Pave 27's (for fun) it still does.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been reading with intreset about Gaulzetti frames recently.

After looking at getting a possible custom steel frame built, I'm still a bit on the fence about whether to get Alu or Steel. I have currently a Basso ZER aluminum frame, fits perfectly, isn't too heavy, and on smooth roads it is a rocket. Sprinting, climbing, descents, it's all confidence inspiring. But I found the road buzz on long training rides to be a real pain.

I love the look and lighter weight of an Alu frame, but wonder if it can be built to ride more comfortably while still possessing the criteria for a great race frame? Or is Steel the only answer for a more civilized, buzz free ride?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keppler View Post
    Or is Steel the only answer for a more civilized, buzz free ride?
    The real answer is the right tubular tires at the right pressure and the right wheel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

material is immaterial.

it's about what the builder does with it.

get the gaulzetti.
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of the descriptors that I'd use, buzzy has never been on the list no matter the road nor the tire for that matter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I received my Gaulzetti Corsa a few weeks back and have put at least ten rides on the bike. I have a few race bikes with which to compare and a history. In every respect I regard this bike as the equal to any I have ever ridden: the handling is so reliable and feel so natural that the entire machine moves with subtle input and directness. Since I'm coming off a pretty severe injury I have perhaps not put the bike through enough to test its limits but it has in every respect exceeded my abilities and brought me honest confidence at speed and in close turning. I live in the hills and almost never ride flat for more than a mile or two; this bike climbs brilliantly, descends with grace, and leaves me without any fatigue after three or four hours at my max. I wouldn't know that it was made of aluminum but don't believe the material really makes a lick of difference: the design is exactly what a race bike should be atmo.
    Qui plume a, guerre a. Ce monde est un vaste temple dédié à la discorde.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A picture ?

Quote Originally Posted by dbrk View Post
    I received my Gaulzetti Corsa a few weeks back and have put at least ten rides on the bike. I have a few race bikes with which to compare and a history. In every respect I regard this bike as the equal to any I have ever ridden: the handling is so reliable and feel so natural that the entire machine moves with subtle input and directness. Since I'm coming off a pretty severe injury I have perhaps not put the bike through enough to test its limits but it has in every respect exceeded my abilities and brought me honest confidence at speed and in close turning. I live in the hills and almost never ride flat for more than a mile or two; this bike climbs brilliantly, descends with grace, and leaves me without any fatigue after three or four hours at my max. I wouldn't know that it was made of aluminum but don't believe the material really makes a lick of difference: the design is exactly what a race bike should be atmo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I received my Gaulzetti Corsa a few weeks back and have put at least ten rides on the bike... this bike ... leaves me without any fatigue after three or four hours at my max.
    ya - well, given my own experiences on my own corsa i have to say that either i got a lemon or the craig pixie dust hasn't worn off you yet. i do 60 minutes at my max on my fat tubed aluminum bike murder machine and i want to yak and spend the rest of the day in the hammock. maybe let's trade? can we get a pic of yours?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

folks, if this helps, i have some mini-insight here. I may be the gentleman mentioned there. i work for embrocation cycling journal, and i own a gaulzetti. i have also owned bianchi, colnago, cannondale (a few variations - all good bikes), alan, vitus, orbea, zeus, schwinn (yes, schwinn), eddy merckx, basso and a bridgestone RB1. every single bike had its goods and bads, the majority mostly good machines. Gaulzetti has been one of the best. i can oooh and aaah about how cool it is. but instead of that, allow me to regale you with a little anecdote.

a few months ago i was at a long riding weekend, we do it every year, away from wives. bunch of guys, former racers, all good riders. a very close bud owns a super sweet Giant, one of those Rabobank-styled rigs, integrated seat mast, very light, very nice. we have similar set ups, so we swapped bikes. my buddy expected my 'zetti to be a "crotch-destroyer", it being made of aluminum and having a ISM just the same. we rode and rode. and we both were impressed, but for different reasons. I expected his bike to be quick, stiff and light. he expected my bike to murder his loins. we were both wrong. his bike IS light and stiff. but it rides very harshly, the front end felt twitchy, didn't give me the most confidence taking my hands off. cornering was ok, but i had to think about it and calculate the turns accordingly, paying extra attention. so it made me a bit nervous. but what made me most impressed is how stiff and harsh it rode. as reference, both bikes were/are set up with 25mm clinchers at 85psi. My buddy was befuddled; he couldn't wrap his head around an aluminum bike that rode as well as it did. it tracked straight, rode "light", nimbly, but planted. not uncomfortable at all. it took off easily, although it was 2-3lbs heftier than his carbon giant. he didn't understand how such al aluminum bike with large tubes and a ISM could be so comfortable and feel so "planted".

fast forward a couple of months, last tuesday i was at a training race at a park, closed course, 2km per lap. several 90 degrees turns, in the rain, mossy pavement. NOT ONCE i questioned the bike's characteristics while i bombed down those turns at close to 50km/h. did i say it was raining? the bikes look good, but they handle better than most people can push them. this is not an exaggeration. maybe your current bike makes you nervous in case you need to push it to the limit during close-quarter racing. not this bike. you turn, it pushes back. you lean harder, it just laughs at you. dunno what craig did or where he got the numbers for the angles, but these rigs are no joke. and yes, i have done many 4-5hr rides and nary an issue. it rides and handles better than most steel bikes, and it takes off and corners MUCH better than most carbon bikes out there.

they say Steel is Real, but i say Aluminum is Alive, especially when crafted by skilled hands, and designed by an experienced builder.

there you go. i know craig, but i'm not paid to wave his flag. feel free to not believe me, but you'd do a disservice by not trying one of those bikes. they are indeed amazing.

now get out and ride.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't know that it was made of aluminum but don't believe the material really makes a lick of difference: the design is exactly what a race bike should be atmo.
    I have to seriously disagree on material being irrelevant. If it was bikes would all still be in steel, there's no need for R&D into aluminum, scadmium, titanium and carbon. If you blindfolded me I could immediately tell the difference between my carbon and aluminum bikes, even with the same wheels (which I did a few times). I'm happy to read that the Gaulzetti's ride great and are killer race bikes, could be their aluminum is something newer and more comfortable. But most people here stress the bikes are for racing, which doesn't always equal a frame you can ride comforably for hours on end.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...which doesn't always equal a frame you can ride comforably for hours on end.
    This could get interesting.

Where's the smiley face eating popcorn emoticon when you need it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to seriously disagree on material being irrelevant. If it was bikes would all still be in steel, there's no need for R&D into aluminum, scadmium, titanium and carbon. If you blindfolded me I could immediately tell the difference between my carbon and aluminum bikes, even with the same wheels (which I did a few times). I'm happy to read that the Gaulzetti's ride great and are killer race bikes, could be their aluminum is something newer and more comfortable. But most people here stress the bikes are for racing, which doesn't always equal a frame you can ride comforably for hours on end.
    Material is irrelevant. You can have a noodle or i-beam built out of any frame material. Its up to the builder to make sure the tubes are used correctly, geometry is right, and the bike rides like a bike should.

We stress its for racing because its no-nonsense. There aren't fender mounts or rack mounts. The headtubes are short. You're going to need a longish stem to be properly balanced. It barely fits 27s (I wouldn't know because 22mm tubulars work for me).

Oh - and the tubeset was designed by Craig.

That's really great you know your own bikes. Ride a Gaulzetti and you wouldn't think "This thing must be aluminum". You'd think "This thing hauls ass".
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by velobran View Post
    Ride a Gaulzetti and you wouldn't think "This thing must be aluminum". You'd think "This thing hauls ass".
    that is pure truth

btw, i am NEVER uncomfortable because of the bike. on my gaulz (and peg, and intense . . . ) i become uncomfortable because of what i do on the bike. which is to say i ride til i want to puke.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To pile on here...

My corsa (no longer mine) was the best bike I've ever thrown a leg over and remains the bar by which all others are judged.
    laughter has no foreign accent.