User Tag List

Page 34 of 177 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Timepieces

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: timepieces

SIHH time

Watches by SJX: Introducing the De Bethune DB28 Digitale, a jump hour with wandering minutes and spherical moon phase (with specs and price)

That just blows me away.

And I'm absolutely feeling the white AP (that tourbillon especially)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jr59 View Post
    Like TT said. Send them to RGM and be done with it. Rolland is called the best watchmaker in the world for a reason!

He is that good.
    The best watchmaker in the world? How about a great American watchmaker?

Everyone's tastes are different - his are not my style.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well after much procrastinating and delaying the inevitable, I finally bit the bullet and bought a Black Bay after lusting after one for the past couple of years or so. Please forgive the very poor photo- mixture of impatience, camera phone and a 'busy' (read untidy) work desk to not make for happy bed fellows. Hence also why the bracelet is a little too big, and the watch hangs at a funny angle. I will probably look to get it on a leather nato/zulu strap as I don't really like metal bracelets if I am honest.
    watch.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jr59 View Post
    Like TT said. Send them to RGM and be done with it. Rolland is called the best watchmaker in the world for a reason!

He is that good.
    No, he's not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

check out this awesome Omega commercial. how F'ING cool is this?

OMEGA Watches: Co-Axial Technology

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While not "timepieces", I like watches, and these guys do well by providing watch straps linked to Timex watches:

Button-Stud Easy Reader | form•function•form

Cordovan, as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I picked this up about a week ago...

Eat one live toad first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you all day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't normally like watches with complications but that one really works for me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I picked this up on my honeymoon a few months ago. I wanted durability and a clean look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madships View Post
    Well after much procrastinating and delaying the inevitable, I finally bit the bullet and bought a Black Bay after lusting after one for the past couple of years or so. Please forgive the very poor photo- mixture of impatience, camera phone and a 'busy' (read untidy) work desk to not make for happy bed fellows. Hence also why the bracelet is a little too big, and the watch hangs at a funny angle. I will probably look to get it on a leather nato/zulu strap as I don't really like metal bracelets if I am honest.
    watch.JPG
    Now that you've had this for a little while, care to give an update? Accuracy, etc?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mstyer View Post
    I picked this up on my honeymoon a few months ago. I wanted durability and a clean look.

I've been mountain biking/hiking/etc with my Eco Drive for 4 years now. Great watches for the money.

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The black bay? well in terms of accuracy, it has been around 10 seconds a day maybe less, well within useful tolerance. I have had it on pretty much constantly for the past few weeks, including a decent period at sea on a warship, and the only bad things I have noted have been a bit of paranoia over knocking on bulkheads etc (have done it a couple of times but it has not caused any damage) and my other watches have date functions, which I have wished I had once or twice (although accustomed to it now)

Overall it is nice enough to feel special having it on, and have had quite a few positive comments about it, with it being robust enough for me to feel confident wearing it everyday. I couldn't be happier. It is definitely a keeper.

I have managed to scratch the claps of the bracelet though, so I am now looking round to find alternative straps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys,

Little guidance from our VS watch aficionados please.

Having tried hard to make my MK II LRRP work on my wrist have come to the simple conclusion that it's too big for me. My prior "dress" watch was (still is) a mid size TAG 2000 which is the right size and thickness for me. But I want something different. Rolex has a "mid-size" but I'm not a Rolex guy and the one I like is the GMT Master and it's too big.

Keep looking at the Omegas and coming to the Diver 300M in 36.25mm. No way I need 300M water resistance and I don't need a helium valve either since the odds of entering a diving bell are waaaay less than zero.

That said, right size, classic good looks, brand has the right cache for business and casual, not stupid expensive.

So..... any reason to not buy this watch? Movement, odd engineering, something about long term value or current pricing / value? Anything that pops out to folks like y'all with a lot more knowledge than I have here and anything else I should take a careful look at? These seem to retail around $3500 which is about max budget (yeah, tough problem to have...).

Tnx for your thoughts - appreciated in advance.

--Mark

OMEGA Watches: Seamaster Diver 300 M Co-Axial 36.25 mm - Steel on steel - 212.30.36.20.03.001

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Short answer absolute not. This Omega is a good balance of sport and business not unlike a steel bracelet Rolex GMT or Sub, but at a lower price and smaller size. I had the larger version and gave it to a relative on a special occasion.

I too have a MKII LRRP and don't wear the thing much because of its size, but also its weight. It's 40+mm and thick enough that you bang into things. In contrast, the Omega Speedmaster Moon Watch on my wrist as I type is similar in size, but thinner and much lighter. It's one of the two most worn watches in my rotation.

Big or small watches are somehow associated with fashion when instead they should be associated with your wrist size, body size and other ergonomic factors. You nailed it when you wisely stated "right size, classic good looks, brand has the right cache for business and casual, not stupid expensive."

Enjoy,

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Guys,

Little guidance from our VS watch aficionados please.

Having tried hard to make my MK II LRRP work on my wrist have come to the simple conclusion that it's too big for me. My prior "dress" watch was (still is) a mid size TAG 2000 which is the right size and thickness for me. But I want something different. Rolex has a "mid-size" but I'm not a Rolex guy and the one I like is the GMT Master and it's too big.

Keep looking at the Omegas and coming to the Diver 300M in 36.25mm. No way I need 300M water resistance and I don't need a helium valve either since the odds of entering a diving bell are waaaay less than zero.

That said, right size, classic good looks, brand has the right cache for business and casual, not stupid expensive.

So..... any reason to not buy this watch? Movement, odd engineering, something about long term value or current pricing / value? Anything that pops out to folks like y'all with a lot more knowledge than I have here and anything else I should take a careful look at? These seem to retail around $3500 which is about max budget (yeah, tough problem to have...).

Tnx for your thoughts - appreciated in advance.

--Mark

OMEGA Watches: Seamaster Diver 300 M Co-Axial 36.25 mm - Steel on steel - 212.30.36.20.03.001

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attached is a photo of a watch that I inherited and just received after being cleaned and repaired.

It is a 1947 Jules Jurgensen, which my grandfather received as a gift from his employer to commemorate a special event. Due to the nature of his involvement with this event, he practically never wore the watch.

I'll wear it, but only for extremely special circumstances.

2014-03-14 13.55.52.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's Baselworld 2014, folks. For all you watch lovers, there are lots of goodies coming out. Here's one that caught me off guard. Tudor Heritage Ranger...with a camo strap option.

tudor-heritage-ranger-5.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like what Tudor is doing lately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by christian View Post
    Same here. They also have a new Heritage Black Bay with a blue dial instead of the red.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The blue dial is hot.

New Seamaster is hot.

New Dark Side of the Moon, not so hot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by christian View Post
    I have had my Tudor Pelagos since it came out last summer. It's the Moots of watches - matte, ti and understated.