User Tag List

Page 329 of 362 FirstFirst ... 319320321322323324325326327328329330331332333334335336337338339 ... LastLast
Results 6,561 to 6,580 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

amen

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you one2velo for your post.
    It is good to get the story straight.
    My condolences for your loss of two friends.
    I'll think of them when riding Boston Harbor and Mt. Rainier.
    Byron

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she's right, it does sound like she lived an incredibly rich life. sorry for your losses, I can't imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    Give up cycling, keep riding the bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's Wednesday and I'll do my pushups, but....

I just read the phrase "analog bike" and just .... g-ddamnit.
    This is my substitute for pistol and ball. With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I quietly take to the bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Did an early morning ride and counted 7 US flags flown out in front of businesses that were tattered and ripped. I would have pulled them all down if they would fit in my jersey pocket. Places that won't get my business.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmgorman View Post
    It's Wednesday and I'll do my pushups, but....

I just read the phrase "analog bike" and just .... g-ddamnit.
    The proper term is "acoustic"...

-g
    EPOst hoc ergo propter hoc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    Did an early morning ride and counted 7 US flags flown out in front of businesses that were tattered and ripped. I would have pulled them all down if they would fit in my jersey pocket. Places that won't get my business.
    The flag at the high school football field has seen its better days. I called the school last week and still no new flag.

Mike
    Mike Noble

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ok, a couple of things.
    1. I've been dating a woman in Flagstaff and she had to evacuate earlier this week due to the Museum Fire. Everything is ok now, she's returning this morning, but still...
    2. The Museum Fire in Flagstaff, reports are it was human caused but no other details. The area it started was closed for logging. The logging was clearing out dead stuff that would fuel a fire but the fire quickly spread to areas that haven't seen a fire in recent history, lots of fuel and it burned quickly. An no one should have been in the area where the fire started late morning on Sunday.
    3. One of our favorite areas to hike is probably downed trees and ash.
    3. I hired a Maintenance Manager knowing that one guy would be happy and two would be pissed. It is what it is.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Musings on this morning's encounter with retro gripshift bike dude: 1) the MUT is a good place to spend time learning your bike, 2) riding at speed into crosswalks, when cars are already moving, is probably going to shorten your time on a bike, 3) store your earbuds in a different orifice until you know what you're doing.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is becoming a recurring narrative - cyclist injured or dead while NYPD cites non-existent traffic regulations to shift blame to the cyclist. Why? Because if it is the cyclist's fault, then it isn't tabulated as a failure of the mayor's Vision Zero bullshit. You know, the guy no one in the country has heard of who is running for President.

Now up to 17 cyclists killed this year.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Following an uptick in cyclist fatalities in the first half of the year, Mayor Bill de Blasio announced an operation to crack down on reckless drivers, along with an "educational outreach" component for all road users. Later today, the mayor is expected to release a five-year, $58.7 million "cyclist safety plan," which will reportedly focus on adding protected bike lanes, redesigning intersections, and stepping up police enforcement at dangerous crossings.

Guess he's presidential timber after all if he can sling BS like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ides1056 View Post
    Following an uptick in cyclist fatalities in the first half of the year, Mayor Bill de Blasio announced an operation to crack down on reckless drivers, along with an "educational outreach" component for all road users. Later today, the mayor is expected to release a five-year, $58.7 million "cyclist safety plan," which will reportedly focus on adding protected bike lanes, redesigning intersections, and stepping up police enforcement at dangerous crossings.

Guess he's presidential timber after all if he can sling BS like that.
    Well, I'll believe it when it happens.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My condo deal is collapsing, again. This time it has nothing to do with me. The banker failed and this time it affects me badly as I've already spent significant money on this. I'm just disgusted with the banker and went with him on a recommendation. Won't be doing that again. Thankfully, in the grand scheme this is a blip, but it changes my living expectations and maybe Chicago isn't in my future after all.

All options are on the table at this point. Kind of frustrated at this moment.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need the pushups. Lord knows I'm not riding. Work is kicking me around these days, its one thing to be too busy to get on the bike but when you start stacking lack of sleep from work it begins to wear thin. A lot of the reason is that we had a stable, veteran team for many years and the company's response to the fear that people might retire and be hard to replace was to get rid of all of them and "co source". To a company that claimed to have squads of experts at the ready. Uh huh. Somebody should probably have checked that claim. If the contractors hadn't rehired part of the team out of desperation we'd be dead in the water. One the one hand, I was retained with the company but I'm not looking forward to the end of the year when half the team is planning on leaving.

And I missed the ride this morning because I didn't wake up to the sound of the coffee machine because after the storms and the power went out I set the timer to 4pm instead of 4am. Yeah, I'm a technical g-d wizard. How come the stupid thing doesn't have a 24 hour display option?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Stupid people. Just had a new $30K rollup door installed in the plant two months ago. Yesterday a guy drove a forklift into it. Claims he didn't know that flashing red lights mean stop.

On the bright side, I got accepted into grad school so I'm a 54 year old college student.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stupid people. Just had a new $30K rollup door installed in the plant two months ago. Yesterday a guy drove a forklift into it. Claims he didn't know that flashing red lights mean stop.

On the bright side, I got accepted into grad school so I'm a 54 year old college student.
    Congrats on school again, I think.

As for flashing red, maybe he thought it meant "stop. go. stop. go". Heh. I've run into some really literal-minded people.

Oh, given the thread...

I may have a chance to go back to my old job to fix code that an obstructionist programmer blocked me from doing. And... he's trying to block me from being chosen for the task, even though I'm the only person in the world besides him that can do it. He just doesn't want it to happen, nor see his fiefdom challenged.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We’re going through a thing now at work, old-school motor control centers where red lights mean “running” and green means stopped. Anachronistic and confusing, to say the least.

Sounds like your guy needs the German forklift safety video, which is actually a real—and effective—workplace safety video.

Congrats on your acceptance to gradual school!

TH
    Last edited by thollandpe; 08-01-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thollandpe View Post
    We’re going through a thing now at work, old-school motor control centers where red lights mean “running” and green means stopped. Anachronistic and confusing, to say the least.

Sounds like your guy needs the German forklift safety video, which is actually a real—and effective—workplace safety video.

Congrats on your acceptance to gradual school!

TH
    Exec. Producer

Quentin Tarantino

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm an engineering manager but I'm getting an MA in American History from Norwich. My GI Bill was just sitting there.