User Tag List

Page 32 of 362 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Contractors. Even when they're great they drive me crazy - is even one of them capable of scheduling more than 17 hours in advance?
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The motherloving practice of law.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People who won't take the tiniest risk. The one's who frustrate me lately fall into two groups:
    Those who perceive risk because they don't understand.
    Those who simply can't tolerate any risk and so will never know what they might have done.
    The first irritate me. The second make me sad.
    And irritate me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the removal of the thread page numbers from the thread list page. i wanna jump straight to the end, not jump into the thread, then go to the end. I know tt did this to speed up the initial thread loading, but i'd take the slow loading if it means one less click (and reload).

also, what's up with the new view when accessing vsalon through a droid? not yet a fan of that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Started commuting last week...spent the last week trying to find the click/creak. Removed and reinstalled everything.

This morning I get a hunch...and realize that my front skewer is just loose enough to cause the click/creak. FML.
    Insubordinate. And Churlish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Restraining myself, but on the other hand I just got back from a nice brisk walk around the parking lot.

First: On the way to work, I was an idiot. I stopped in a fancy chain coffee shop to buy a cup of coffee. I was behind an older couple with a mid sized small child, I think it must have been four or five years old. They took turns asking the child what it wanted to eat from the display of pastries, suggesting one thing after another. The child could not decide, largely because they kept asking and offering another suggestion. I nearly exploded as this went on. "The little bastard can't and doesn't want to choose! It wants you to give it the biggest and stickiest thing in the display! And for good measure buy it a large sugared strong coffee so when it finally stops vibrating it emits quarts of fluid from its butt end, you morons!" But I didn't because I felt sorry for the miniature and didn't want it to soil itself, really.

And then I get to the office and deal with the people that can not somehow comprehend they work in an open cubicle area. They love so to hear themselves talk it is like being forced to watch someone masturbate. I hear "In the real world.." and that's when I started making gargling noises and go for a quick walk. "You don't know what the real world is. Your 'real world' is like one of those turducken things. Your 'real world' is entirely in your head and your head is jammed up your ass." But I didn't utter that one, either.

It's not good for me. All that bile is just backing up and if I shake my head you can see it sloshing behind my eyes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mom is the toughest human being on earth. But she can't bring herself to leave my dad. The rest of the family wants nothing to do with him. I swear, we're lucky he's a loser; otherwise, he'd be a cult leader.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

beards. everywhere i look its a sea of beards. what the hell is going on? and those of you who are exempt, know it. i aint talkin about you.
    you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My down the street neighbor, who is otherwise rational and reasonable, is on a crusade to ban mountain biking in the huge newly created open space preserve behind her house. She doesn't actually use the trails herself. She fears hypothetical conflicts with cyclists who get lost and wander onto her property.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The pos hollywood hack writer that took the quintesential zombie book, World War Z, and turned it into the worst screenplay ever.

Fast zombies? DID YOU EVEN READ THE BOOK!!!!!!!!??????????!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So this morning I take my elderly mother to breakfast. Two youngish tie and suits at the next table ( looking like they could use some time on a bike) are talking about business, fair enough, I think.

One says to the other: " we have a new exciting business development that I know you will want to hear about.........( drum roll).........CHECK RECOVERY!"

Hot Damn!! I was so excited I about had to change my pants.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love being assigned tasks but then having my hands tied by needing them done in a some irrational way because the person assigning the task does not understand how most of the things that they manage work. The sooner I leave this job, the better. My absolute deadline is June 2013.

An aside but submitted as evidence of utter incompetence: I was sent an MS Word document today and asked to turn a few article titles into hyperlinks. Just amazing. And don't get me started about images embedded in .docx files, as if emailing a jpeg required packing it into an electronic ziplock bag. If you lack basic technological communication skills you should probably not be running a Communications department. Good lord.

-overqualified, overeducated, and underemployed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My gripe - automobile headlights/turnsignals.

It is now common to integrate the turn signal into the same housing containing the headlight. Under some conditions, it is near impossible to see that the turn signal is flashing, because it is located so close to a bright headlight. Hey auto makers ... put some distance between those lights.
    High-beams. I vote for going back to four separate lights. Two for low beam and two for high - to know exactly when someone has their high-beams on. With lights as bright as they are today, it is nearly impossible to discern the difference when there is only one bulb.

(I haven't read through this thread in its entirety, so I apologize if this has been mentioned previously.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lukasz View Post
    I was sent an MS Word document today and asked to turn a few article titles into hyperlinks. Just amazing.
    -overqualified, overeducated, and underemployed.
    Ha! Oh, how I can relate.

This morning I was asked to turn a list of email addresses 'blue' so they could be clicked on. Like, WTF man.

I'll race you to 6/2013.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GAAP View Post
    The pos hollywood hack writer that took the quintesential zombie book, World War Z, and turned it into the worst screenplay ever.

Fast zombies? DID YOU EVEN READ THE BOOK!!!!!!!!??????????!!!!!!!!

This.
    And coming in almost every morning and spending the first couple of hours reworking what the fucktards on night shift attempted to weld.
    Fortunately the supervisor who turned them loose after they learned to weld test plates is quitting tomorrow.
    Eric Doswell, aka Edoz
    Summoner of Crickets
    http://edozbicycles.wordpress.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/edozbicycles/
    In Before the Lock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love russian novels. Anna Karenina is my favorite--the only book I've ever read more than once.

I saw they made a movie... and casted a bunch of too-young heartthrobs. I got angry.
    I was that the screenplay was by Stoppard. I got hopeful.
    I found out they basically wrote Levin out of it. I got sad.

I still haven't seen it. I'm dreading it, but I'm sure I'll go and just be upset over the whole thing. Sigh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Being the only person on the team with kids (and kids who mind you wake up 2-3 times a night and need some kind attention), and having to be the one that stays up late to fix what others keep screwing up.

2. Being told that I have to keep doing the menial work I'm doing now because "no one else can be trusted to do it". If you can't trust them, then don't hire them, and don't make me depend on them.

3. Being told that my work is important, but not so important that anybody will provide the support to help me get it done.

My temper and bitterness are so over the top that I just left work today before I lost it. Thankfully, I'm headed out to do some intervals shortly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spopepro View Post
    I love russian novels. Anna Karenina is my favorite--the only book I've ever read more than once.

I saw they made a movie... and casted a bunch of too-young heartthrobs. I got angry.
    I was that the screenplay was by Stoppard. I got hopeful.
    I found out they basically wrote Levin out of it. I got sad.

I still haven't seen it. I'm dreading it, but I'm sure I'll go and just be upset over the whole thing. Sigh.
    My degree is in Russian Literature. Anna Karenina is high on my list. And it's a long list. I saw the preview and immediately started cursing. Please don't go.

And to add a grump and avoid penalty pushups, I feel like I keep having the same meeting over, and over, and over again. At some point work went from creating exciting new products to rehashing the same discussion with nothing to show for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scrubadub View Post
    1. Being the only person on the team with kids (and kids who mind you wake up 2-3 times a night and need some kind attention), and having to be the one that stays up late to fix what others keep screwing up.

2. Being told that I have to keep doing the menial work I'm doing now because "no one else can be trusted to do it". If you can't trust them, then don't hire them, and don't make me depend on them.

3. Being told that my work is important, but not so important that anybody will provide the support to help me get it done.

My temper and bitterness are so over the top that I just left work today before I lost it. Thankfully, I'm headed out to do some intervals shortly.
    Unlike the fellow who posted about just up-and-quitting his job...you actually may need to think about looking elsewhere from the sound of things. You keep doing what you're doing...well...you're going to keep doing it for a long time.

Penalty Preventer; Tip Cups in establishments where whatever 'service' is being performed is really just not tip-worthy. I'm a 20% guy when it comes to tipping for good services...but some of these places...it's really just baksheesh that they're looking for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dislike:

the recent trend (last ~5 years) of juiced-up MMA wannabes going to metal shows and "moshing", of which their version entails taking their shirts off and running around punching people. dude, you just pushed over a girl, and nobody cares what you look like with no shirt on besides maybe your MMA bros. also you're dripping gallons of sweat on people who certainly didn't come here just so they could go home smelling like douchebags. quit going to metal shows and go back to your nickelback concert.
    steve cortez

FNG