Dear Guest, Please register or login. Content don't create itself! Thank you

User Tag List

Page 31 of 362 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What's chapping my @ss today?

Quote Originally Posted by edoz View Post
    So, do those two things chap your ass, or does not knowing which one of those two things ranks higher chap your ass?
    It chaps my ass more that I don't know which one chaps my ass more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mainemike View Post
    glasses, as an accessory.
    hahaha. yes.
    i would like to think of myself as an open, non-reactive person, but this provokes a spiteful passion i don't often feel

i'm chapped cuz everything is rusting off my bike. i was a drowned rat this week

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta be up at 7:00 to catch a train, so I'm staying in tonight.

Tomorrow, I'm having dinner with the Darrens; so no intelligent conversation.

Had to call an ex to ask to borrow her stove since we never cook here, and the McNeill kids thought it'd be funny to wind me up about bringing something. They let me in on the joke, but I cooked anyway, because fuck 'em.

I have to call home to speak with the family, after my brother and I just unfriended our dad on the Facespace for being a dick.

No time for laundry this week. Especially since the dryers at the place nearby make my clothes smell burnt.

Can't find a suitable winter coat because I'm finicky.

Haven't hit a drum since July.

Girls.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had a six week old strapped to me for six or seven hours today. All you a-holes complaining about rust on your bikes can take a hike as I'd kill just to get out. I'm getting sick and tired of this romanticization of parenthood BS. Being a parent to a newborn sucks.

I'd hire this out in a second if mom would let me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idiots who don't brush or scrape the snow and ice off their rear/side windows before they start driving. Fuckin' fucks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bleh day, but using my ex-girlfriend's toothbrush to clean my bottom bracket made it all better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to make stuff. But instead I have to sit here and do admin on drawings I used to do that go to people who make the stuff. Fuck it. If I'm still doing this when I turn 50 some body shoot me.

Any farme builders want a shop boy?

"Even my farts smell like steel!" - Diel

"Make something with your hands. Not with your money." - Dario

Sean Doyle

www.devlincc.com

https://www.instagram.com/devlincustomcycles/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139142779@N05/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chase's whining.

People who bring their stupid ass kids to costco. Leave them at home. They are not paying attention to the chaos, getting in my way, and basically slowing me down on trying to get out of that mess as quickly as possible. You know this.

So called dog toys that cause the dog to shoot hot liquid out of both ends simultaneously leading to fear of intestinal blockage, emergency surgery and another layer of stress on my already stressed holiday. (He seems to be back to normal and OK now after puking up several pieces of said dog toy.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maunahaole View Post
    Chase's whining.

People who bring their stupid ass kids to costco. Leave them at home.

So called dog toys...
    Dog toys made in what country?

What age were these stupid ass kids? Old enough to safely leave at home alone, without a visit from child protective services?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mjbabcock View Post
    Had a six week old strapped to me for six or seven hours today. All you a-holes complaining about rust on your bikes can take a hike as I'd kill just to get out. I'm getting sick and tired of this romanticization of parenthood BS. Being a parent to a newborn sucks.

I'd hire this out in a second if mom would let me.

Absolutely Agree. It does get better, but the demands made keep getting ever more verbal... and expensive!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

• Having the seniority to hold Turkey Day off, but working it anyway and ending up with a crew from hell. 95% of the time my job is too much fun because of the people I work with. This 4-day is in the other 5%. In other words, a crew which doubles my workload rather than halves it. I'd rather fly alone than with this group.
    • Being down for breakfast at another anonymous Hampton Inn and having complete strangers talk to me and each other as if they've known each other (an me) forever. Just 'cuz I wear a uniform doesn't mean I want to answer "Which route I fly" (yeah, the FAA and my company only authorize me to fly a single route......), talk about my alma mater (St. Olaf College) because I wear a lanyard from that fine institution, talk about Betty White (St. Olaf Minnesota is not a real place), hear about the Golden Girls or hear that you, whom I don't know from Adam and Eve, now lives in Iowa.

God help me get to my 16-hour layover ASAP with no drama. Bird, Ball (of the foot variety) and Beer are hopefully on the agenda and will wash my blues away. This trip can't end soon enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strained some muscled in my lower back, need I say more......
    life is too short to drink bad wine....

Stuart Levy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They took the Bixis away and it's still nice out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EFHeath View Post

Dog toys made in what country?

What age were these stupid ass kids? Old enough to safely leave at home alone, without a visit from child protective services?
    Dog toy is probably from china.

Some of these kids could be left at home alone. Others not, but they could stay with the other parent that came to the store as well. Which is part of my gripe. Bringing 3-6 people to the store when one can do the job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Remote car starters. Dress appropriately for the weather!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GroupThink. Everybody wants to Belong...but at what cost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hardware stores. Specifically, the lack of filthy useful has-one-of-everything mom and pop organizations that I used to depend on. The REAL stores not only had standard replacement parts for whatever your needs they also were able to dispense qualified advice.

Why am I stating the obvious? Because, my VSalonistas, our downstairs guest commode needed some love. The commode needed a total rebuild eg take the tank off, remove all the bungs, seals and ancient brass and replace with new. We live in the freaking city, so my choices are Home Depot or a really weak local hardware store.

G-d love a duck, the so called hardware store only stocks the worst generic universal replacement parts which are sure to fail after a couple years. There is not a decent HARDWARE store in less than 45 mins. drive from me.

This makes me grumpy.

PS - I did a stellar rebuild on the crapper despite the odds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People that put their trash on my car windshield. "Maybe if I force this guy to take responsibility for throwing away my trash he will want to frequent my business whose ad happens to be printed on it." wtf? Trash is trash whether their ad is on it or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank doG i have probably the last great hardware store, less than 3 minutes from my shop. I go in every day, i always need something. The same guys have worked there since the turn of the first millenium. I can ask them for anything, and chances are they have it, know what i need, or have an alternative that is better than what i could come up with.

Winningham Hardware in Livingston, TN. This is not a paid advertisement, just a shameless promotion for them. If they ever closed down, they may have to put me away. To go on living, would be futile.

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Hardware stores. Specifically, the lack of filthy useful has-one-of-everything mom and pop organizations that I used to depend on. The REAL stores not only had standard replacement parts for whatever your needs they also were able to dispense qualified advice.

Why am I stating the obvious? Because, my VSalonistas, our downstairs guest commode needed some love. The commode needed a total rebuild eg take the tank off, remove all the bungs, seals and ancient brass and replace with new. We live in the freaking city, so my choices are Home Depot or a really weak local hardware store.

G-d love a duck, the so called hardware store only stocks the worst generic universal replacement parts which are sure to fail after a couple years. There is not a decent HARDWARE store in less than 45 mins. drive from me.

This makes me grumpy.

PS - I did a stellar rebuild on the crapper despite the odds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rowdyhillrambler View Post
    Thank doG i have probably the last great hardware store, less than 3 minutes from my shop. I go in every day, i always need something. The same guys have worked there since the turn of the first millenium. I can ask them for anything, and chances are they have it, know what i need, or have an alternative that is better than what i could come up with.

Winningham Hardware in Livingston, TN. This is not a paid advertisement, just a shameless promotion for them. If they ever closed down, they may have to put me away. To go on living, would be futile.
    Lovely, but not a grump. -1.

My grumps remain: low rear brake bridges on MX Leaders, people in SUVs on summer tires.