User Tag List

Page 28 of 150 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Virus thread, the political one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Virus thread, the political one.

Trump sent a letter to broadcasters threatening to sue if they air this video. I am happy he did, otherwise, I'd not have seen it. And neither would you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corso View Post
    "MAGAmites - is that winning?- let's see, how else would one interpret that?

That and what you just replied with? "If that’s his version of winning, I’d hate to see what losing looks like"

Your taking a shot, at least stand behind your intent.
    Take a look at the shape of the graph for South Korea - South Korea Coronavirus: 9,332 Cases and 139 Deaths - Worldometer. Let’s call that shape the “Hillary.”

Now take a look at the shape of the graph for the United States - United States Coronavirus: 85,749 Cases and 1,34 Deaths - Worldometer. Let’s call that shape the “Trump.”

It is incontrovertible that the Hillary > the Trump.

It is similarly incontrovertible that Donald Trump’s mendacity, deception, stupidity, total lack of humanity and abysmal leadership will result in more American carnage, in terms of both lives lost and economic destruction.

So. Much. Winning.

(And, yes, he could, in spite of it all, still get re-elected. Only word for that is SNAFU).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The forever impeached Easter Parade Coordinator gives his assessment of the situation:

"Somebody in the fake news said that one of the governors said, “Oh, we need Tom Brady.” I said, “Yeah, he meant that in a positive way.” He said, “We need Tom Brady.” We’re going to do great and he meant it very positively, but they took it differently. They think Tom Brady should be leading the effort. That’s only fake news, and I like Tom Brady, spoke to him the other day. He’s a great guy. But I wish the news could be real, I wish it could be honest, I wish it weren’t corrupt, but so much of it is. It’s so sad to see. Just so sad to see. We had a great meeting. I’ll tell you what, I’m sure you have tapes of the meeting. I’m sure that you were able to get tapes, very easily see it 50 governors plus. And if you had tapes you’d see it was really, I mean, there was no contention, I would say virtually none. I would say maybe one person that was a little tiny bit of a raising of a voice, a little wise guy a little bit, but he’s usually a big wise guy, not so much anymore. We saw to it that he wouldn’t be so much anymore, but he is… we had a… I mean I would rate, Mike was there, a lot of the folks in the back were there, and it was a great meeting."

He didn't' finish his point, but it looks like he was about to rate the meeting as a TEN. And help me out here, it looks like the "snake" and the state of Washington will be paying a price for dissing OrangePervert.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guy Washburn

Photography > www.guywashburn.com

“Instructions for living a life: Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.”
    – Mary Oliver

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Japan: The German embassy in Tokyo has taken an extraordinary step in sharing their damning assessment of the way the pandemic is being handled by the Japanese government. In their regular newsletter, they inserted a concise paragraph stating that the number of unreported infections are assumed to be high given the small number of tests being done. Official risk assessment given by the GoJ cannot be relied on.

I agree with the German ministry of foreign affairs. Sadly.

If you are in Tokyo, you probably know that Ginza and Roppongi districts have the highest concentration of infections.
    Chikashi Miyamoto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“I shook hands with Coronavirus patients. I shook hands with everybody. I will go on shaking hands with everybody”
    -Boris Johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mzilliox View Post
    ... even the Mormons.
    Can you explain this please?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let's talk about some other dipshits who fucked this whole thing up. Is this the "political" corona thread or the "I want to whine about Trump again" thread?

To wit, the honorable mayor of the USA's corona epicenter, a tweet on March 2:

“I’m encouraging New Yorkers to go on with your lives + get out on the town despite Coronavirus”

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corso View Post
    Can you explain this please?
    They are the like the evangelicals in that they vote party blind....but you knew that already

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Fox View Post
    let's talk about some other dipshits who fucked this whole thing up. Is this the "political" corona thread or the "I want to whine about Trump again" thread?

To wit, the honorable mayor of the USA's corona epicenter, a tweet on March 2:

“I’m encouraging New Yorkers to go on with your lives + get out on the town despite Coronavirus”
    Christian, You are absolutely right. Deblasio has made and repeatedly makes bad decisions.Luckily, Cuomo came in and kicked him to the kerb.

But from a resource point of view, if Senate Intel had an intelligence review in mid/late feb that convinced the ranking member to unload stocks , Trump would also have access to those intelligence reports and briefings which he chose to ignore and repeatedly make false claims. This is a heavy load.

Even yesterday, he was on Fox News:
    Trump downplays worst-case coronavirus scenarios: '''I don'''t believe you need 4, or 3, ventilators''' | Fox News

So while others definitely have roles in this, Trump has the biggest pulpit by a country mile. The buck stops here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jays View Post
    President Trump economy is so strong it took a global pandemic and United States shutting-down to return it to President Obama levels.
    Alternatively: President Obama built such a strong economy and stock market that it withstood 3 years of Trump government mismanagement until Trump's failure to take the COVID19 pandemic seriously finally pulled out the rug.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_doug View Post
    Even yesterday, he was on Fox News:
    Trump downplays worst-case coronavirus scenarios: "I don't believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators" | Fox News

So while others definitely have roles in this, Trump has the biggest pulpit by a country mile. The buck stops here.
    That shows, again, a fundamental inability to grasp the problem at hand. On Thursday New York had over 5000 hospitalized with the virus, 1300 in ICU's.

If the number of cases is doubling every three days, they could have 30,000 or 40,000 patients in need of intensive care in two weeks.

Somebody has to get that idiot off the bridge. Relieve him of command. Let him have his spats with various governors over Twitter, from anywhere but the White House.
    Last edited by thollandpe; 03-27-2020 at 09:25 AM.
    Trod Harland, Pickle Expediter

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced. — James Baldwin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thollandpe View Post
    "...Relieve him of command..."
    If that is your committed belief, seek to have Speaker Pelosi commence new impeachment hearings against this wartime President.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If that is your committed belief, seek to have Speaker Pelosi commence new impeachment hearings against this wartime President.
    Any sane Republican in either house of Congress should be considering invoking the 25th Amendment. Time is of the essence.
    Trod Harland, Pickle Expediter

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced. — James Baldwin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Re: Virus thread, the political one.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    "...Alternatively..."
    The market does not gaze backwards.
    Upon the election of President Trump the market leapt forward due to pro-American and pro-business election results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thollandpe View Post
    "...considering invoking the 25th Amendment..."
    If that is your viewpoint, call your congressperson and request them to take these actions.
    Or await the autumn election and vote for presumptive Democrat candidate VP Joe Biden.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upon the election of President Trump the market leapt forward due to pro-American and pro-business election results.
    Let me deconstruct this for you, and look at some details:

Forget the pro-America, the market leap because the tax cut allowed more leverage and deregulation. The Pro-American sentiment which resulted in trade wars has been a net drag on the economy.

The tax cut is fiscally stimulative as long as the country increases borrowings to meet its spending needs. The tax cut money was touted as going to increase manufacturing in America, but in reality as Trump now complains, more of it went towards buying back stock and executive compensation. So if Trump really believed Corporate America would invest the money instead of buying back stock, then he was sand bagged by the Corporations. Usually it is the dumb guy who is getting sandbag. So I doubt, Trump believed corporate american so the ones getting sandbagged were American taxpayers.

Another reason for lack of investment by corporations, was Trump's erratic behavior and trade war. Corporation CAPEX cycles are long life, and CEOs and BODs want predictability for this. Trump is anything but predictable. So in this respect, he is his own worse enemy.

Blue Jay I am happy you support Trump. But let's stop with the jingoism and let's dig into some real intellectual conversation.

So let me ask a simple question: Trump claims Chinese pay the tariff he imposed on them. Is this true? Please explain how the tariff works and who pays.

Either I don't understand tariffs, or Trump is lying. Please enlighten me.... it's a simple question

Douglas

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pro-capital, not pro-business. Huge difference. As we saw in his tax cut it overwhelmingly favored the moneyed class which, of no surprise, is heavily invested in the stock market. This at the expense of the workers who actually make those businesses function.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that is your viewpoint, call your congressperson and request them to take these actions.
    Or await the autumn election and vote for presumptive Democrat candidate VP Joe Biden.
    If you can't bring yourself to type Democratic candidate, then at least show consistency by calling Trump the Republic candidate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Says with tongue in cheek, we don’t need older Americans to sacrifice themselves for the economy, we need older Americans to sacrifice themselves for November