User Tag List

Page 28 of 362 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Quote Originally Posted by chasea View Post
    Yipsters who use semi-nude photos of me for their Foursqare alias.
    My so called best friends who don't share cr@p with me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

w/very few exceptions, i can't stand actresses rather than models on the cover of W magazine. its been happening for awhile now so its not news, but fashion used to be cool,really cool. and really cool fashion still is, but a lot of the mystery is gone, the unattainability, the muse, the can't-quite-put-my-finger on it factor. i don't think W magazine (vogue too, etc) should hve a website w/vids and such - though i admit i love looking at the collections. anyway, important stuff i know.
    you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HED Cycling components...come on, get the led out and produce some rims.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chancerider View Post
    So I chapped your ass. Mission Accomplished! Now get back to work until next Thursday! You are of course correct. My Bad.
    I'm workin' I'm workin'....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chased by a lab that's bitten my wife in the past. She reported it the sheriff at the time and talked to the owner who said "dogs have rights too" and refused to tie it up (there's a leash law here). Called the sheriff and reported it. Pissed off the whole ride.
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm trying to be green, the bus is 1 mile from my house and drops me off one block from work.

But god damn, the bus people can smell something awful. It can ruin your whole day. Take a shower...

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xjoex View Post
    But god damn, the bus people can smell something awful. It can ruin your whole day. Take a shower...

-Joe
    That's the sweet smell of humanity......

And the effect (or lack thereof) of organic deoderant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Serottas View Post
    the owner who said "dogs have rights too"...
    People who can utter such complete nonsense with even a scintilla of conviction.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

grumps:

rain, and leaving my fenders at home because "oh, it's sunny, I bet it won't"
    moving, and misplacing my extra arm/knee warmers
    g+d getting a c+d (anyone selling their spare sriracha bottles?)
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Real Housewives of Miami (or any other city that show is based on). All the hate of everything brought in one short hour of horrible television.

Wait - this is the grump thread, not the hate thread.

I am currently grumpy about not getting to go somewhere cool on vacation this year, blowing my vacation every year on going to the same place, and horse cops pissing all over the street creating a frothy puddle of smelly urine.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chancerider View Post
    People who can utter such complete nonsense with even a scintilla of conviction.
    This is exactly the kind of self-involved narcissistic BS that makes me nuts. You know these bastards just repeat this stuff to themselves over and over, fully
    believing their made up facts to be reality. You want to do the right thing and rationally explain why they are mistaken (f'in insane actually), but it's like talking to a wall.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having to wait for my buddy to get off work at 4 before we can go to the bar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you're bar hopping with friends in Manhattan. And as you pass a pile of garbage on the sidewalk, a dozen rats cross your path. Your foot makes soft contact with the sidewalk as you slip, momentarily off-balance. You hear the squeak, and look back to see the final few twitches. Although it was a pest, and your actions unintentional, you feel pangs of guilt because you've taken a life. l
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chasea View Post
    When you're bar hopping with friends in Manhattan. And as you pass a pile of garbage on the sidewalk, a dozen rats cross your path. Your foot makes soft contact with the sidewalk as you slip, momentarily off-balance. You hear the squeak, and look back to see the final few twitches. Although it was a pest, and your actions unintentional, you feel pangs of guilt because you've taken a life. l

ahhhh manhattan... for a second i had forgotten why i didnt want to raise a family in the city. thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it is friday, but my ass has been chapped since last night.

My wife and i rarely eat out, partly because we love to cook, partly because we live in the country. Either, way when we do it is usually at a few local joints or when traveling.. My wife was out of town when the call for family duty came in, out niece was having her 18th birthday dinner and i was asked to bring our 4 year old gal. I said ok, already knowing i was not excited.. Where? Red Lobster.. BOOOO! But, whatever.

My grump is that what they call "food," is no where near what i would call food. It should be criminal to sell that shit as "food." The meal was expensive, it was terrible, i am bummed that i fell into the trap. I am going to write a letter to Mr. Lobster and ask them to get out of the business..

I would rather have been walking through Manhattan squishing rats with my barefeet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Serottas View Post
    Chased by a lab that's bitten my wife in the past. She reported it the sheriff at the time and talked to the owner who said "dogs have rights too" and refused to tie it up (there's a leash law here). Called the sheriff and reported it. Pissed off the whole ride.
    When you mace that dog, be sure to save some for the owner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I'm kicking this one off a day early.

I logged in to my online banking this morning to discover that over the weekend I purchased someone in Iowa $1078 worth of crap at Walmart. It appears that someone got ahold of an old pad of my checks and is now on a redneck shopping spree.

Remember how we used to keep a check register where we recorded all the checks we had written? But nobody does that anymore because it's the 21st century and we have online banking, right? Well, that old check register would sure be handy when the bank wants to know the number and amount of all outstanding legitimate checks so that they get honored.

Sometimes I hate computers. Sometimes I hate people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

been in Rexburg, ID since Monday...so I've been grumpy since then

boarding a 6:45am flight on Thursday and then spending 9+ hours flying home to Boston, including a segment from JFK to BOS. Stupid airlines and their stupid reduced capacity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

boarding a 6:45am flight on Thursday and then spending 9+ hours flying home to Boston, including a segment from JFK to BOS. Stupid airlines and their stupid reduced capacity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roseyscot View Post

I could actually use a biz trip like that. With my schedule for the rest of the year, it looks like I am going to come in at 0.5 or 1.5 "segments" below the 60 needed to get super duper important guy status on United for next year. I have laughed at people doing December mileage runs in the past and suddenly it seems logical. And I hate myself for it. Hate the airlines too. There's my grump.
    my name is Matt