User Tag List

Page 268 of 364 FirstFirst ... 258259260261262263264265266267268269270271272273274275276277278 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,360 of 7273

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Going to have to skip the Davis Double on Saturday -- coming down with some digestive/queasiness bug, plus rain and thunderstorms forecast for Middletown most of the day.....
    niksuldalv

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is a problem that I can't respond with the like button. That sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by dashDustin View Post
    Wife has had surgery scheduled for a while now. It's in 14 days. We JUST FOUND OUT TODAY that the damn hospital isn't covered by her insurance. The dr is. The anesthesiologist is. The facility? NOPE. And it's the only stupid ass facility that has the equipment the dr needs. No one at any point in time was aware that the hospital was not covered and we only found out because a friend had to cancel her spinal surgery scheduled for next week due to the same reason.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't turned a pedal in three weeks. Went to the urgent care on Sunday morning and was told I has a sinus infection. So I'm five days into ten of a course of antibiotics. Feeling better already. Today was the first day in many that I haven't had a sore throat. I'm emptying that bottle and hoping that whatever is living up in my head gets killed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    My wife is celiac. It's a challenge but you can ultimately get quite creative. The biggest casualty for us has been good pizza. GF pizza is either bad, acceptable, or decent. It's never great.
    Amie has worked out a very, very good dough recipe. We're making pizza tomorrow. I'll try and figure out how she does it.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chilling the very itchy Tuesday ride bee sting...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    niksuldalv

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mother in law had a seizure on monday, Tuesday my wife and kids realized her hip was broken. Maybe happened during the seizure, nobody knows. This is the other hip than the one she broke from falling a couple of months ago. Lots of recrimination and blame between providers, but when someone doesn't realize their hip is broken, that's the real problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My oldest injured his shoulder during spring football. Didn't heal, doc thinks torn labrum... MRI today. College has been a big adjustment for him, football was the one thing that he looked forward to. He's taking it pretty well though, he said that's why they give you 5 years. I told him the parental scholarship is only good for 4.

Eff me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We expanded our kitchen into the old attached garage about 18 months ago. Now we have a driveway to our backyard with no garage. I finally met with a contractor to discuss plans for a garage on the side of the house that could also include space for an expansion of the master bedroom and bathroom. Loved everything he had to say and the suggestions he offered. Then the estimate came...Disappointing to realize how far out of reach that project is.

On the bright side, my wife and I are in agreement that family trips and activities and saving for college/retirement are more important than a big master bathroom.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the lactose/gluten free girl fizzled.. she burped and farted too much.. Anyway, I saw a band last night though (The Brian Jonestown Massacre) with my ex-girlfriend last night. Seemed so nice and familiar to be with her. She just moved to Eugene though, as Portland's too expensive now and the drivers are completely effing nutso. We're both disillusioned with the new Portland which is turning into a "playground for the rich (from Marketplace on NPR)".

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I am in a staff meeting and the CIO says that Project X should be a high priority project.

I ask him how I should prioritize this high priority project with the other three high priority projects that I am working on.

His response, "that is a good question", but he did not answer my question. Sigh....
    life is too short to drink bad wine....

Stuart Levy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    My wife is celiac. It's a challenge but you can ultimately get quite creative. The biggest casualty for us has been good pizza. GF pizza is either bad, acceptable, or decent. It's never great.
    My wife's favorite is the Three Cheese Pizza from Against the Grain

Against the Grain Gourmet
    life is too short to drink bad wine....

Stuart Levy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roseyscot View Post
    We expanded our kitchen into the old attached garage about 18 months ago. Now we have a driveway to our backyard with no garage. I finally met with a contractor to discuss plans for a garage on the side of the house that could also include space for an expansion of the master bedroom and bathroom. Loved everything he had to say and the suggestions he offered. Then the estimate came...Disappointing to realize how far out of reach that project is.

On the bright side, my wife and I are in agreement that family trips and activities and saving for college/retirement are more important than a big master bathroom.
    We're going the other way right now - my wife and I are in agreement that home renovations are more important than multi-week trips across the oceans. At least for the next year or so.

This, by the way, is not at all a grump.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i broke my damn hand... it sucks, im grumpy and want to buy a new bike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reserved a condo for a week through AirBnb for a June trip back in April. It required full payment at time the time of reservation. The host emails me yesterday and says she has to cancel. I reserve another condo yesterday, overnight the new host changed my reservation from 'entire home' to 'private room' . Lucky I have a screen shot of the original reservation. I'm shocked the host can do this without any notification being sent to guest. My impression of using Airbnb for the first time: F.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who knew Orlando had two International airports? Not me. My wife flew to Kansas to visit a friend and I dropped her off at the Orlando airport. She changed her flight coming home by a few days and sent me the new itinerary. All knowing me went to pick her up only to find out the airline she was incoming on was landing in five minutes at the Sanford. Bad traffic and wrecks, I was late.

Bad to worse, it was her birthday and I forgot. Been married 24 years!

Mike
    Mike Noble

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    My oldest injured his shoulder during spring football. Didn't heal, doc thinks torn labrum... MRI today. College has been a big adjustment for him, football was the one thing that he looked forward to. He's taking it pretty well though, he said that's why they give you 5 years. I told him the parental scholarship is only good for 4.

Eff me.
    MRI confirmed tear, surgery done, large grumpy uncomfortable person in my living room, constantly. Poor bastard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not Thursday, but this is grump worthy. I just couldn't figure out why my Spooky was clicking today. It only happened while seated. I checked the saddle and seat post every time I stopped, but just couldn't reproduce the sound. Then I thought, "what if there's a crack?" But I figured I was just being paranoid. Well...

I pulled the post and checked inside. The crack runs about halfway around the seat tube. I have two theories. Theory 1 - Upon seeing Rick Stevens on his badass OG Skeletor this morning, my HavocStaff decided to retire. Theory 2 - When Jacob borrowed my bike he took it mountain biking and didn't tell me.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    I pulled the post and checked inside. The crack runs about halfway around the seat tube. I have two theories. Theory 1 - Upon seeing Rick Stevens on his badass OG Skeletor this morning, my HavocStaff decided to retire. Theory 2 - When Jacob borrowed my bike he took it mountain biking and didn't tell me.
    Dang Matt that's terrible news!! I'm leaning towards Theory 1... or it somehow knew about the Aluminum Zank thread and had to give you a nudge... Haha, trying to lighten the mood. Seriously though, that's a bummer! Your Spooky was BA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sucks!

Time to make some windchimes, I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mnoble485 View Post
    Who knew Orlando had two International airports? Not me. My wife flew to Kansas to visit a friend and I dropped her off at the Orlando airport. She changed her flight coming home by a few days and sent me the new itinerary. All knowing me went to pick her up only to find out the airline she was incoming on was landing in five minutes at the Sanford. Bad traffic and wrecks, I was late.

Bad to worse, it was her birthday and I forgot. Been married 24 years!

Mike
    You were literally 1/2 mile from my house while on the 417.