User Tag List

Page 266 of 362 FirstFirst ... 256257258259260261262263264265266267268269270271272273274275276 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,320 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Exchange server crashed this afternoon. One hour of whining ensued.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by monadnocky View Post
    Thank goodness... For a moment I thought you meant this CISM .... which, um, has never been shown to actually do anything and most likely makes things worse.

You know, like DARE programs.
    Yes, I meant Certified Information Security Manger and not Critical Incident Stress Management although sometimes they probably go hand in hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    Exchange server crashed this afternoon. One hour of whining ensued.
    You or your end-users?

I am sure you know this but here is your solution(s):
    Office 365 for Business or Hosted Exchange

Do the ROI, it is almost always less expensive (and better for the end-users as well as IT Staff) if you get rid of it. eMail is a commodity so there is rarely a reason to host it internally anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCfixie View Post
    You or your end-users?

I am sure you know this but here is your solution(s):
    Office 365 for Business or Hosted Exchange

Do the ROI, it is almost always less expensive (and better for the end-users as well as IT Staff) if you get rid of it. eMail is a commodity so there is rarely a reason to host it internally anymore.
    End users, of course.

Coincidentally I just had a conversation about cloud-based hosting & back-up earlier in the day.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

End users, of course.

Coincidentally I just had a conversation about cloud-based hosting & back-up earlier in the day.
    I am working on my last step of outsourcing ALL servers:
    Azure Active Directory Domain Services

We will probably start with a replica DC in the cloud. If that works (for a set trial period), then I will move all DCs to the cloud and finally be in no-onsite-server heaven.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stopped to look at a terrapin, got stung in the face by some kind of fucked up flying demon. Perfect boobytrap.

Then, I get to my shop and was doing some overhead weldin, raised my helmet and burned my other cheek with the torch. Damn perfect mirror image, blister on one cheek and a burn on the other.

Oh, today wasn't my day, but I am gettin' it tomorrow.
    ‘The Earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those that are killing it have names and addresses-‘ Utah Phillips

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

End users, of course.

I am just a peon user.... in email world. I do a lot of PDM system work. I will say that as an IT "customer," Outlook 365 is a blessing. Significantly fewer issues, and the IT staff is free to help with projects that matter, rather than fixing broken email. Well worth the cost for 365.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hairline in full retreat...
    niksuldalv

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My nephews mother just died of a drug overdose. So he's lost both parents now. It's like a Greek fucking tragedy.. unfucking real. Nice job baby-mama. She was AWOL in Vegas for the past two years, so it's not like she was in the picture, but still, now there is absolutely no chance she will come back. Think twice before getting addicted to narcotic pain killers and winding up on heroin y'all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gawd, looking at these posts, this seems trivial, but just knowing it's happening burns my britches: These 3 GOP lawmakers killed an anti-‘Rolling Coal’ bill in Colorado | The Colorado Independent

There's another video of these a-holes doing it to cyclists:

Such sociopaths...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Life-long Washington Capitals fan here. 'Nuff said.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feel like I'm coming down with something... 2 days before the first race of the year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

insurance.

weighing in if its actually worthwhile to make a claim or not. if that's the case why do I even have it. basically its just there for a total loss.
    (pool was damaged and needs full replacement)
    Matt Moore

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ericpmoss View Post

Such sociopaths...
    seems like these particular people would be possible to track down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gawd, looking at these posts, this seems trivial, but just knowing it's happening burns my britches: These 3 GOP lawmakers killed an anti-‘Rolling Coal’ bill in Colorado | The Colorado Independent

Such sociopaths...
    All I can ask is: What the fcuk is wrong with some people?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spent 4 1/2 hours in traffic today due to accidents. That's for 70 round trip miles. I could ridden my bike to work and back faster without even pushing too hard. That makes me grumpy.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this is a stupid first world problem given some of the posts above. It has messed with my Thursday and the next few weeks.

The tracking says the Boras arrived in the US from Italy on Monday. They still haven't left customs or somehow the shipping folks have stopped tracking them. I guess I am not supposed to question why they call it priority express. If I had known it was going to be this long in US customs I would have shipped them to Canada and brought the Zetti there with the other bits to build it up there as I am going there for a few weeks in the morning.
    « If I knew what I was doing, I’d be doing it right now »

-Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Such sociopaths...
    A truck rolled coal on me east of town in 2013. A state trooper saw it and ticketed the driver for exhibition of acceleration. The wind was blowing most of it away from me.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there was a guy near here rolling coal and otherwise harassing cyclists. The local bike advocacy club brought it to the cops attention, and then with multiple descriptions it turns out it was the next door neighbor of a cyclist. Last harassment was before 6 cop cars were seen at the house of the offender.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bukowskigrave by artspackle, on Flickr

I'd be better off bulldozing my lot and starting over.
    Zuzu’s pedals