User Tag List

Page 260 of 362 FirstFirst ... 250251252253254255256257258259260261262263264265266267268269270 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,200 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Quote Originally Posted by maunahaole View Post
    Start a separate thread to discuss your TPS reports.
    Did they not get the memo?
    ooh baby when you cry
    your face is momentary
    you hide your looks behind these scars

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golivar View Post
    Did they not get the memo?
    It's not like I didn't get the memo, I just forgot, just this one time. It won't happen again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dashDustin View Post
    wifey just got a message from her dr regarding her hip MRI...labral tear. So...yea. In the past 3 months we've amassed about $5k in medical bills and finally have a dx. and that's on top of the max-out-of-pocket at the end of 2015.
    and surgery is the only fix. just found out. awesome. because why the fuck not.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Raymond View Post
    ^ I met my future wife on ok cupid.
    I recant. I have four dates this week with four different women and more next week.. this could get expensive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a grump?
    lol.

Costco sells condoms.

-Happily married dude.
    Matt Moore

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomaster View Post
    I recant. I have four dates this week with four different women and more next week.. this could get expensive.
    "crap...i forgot my wallet. i must've really been nervous."
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hellafab View Post
    This is a grump?
    lol.

Costco sells condoms.

-Happily married dude.

Last week I said OKC sucked.. ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting early because I am travelling tomorrow and this one has been building up....

Picked up my new Seven late Friday 3/11. Saturday and Sunday were a loss due to family events (ride time loss, not fun with family time loss).

Monday 3/14 - Friday 3/18 was a loss due to work. 10-12 hour work days wrapping up a project before vacation.
    Saturday 3/19 until now - sick as a dog with bad congestion, cough, and fever. And, I am on vacation.

Leave for NYC tomorrow for a family event (no ride time and still sick). Coming back Sunday 3/27.

Leave for Syracuse Monday morning 3/28 (grad school program related - no ride time). Back in Boston late Wednesday 3/30. At work Thursday and Friday playing catch up since I will have been out of the office for a few days.

If I am still sick next Thursday 3/31, I am going to freak out and have a double effin grump day.

It will be more than three weeks since I picked up my new Seven (and first ever custom) and I still may not get to ride it until Sunday 4/3

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adult life. You could have been waiting another three months for it to show up.

Decided to tackle a long term grump in HR monitor performance this week. I'd be riding along and my HR would start fluttering skyward into race horse territory or beyond. The strap couldn't be tightened enough to keep the monitor from vibrating against my skin in the wind. Very early on in the process of remedying this "Seamstress" got involved by insisting I not send it out to be tailored. We met over lunch yesterday where I received the second iteration of this redesign. Of which my only involvement had been the need to twice repeat a sole instruction; take off roughly 6" of strap in order to produce a -3" effective usable length. A fact which I remain very grateful for given my alterations were less likely to produce a thread or technique free from irritation in use.

I should have smelled trouble when initially modeling the problem. Empty flattery all of it. First attempt was a novel reduction in circumference that was hastily stripped off me. Almost immediately after it had been spirited out of my physical reach salvos landed. It's already too small for my cannons, this is starting to feel like sending a child into war, circulating the need for 'women's home circle aid packages' at the battlefront. The nexus of emotions surrounding warm weather coming early and my treason following a calorie rich holiday are probably going to make me the rallying war cry until at least middle of the Summer. What mends one heart decries a tender lack of mercy towards another.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

First off, I lost my favorite bike to a fire. While that bike was off at the painter, I had back surgery, recovered, rode a bunch of miles on my gravel bike, and did a few hundred miles on the BLE. The BLE used to be my favorite bike when it was the main one. I rode it all over Italy and the Balkans including some screaming descents on Sardinia, all sans helmet. I really liked that bike until I got the Argonaut. After almost 5 years on the Argonaut, I has completely hooked on riding it and would only put about 1000 miles on the BLE each year. I was even considering selling the BLE because it wasn't getting ridden. Now the Argonaut is gone and I'm riding the BLE again. I also have a steel Nobilette GT and a MX Leader. The GT rides well, especially for longer stuff. The MX Leader rides like the BLE, only heavier. The painter had insurance, now I'm in a dilemma, do I replace the Argonaut with something else (Cielo, Stoemper, Zank, the like) or do I drop a grand or so on a CAAD12 frame and ride it into the ground? I was so looking forward to a summer on the Argonaut, now, fuck.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    I was so looking forward to a summer on the Argonaut, now, fuck.
    This is the answer in my mind. You need another bike that'll excite you in the same way. CAAD12 wouldn't likely cut it IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CAAD12 wouldn't get ridden into the ground. it'd be offed and you'll be back to looking to replace the Argonaut, again, only this time you'll be out the money you had initially. Do it once, do it correctly.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Started progressive disciplinary action against an employee.
    He fought every word I said.
    I know where this ends and it is going to suck to get there.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The sheer quantity and variety of doctors visits these days. Every goddamn thing is wearing out or falling apart all at once. Some of this shit isn't reversible, its just going to get more annoying until I finally check out. Realizing that what happens to everybody else is going to happen to me is fucking depressing. I'm like the car you have to start putting a payment into every month after you got it paid off. Only problem is they don't make this type any more and there's no trade in possible. Who came up with this scheme? It sucks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why am I sick almost every Thursday? That's my grump -- I have nothing new to grump about, same grump every time.
    niksuldalv

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New ecollar showed up yesterday. UPS put a serious beat down on the box. I just noticed what the sticker says, that is funny. What can Brown do for you? Smash your shit apparently.

ups.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dashDustin View Post
    CAAD12 wouldn't get ridden into the ground. it'd be offed and you'll be back to looking to replace the Argonaut, again, only this time you'll be out the money you had initially. Do it once, do it correctly.
    You're right, the CAAD won't make me happy like a nice handmade steel or aluminum. The Zank or Rock Lobster offerings look good for aluminum. I also like Stoemper.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To the psychologists who work for insurance companies, who are hired for the sole reason to deny my requests for services for my patients:

Is this what you dreamed of doing when you got your Ph.D.? To f*@k people over so you could sleep on a pile of cash at night?

I fantasize about punching you in your smug, snivelling, claims-denying face.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    The Zank
    There's the solution to your unfortunate incident.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    Started progressive disciplinary action against an employee.
    He fought every word I said.
    I know where this ends and it is going to suck to get there.
    this is the suckiest part of my job. luckily i dont do it too much.