User Tag List

Page 246 of 362 FirstFirst ... 236237238239240241242243244245246247248249250251252253254255256 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,920 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Long Island NY rudeness.
    On the train: people put their feet on the seats, leave their newspapers and coffee cups and beers which get knocked over and spill everywhere. You don't see that on the trains to the other NY suburbs.
    On the roads: trash is everywhere, bottles cigarette butts, every imaginable thing is thrown out the window. Again, you might see it in the other NY suburbs but definitely not as much.
    When you see someone throw something (today this happened on my ride with a guy dumping out his entire ashtray and a bag of McDonald's garbage) out of the car while you are stopped next to him at a light and you POLITELY say something about it they yell at you and go absolutely bonkers saying that you are an a*hole.
    Shopping centers: 3 weeks in a row at Costco I have seen an accident as people drive like crazy to get a spot. And, why is it that the people who parked further away from the front door of the store put their used carts in the cart stacking places but those who park as close as possible to the front door leave the carts willy nilly in traffic or blocking spaces when they are only 3 or 4 parking spaces away from the cart place?

It was one of those days.
    « If I knew what I was doing, I’d be doing it right now »

-Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the timing belt just committed suicide in my wife's Volvo while I was driving. I hated that car anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What PD has a 6 mile run requirement? Mine has a 1 1/2 mile run in a little under 16 minutes (I can't remember the exact time) as part of the screening process.
    Best Regards,

Jason Curtis
    FoCo, CO

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Standing next to my hot water heater watching it drain 50 gallons at about 1 gallon a minute so that it won't continue to leak on my floor. How do appliances know to fail late at night before the day you have to get up really early?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's early, but I'll do the pushups. For the second time this year my company is doing layoffs. More this time than last time (in February) and that was brutal. Tomorrow is going to be rough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    It's early, but I'll do the pushups. For the second time this year my company is doing layoffs. More this time than last time (in February) and that was brutal. Tomorrow is going to be rough.
    Now it's Thursday and it's time to go to work to face the aftermath. Yesterday was rough. I'll be spending as much time as possible helping the folks I lost to the layoffs find new jobs. They are a talented bunch.

An an unrelated and much more minor grump, it's pretty annoying when you're out trying to do a structured workout and a group rolls up on your wheel, drafts, and then envelops you so you're now an unwilling member of their pack. That's happened 3 days in a row when I just want to put my head down and flog myself in peace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Week 3 of antibiotics but it's the prednisone that's the real kick in the head.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spent two days in Nashville, saw the airport and my hotel...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comcast:

• Installation scheduled for 8-10 am. I called at 10:15 to complain, and again at 12:30. I swear that their "customer service" training must consist of instruction on how to deflect pissed-off customers because that's all they're allowed to do.
    • The tech (who showed up at 1:45) couldn't get the jack I wanted working, so the modem, router and powerline wifi are on the wrong side of the room.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    Comcast:

The tech (who showed up at 1:45) couldn't get the jack I wanted working, so the modem, router and powerline wifi are on the wrong side of the room.
    they aren't supposed to do that, so at least he tried. I've had good luck with the techs they send out around here, in Utah they were idiots. Luck of the draw, I'm sure

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    Comcast:

• Installation scheduled for 8-10 am. I called at 10:15 to complain, and again at 12:30. I swear that their "customer service" training must consist of instruction on how to deflect pissed-off customers because that's all they're allowed to do.
    • The tech (who showed up at 1:45) couldn't get the jack I wanted working, so the modem, router and powerline wifi are on the wrong side of the room.
    -- tammy deals with same on a monthly basis..
    if i did, be whip'n some ass, heart stent & all..
    -- wide screens, wrap-around sound, didgitil boxes in 3 rooms & ----

so fond memories of yesteryear with only three
    channel tv, round screen, rabbit ears wrapped with alu-foil
    and a 45 rpm rock'r & roll'r...
    ronnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

day late but eff it.

Leaf blowers in stereo........windows and doors wide open as we are in the middle of a minor reno and the smell of epoxy needs to disappear asap.

is it ok to hit these evil people with a rake?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pushups to ensue... two sets .

Last year the leaf blower gang managed to spend a whole day blowing the leaves around and around my neighbor's yard one yard over until they got organized and blew them into a big pile next to the road and before they could get their sucker truck started a squall line moved in and blew them all down the street... 15 minutes after I finished raking my yard. So it was covered all up again.

This year we all pretty much got ours picked up without any wind except for my neighbor diagonally across the street to my south. Guess where the wind's been howling from for the past two days? Now they're all spread out so it makes no sense to clean your yard because next time the wind blows from any direction it'll be covered again. I do mean covered, the other shoe of living in a nice treed leafy neighborhood is there's lots of leaves. As in the city brings in tipoffs and leaves them every 200 yards or so and they get filled over and over.

I have a plan. When I'm retired I'm going to rake every goddamn lawn in the neighborhood all at once. I'm going to leave fliers in the mailboxes letting everybody know when I'm doing it and it's for free unless they want to donate beer from the approved list that will be helpfully included on the flier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sine View Post
    day late but eff it.

Leaf blowers in stereo........windows and doors wide open as we are in the middle of a minor reno and the smell of epoxy needs to disappear asap.

is it ok to hit these evil people with a rake?
    That was how I spent the morning waiting for Comcast! Windows open to air out the polyurethane from the floors, and our lawn guy (hey, it turns out I have a lawn guy now) blowing the neighborhood's leaves around. It quieted down once he turned to loading his haul onto a tarp.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been so busy lately that I can't even grump on time.

Started a new job three months ago. Knew it was going to be a challenge to fix everything that's broken...because everything is broken. The VP that I report into is a disaster, but I can manage up. So much damage was done while my role was vacant, though, that I had two Directors and a Financial Analyst resign in the last three weeks.

Anyone here interested in managing a growing paid search and meta program with a great team? PM me. ;-)
    Chris

Road, CX, Mountain

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

busted my ass Monday so that stuff that is typically handed out on Thursday and Friday could be handed out on Tuesday. Busted ass on Tuesday so that people who can't stick to schedules still get their crap on Tuesday. So today...left bike at home thinking we'd get off early. Apparently not. So I've been sitting here twiddling my thumbs all day getting more and more annoyed that I don't have my bike, while the "guys upstair" left about 3hrs ago.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who thought blowing leaves was a good idea anyway? Why not a leaf vacuum? So you suck up all your grass. Big deal. New grass grows very quietly.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holidays with my family is being stuck in a place with people I don't particularly care for acting like I owe them money. So I'll be fishing 'til dark and finding somewhere to hide after that. I have simply had enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

8 days post back surgery. It would have been an awesome morning to ride but nope, not riding until January. I'll go for a walk before the Cowboys play. The upside is that we had Thanksgiving on Monday since The Boy had his wisdom teeth out on Tuesday morning. No pressure today, extended family is 2 hours away and the doctor said I shouldn't sit in a car for extended periods. I'm going with that.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Started chemo a two weeks ago. Had another lot today. Last Sunday my ex-wife (separated at Xmas just gone) told me she had been seeing someone for the last two months. Really? You wait till now, in the middle of the worst shit imaginable to tell me that, which basically tells me we are done and dusted? Hopefully that's the last of the sucker punches I've been copping for the last two years.

"Even my farts smell like steel!" - Diel

"Make something with your hands. Not with your money." - Dario

Sean Doyle

www.devlincc.com

https://www.instagram.com/devlincustomcycles/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139142779@N05/