User Tag List

Page 244 of 362 FirstFirst ... 234235236237238239240241242243244245246247248249250251252253254 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,880 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Grump

Though at least this thing is sort of reasonable to walk in. Rode 30 miles on this last Friday night and it didn't hurt too much the next day, so hopefully doc will greenlight more riding as long as I wear my stiffest shoes (suspected metatarsal stress fracture).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've spent the last half of today evading my overactive imagination. After reading about the band breaking up my nose has been hunting. Hunting odors like the glove from Spinal Tap, the legendarily unwashed schoolboy outfit from countless AC/DC stadium shows, and the almost assuredly at fault ripe smell emanating from a certain forum member's cast that proved too rock and roll for his image sensitive ex-bandmates who made a successful threat to go emo.

In all seriousness the latter half of the day was devoted to dealing with a family members fears an inconclusive test was indicative of cancer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    Saw the back surgeon this morning. I'm scheduled for 11/18 to repair a herniated disc between L5 and S1. It presses against the sciatic nerve and PT didn't and won't fix it. 6 weeks off the bike at a minimum. Looks like my current 5600 miles is it for the year.
    I was wondering what was up. I've been suffering with some sciatic nerve issues. Hopefully mine isn't quite that bad

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The combination of high dose prednisone and horse sized Augmentin brings me to my knees. The fakahatchee grind is this weekend and I'm missing it again. I seem to make 1/3 of what I plan for because of my health. Oh well, I'll keep soldiering on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daylight savings - commuting home is too dangerous with the time change...as a driver I am getting pissed off at the "entitled cyclist" even if they are lit up like a christmas tree. To f'ing sketchy around Cambridge and then further out in the suburbs.

anti-grump - weather has been killer and we are the full swing of Vampire riding during the week - night riding in the woods - always looking forward to the full moon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmplum View Post
    Grump

Though at least this thing is sort of reasonable to walk in. Rode 30 miles on this last Friday night and it didn't hurt too much the next day, so hopefully doc will greenlight more riding as long as I wear my stiffest shoes (suspected metatarsal stress fracture).
    Find out.

I broke my 5th.......2.5 weeks after I broke my 5th I ended up in the hospital. Blood clot. So be careful.

My one regret, not getting a ti rod to better support the bone.

oh, 3 days after I got out of the hospital I started riding. Not the smartest thing I ever did but man I just needed to get out and do something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

School for the boys continues to be go downhill. I'm thinking we need to pull the oldest out of advanced classes, and the youngest...I don't even know. I could expand, but 2 chickens in a bucket...

Well, I'll expand a little...

youngest was on Focalin last year (combined with Tenex). WORKED WONDERS in school. During the summer, we weened him off of Focalin (remains on Tenex), and instead opted for small amounts of caffeine, which also worked very well. Once school started back up, we put him on Focalin, again. Slowly introducing it to his system. Complete and utter failure. It messed with him unlike anything I had ever been witness to. I didn't know who that kid was. We tried for 2 weeks and nothing. He was destroying school property, running away from school and his bio dad's house. It just was not working. So we pulled it out of his system. Now, his focus is...well, there is none. It took 3hrs to do the school work he had not completed in class. Should've taken him 30mins max.

School for the boys is stressful, again, and it's taking a toll on everything, again.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sine View Post
    Find out.

I broke my 5th.......2.5 weeks after I broke my 5th I ended up in the hospital. Blood clot. So be careful.

oh, 3 days after I got out of the hospital I started riding. Not the smartest thing I ever did but man I just needed to get out and do something.
    I've had two X-Rays, about 3 weeks apart. All negative. Looking at Matatarsalgia now. Gawd this is fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nothing ruins a nice fall ride through the woods like dog shit

got on both tires and i could smell it my entire ride

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by funcrusher View Post
    nothing ruins a nice fall ride through the woods like dog shit

got on both tires and i could smell it my entire ride
    I'd gladly put the poop on my upper lip if it meant I had time to ride. HARUMPH

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big allergy flare up the last few days. So much congestion that it's distracting and making it hard to think. All my normal tricks aren't working.

And I haven't ridden in almost two weeks. Sure, it was a planned offseason break to recover from a bunch of racing and to coincide with a new tattoo that needs time to heal, but I didn't plan for some work related chaos that would make these two weeks really tough to not have a stress relieving outlet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I looked at the weather this morning before my ride. 58 and cloudy, zero percent chance of rain.

30 seconds into the ride its drizzling. 2 minutes later a steady rain has developed.

I did an hour in the rain on my Corsa, which happened to be shod with Carbone Pros. So no brakes really, and lots of sketchy runners on the path.

A perfectly good Signal with full coverage fenders and 27mm Paves was hanging up at home.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sitting in front of the work computer after getting out of my annual CPE I had the sad realization that I would prefer to be back there with the nurses jabbing needles into me and the doctor shoving his finger up my ass.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After a few weeks off the bike, it feels like ive lost any lung capacity I used to have.

Not sure why I didn't really ride in that time, it started off with a busy week and then snowballed with rain, but it feels great to be out there.
    Matt Moore

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

greedy house vendors,....... people bought a house knock-down price from a builder, 6 months later want 25% more than they paid for it.........greedy greedy flippers, and they can stuff their sob story medical reasons for selling right up their arses.....
    Real World persona : Andy Corso

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For all the design and engineering effort that went into creating the super duper green fleshless uninal in my bathroom, it would have been great if someone had actually product tested it by peeing in it while wearing light colored chinos. Because I swear there isn't a single spot you can pee on this thing that doesn't splatter all over you.

We probably spent a zillion dollars on something that serves the purpose of a toilet less well than an outhouse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    For all the design and engineering effort that went into creating the super duper green fleshless uninal in my bathroom, it would have been great if someone had actually product tested it by peeing in it while wearing light colored chinos. Because I swear there isn't a single spot you can pee on this thing that doesn't splatter all over you.

We probably spent a zillion dollars on something that serves the purpose of a toilet less well than an outhouse.

Simple solution...take 3 big steps back. If someone complains of your approach angle you'll have a chance to start the conversation with HR about getting some regular units installed.

Going to do some pushups...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My legs feel like limp bags of meat today. Last week and on Mon-Tues they felt fantastic. Grump grump.
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    Simple solution...take 3 big steps back. If someone complains of your approach angle you'll have a chance to start the conversation with HR about getting some regular units installed.

Going to do some pushups...

Stage a sit down protest.

Pushups here as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to bring my sailboat to it's Winter home this wknd. I've had a solid 6+ months of sailing the old girl, which has been great, but these are dark days as parting is such sorrow. Rum will prove my only solace, to remember, and to forget. Oh my little heart.
    you're not the lord of the flies