User Tag List

Page 242 of 364 FirstFirst ... 232233234235236237238239240241242243244245246247248249250251252 ... LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,840 of 7273

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Quote Originally Posted by lumpy View Post
    I ate a too-old sausage Tuesday night. I thought it would be ok after I cooked it. All last night I was sick as a dog and I haven't been able to eat anything today.
    Refrigerator went out Friday night. Bought groceries Saturday. Panicked Sunday when it all became clear. Ate very well Monday, no repair. Made poor dietary choices^^^^^ Tuesday night against my better judgement, no repair. Repair guy shows up Wednesday morning and knocks her back into shape, starting to get very sick. All last night and today I've been in a very bad place. Almost passed out and threw up at the same time in the grocery store at noon today rebuying everything I should have thrown away.

SFW: http://i.imgur.com/yldEDgb.gif

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My cast is ass bad. I hate this cast. Hate hate hate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is getting disgusting. That's a comment and a grump.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oncologist yesterday. More tests and poking and prodding and scans. Bone marrow biopsy next week. Not looking forward to that. Another two weeks before I get the full diagnosis to start treatment. I want to start NOW!

"Even my farts smell like steel!" - Diel

"Make something with your hands. Not with your money." - Dario

Sean Doyle

www.devlincc.com

https://www.instagram.com/devlincustomcycles/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139142779@N05/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by devlin View Post
    Oncologist yesterday. More tests and poking and prodding and scans. Bone marrow biopsy next week. Not looking forward to that. Another two weeks before I get the full diagnosis to start treatment. I want to start NOW!
    The Liminal space between "you have a mass", and diagnosis is the hardest time because it's both the most uncertain, and there is zero control. BTDT.

I found that when I could let go and just trust the process... trust the outcome, I could find peace. But It was hard.

Wishing you peace

len

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. I'm OK that there is something there. I have a good chance of recovery, so I am at the moment just treating it as an inconvenience. I'll worry about it if they ever tell me it's worse or it's not responding. The big question is what type of Lymphoma I have. The constant tickle in the throat and the breathing getting a touch laboured when I walk for a while is just uncomfortable.

Sean Doyle

www.devlincc.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
    My cast is ass bad. I hate this cast. Hate hate hate
    Don't they (whoever the proverbial 'they' are?) make a fixture that immobilizes your hand and wrist that's also removable for cleaning? Seems like a no-brainer and a profitable patent waiting to happen.

Pay me the royalties when this is all done.

Plaster casts seem so 1970s. Early 1970s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    Don't they (whoever the proverbial 'they' are?) make a fixture that immobilizes your hand and wrist that's also removable for cleaning? Seems like a no-brainer and a profitable patent waiting to happen.

But then what would your friends sign?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know I'm gonna take pictures of the arm and inside of the cast once it is removed in two weeks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife's orthopedic surgeon said they basically put old fashioned casts on people they can't trust with a Velcro/plastic set up. Only idiots who will push things get old school casts.

Yup.
    Jason Babcock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mjbabcock View Post
    My wife's orthopedic surgeon said they basically put old fashioned casts on people they can't trust with a Velcro/plastic set up. Only idiots who will push things get old school casts.

Yup.
    I have been call worse

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup.
    Not sure this is true....but there are so many good options these days.

Having an MD parent who works at one of the best orthopedic hospitals in the country, I have been told and have personal experience with the following:

Velcro/Plastic setup = usually first used for a very short period of time if swelling is really bad. Then one of the options below.

Plaster = when they need to set a hand, thumb, fingers in a special way that they cannot accomplish with fiberglass cast.

Fiberglass = most common these days unless they need to use plaster as mentioned above.

Most importantly, listen to your MD. Don't use the broken body part until it is fully healed which usually does not happen until weeks/months after the cast comes off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know I'm gonna take pictures of the arm and inside of the cast once it is removed in two weeks
    make sure you capture the smell of it. Nothing smells more disgusting than a body part that has not been washed in several weeks. It's just gross. Enjoy it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This ---->
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCfixie View Post
    Plaster = when they need to set a hand, thumb, fingers in a special way
    It's actually just a hairline fracture at an oblique angle. The prognoses is very good. It just sucks and stinks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This ---->

It's actually just a hairline fracture at an oblique angle. The prognoses is very good. It just sucks and stinks.
    You didn't want an external fixator. Ask me how I know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by devlin View Post
    The bone marrow biopsy isn't that bad depending how they do it. They poked a hole in one of the flanges of my pelvis that's right there on the surface, the only thing to get over was the sucking noise the instrument made. I was the subject of a nurse's Thursday post, though, because I was so worked up over it I jumped and kicked her by mistake. It was easier than the novocaine shot before dentistry so my reaction was totally embarrassing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently they are going to sedate me so I don't leap off the table. Not a general but enough that everything is really dull. It's just all part of the speed hump. can't wait to get the proper diagnosis so they can start treating me. Too many things I want to so to go and lay down in an oven for ever.

Sean Doyle

www.devlincc.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup.
    I'm one of those idiots....and I'm not alone. Buddy of mine cut his cast off early. Hey 3 weeks is enough right ;)

Grump..minor and repeated..........leaf blowers. Don't direct that stupid device at me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sine View Post

Grump..minor and repeated..........leaf blowers. Don't direct that stupid device at me.
    It's Friday. So sue me.

Everyone knows that I HATE leaf blowers with a passion. But there is one application where they might make some sense and when I become the supreme overlord of the world and ban them I won't prosecute those who use them for this purpose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the snows was that light Id be leaving the car there and taking the skis out.

Sean Doyle

www.devlincc.com