User Tag List

Page 24 of 362 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What's chapping my @ss today?

In the pitch black, wrong way cyclists with those ^*(^)&$$^# blinking head and taillights. Out for a ride this evening and here come two morons right at me with their stupid blinkies. As they got close I pointed out that bikes ride on the right side of the road. One replied "nah uhnn".
    Took a few minutes of chanting "serenity now" to calm down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by znfdl View Post
    When I ask my employees for a date when they will finish the assignment and only give me excuses why they cannot state when they will finish.
    You work for the Fed gov't don't you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This entire election. In fact, every election from President down to the local councilmen. Decades ago, my grandfather said that anyone willing to submit to the public scrutiny of an election isn't worth electing anyway. I can't imagine what he'd say if he saw the whole shit show now.

Shitty vs Awful shouldn't be the ballot choices.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bcm119 View Post
    This may not be a popular opinion, but: flipping houses.

There is a radio ad on around here now advertising a seminar to learn how to “flip houses in your spare time”. Really? There is a VERY tight housing market in the bay area, and folks like me are struggling to get their foot in the door. And these “house flippers” will snatch up older bungalows that need a little TLC – you know, exactly what I want—and gut them, stripping them of all original charms like old wavy glassed windows and kitchen built-ins, and replace with chintzy Home Depot crap to make them look trendy for the chardonnay crowd. And then sell them for 200k more, at least. Pisses me off. If you have that much extra cash lying around why not invest it in the market like everyone else and leave the fixer-uppers to young people who actually want an affordable house to live in.
    Add to that the idea of a "housing recovery" being a return to overinflated prices. Housing at 5 and 6x income isn't a recovery. It's a life sucking drag on people and the economic health of this country.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 30mph west wind today on my way home was about 40% dirt. There's a reason that white people stuck the Native Americans with Oklahoma until they figured out there was oil here. Crom has forsaken this land.
    Eric Doswell, aka Edoz
    Summoner of Crickets
    http://edozbicycles.wordpress.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/edozbicycles/
    In Before the Lock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being at work at 9:00 pm on a Thursday night with the knowledge that you will be there until after the clock strikes Friday. And yeah, I was at work by 9:00 am this morning despite working past midnight lastnight too.

Should I even bother setting the alarm for 5:00 am tomorrow morning to ride?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    You get a merit badge. LBS purple heart.
    The original owner was a bike mensch, always fixing bikes for the homeless center, a bike commuter activist, trail builder. He passed away a year ago from complications of MS (under 40 yrs old) and his buddy is trying to make it work and sharing profits w/ the widow and 2 orphaned kids. I have no idea how he keeps the doors open.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This conversation:

Dude: thanks for fixing my bike. I was in a jam.

Me: No sweat, glad to help.

Dude: I saw one of your bikes on FB yesterday.

Me: Cool. Did post a cool comment?

Dude: No

Me: Did you say anything?

Me: Did you at least 'like' it?

Me: thanks...........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Left hooks by inattentive, sleepy drivers. We're watching you!
    Start slow, then taper off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Titanium conducts and magnifies sounds in order to taunt me. Laws of acoustics I hate you.
    Last edited by Too Tall; 10-25-2012 at 10:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snow out here in Silverthorne, and my snow bike is back in MI where it is 70F today.

image-2646429828.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

The Doors. They suck, and they always have. Jim Morrison was a self-important exhibitionist scumbag whose only real talent was self-promotion. His lyrics aren't profound; they're insipid.

248207JimMorrisonAge27.jpg
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leaving for vaca Sunday morning. Of course the package I am waiting for from UPS isn't arriving until Monday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honey-Fucking-BooBoo. This country is doomed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Why didn't you watch the debate?"

a) Because the Giants were on.

b) Because it's not required. I'm not going to vote for the top office anyway. And I can do that because brave men and women died so that neither the howling dickwads on either side of the political spectrum nor the government itself couldn't make me vote for somebody if I didn't want to.

Mom: He was very sickly until he started riding around on that bicycle.

Dad: Yeah... well... now his body's fine, but his mind is gone.

-Breaking Away

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hearing or reading the phrase "civic duty fullfilled" after people vote. Yo, there's more to it than voting once every couple years.
    "Beauty is the visible expression of man's pleasure in labor."—Frederic Goudy

Dave Wofford . | . H O R S E . & . B U G G Y . P R E S S
    graphic design, letterpress printing, fine press books and more . . . for the jet age and beyond.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the weather! or should i say: the weather hype! i get it, we may have a big tropical storm here in new england and true enough i give a shit as my boat is still in the water. but its not the 2nd coming, or the apocalypse, or even some hollywood awards show - its just the weather, keep me posted and save the sales pitch!!
    you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Commuting to work this morning a guy in a truck ran a stop sign right in front of me. Totally blatant, he might have slowed for a split second but then continued straight through at ~18 mph. It was even near a middle school. When I yelled at him he looked at me but did/said nothing.
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O'Hare aiport. My connections are always at opposite ends and I have to sprint there to make it on time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Further laments of the cubicle dweller.

Work on technical evaluation of a couple alternatives. Write up alternatives, results, problems, ask questions about other projects that affect which alternatives will work and which won't, ask questions about whether it is worth taking the evaluations out of the sandbox and into systems where the evaluations themselves will cost money because the sandbox isn't configured to address certain considerations.

Wait two weeks for a reply, hear nothing. Ask the Project Manager what gives, they remind the person that can answer the questions. Another week, nothing. Status meeting on Monday results in second meeting today because the person that can answer the questions clearly never read the write up. Today's meeting was spent explaining the write up in words of one syllable.

My assignment from today's meeting? Draw pictures of the alternatives so they can understand them.