User Tag List

Page 237 of 364 FirstFirst ... 227228229230231232233234235236237238239240241242243244245246247 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,740 of 7273

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

So. I managed to get up at 545 to ride to work. Had amazing ride to work. Get there. Bike rack is basically full of beaters. Could not figure out a way to get my frame close enough to get u lock on frame without leaving bike at risk for damage by removal of beater bikes. So, I decide to bring bike inside hospital, since security will cut lock off any bike locked to a railing.

In elevator on way up out of garage, security guy asks where I'm going with the bike, ready to jump on my butt about it. I told him rack was full. I'm bringing it inside and leaving in med staff office. He says why don't I put it in bike locker outside. Because my u lock won't work on the outdoor bike lockers. Thankfully, he didn't give me any grief after that.

Stupid campus police. As bad a mall cop.

Got to find a better system.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shimano part delays

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no grumps except i really wanna eat a cookie right now but if i do that i can't get a baguette and cookie after work. only $8 in the wallet and don't get paid 'til tmrw.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's see...

Nope. Everything - bridge loan; mortgage; home inspection; legal examination; listing our current house - is going smoothly at the moment.

I hope I didn't just jinx it.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    Let's see...

Nope. Everything - bridge loan; mortgage; home inspection; legal examination; listing our current house - is going smoothly at the moment.

I hope I didn't just jinx it.
    those are things best left in silence, IMO.
    Matt Moore

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my grump:
    totally destroyed my pro4 tire last week, riding a cheaaaap 40tpi 23c clincher for the rest of the year since the snow will start flying here in a month or so and my riding is slowing down...
    waiting to order a new set of tires for next year from an online source since the pro4 here is $100 vs the $35 I paid for the same tire in the spring.
    Matt Moore

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-- so far so good..,

ekg.., blood pressure.., blood work.., cap scan upper x-rays.. -- look'n good..
    tuesday is the reel balls to the wall or in the wall..!!
    thallium/myoview stress tredmill test to see if what blockage is where and damage done..

i am off my mega caffeine addiction and drinking pouted water that fish make love in..
    more water consumed in past few days than i do in a month --- ain't to bad.., really

wish me luck with a smile..,

ronnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new American Airlines still sucks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ride for 90 minutes in the woods, get back to the parking lot ahead of my riding partner, the dawg. See a fucking douche bag roll in from another trail. My dawg is well behaved on the trails and in general but this fucking dick starts ranting and raving how he is allergic to all sorts of shit including dogs. This is the second time in a month this tool has blown a gasket on m and my pups. A couple of guys I know who happened to be going out on a ride, and have ridden with me and the dog, start a flamethrower attack on this guy and then another biker with his dog ends a ride. This guy kicks it up a notch with lyme disease and all sorts of shit until I take my dog and we go back out for another quick loop to burn this new stress off. Allergic to all sorts of shit and you ride out in nature, get a fucking bubble.

Florida license plates at B Street...you have been warned.

Rant ovah.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What's chapping my @ss today?

Being late for work because the drawbridge is up.. and then I have to wait for two barges all the while a crazy guy is swearing and threatening everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crybaby, orange boy, John Boehner. Give me a fucking break,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could easily write a book on the last 4 weeks of shit I've been through, although I've learned a lot about my self and family.

The bottom line is that my dad died on Wednesday.

I've been here in NY since Sept 2. My dad had a rare blood/bone marrow cancer for the last few years, and he'd been getting steadily weaker and more tired, with more frequent blood transfusions. In late August he went in to Westchester med center for inpatient chemo treatment. During that 5 day treatment his kidneys shut down completely. Since he was too weak to stand, he eventually made the decision to discontinue dialysis and let nature take its course. During this whole time his brain became impaired. He had trouble speaking and finding words, but he was still sharp, just slow. He needed too much care for home hospice so we moved him to a hospice/hospital in the Bronx. He lasted 8 days there. He was 77.

The whole time I was driving my mom down to the hospital each day from Dutchess county, a hour+ drive each way on the Taconic. It became evident to my brother and I that my mom has serious memory impairment, and we asked my dad about it during a moment she was out of the hospital room. He confirmed it had gotten worse recently and said he was starting to suspect early stage alzheimers. So dad was dying and we find out mom is going to need some serious care.

In the middle of this, we discovered that my dad's iPad and wallet had disappeared from his hospital room after he was admitted. We thought my mom just lost them, but after turning her car and house upside down, it was clear they were gone. Lots of online account maintenance ensued.

Also, mom's house has a well, and the well pump died last week while we were trying to leave for the hospital. No water for 36 hours followed by $1500 and an afternoon of waiting.

Now that dad finally passed, we're figuring out what to do with my mom. She's coming back to Calif with me for a few days and then I'm putting her on a plane to Boston for my brother to pick her up. After that, I don't know. I'm contacting her good friends and letting her know what's up. Her living alone may only be short term solution. So, that's my grump, sorry it's not Thursday.

The silver lining to all this is that my dad left us a 491-page autobiography, all hand written in pencil. We all can't wait to read it. He was an amazing guy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PayPal is a giant effing racket.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Less than 48 hours before I'm needing to take a bunch of bikes to Portland, my car decides to have issues... Guy at work has a code reader, says misfire on cylinder 3.
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Working on a job for a local client doing a little piping design. SUPER SIMPLE, in theory. But the tank manufacturer can't seem to produce a drawing that's worth a damn. This is the latest 'drawing'.

I don't know nozzle sizes. Or their radius from the center of the tank. Or their elevation. Or their radial layout position (some are shown, but not all). I don't know any dimensions, at all.

Someone deserves a kick in the nuts for this.

Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My tooth broke :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Negotiating a Purchase & Sale Agreement turns everyone into assholes.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-- "lets have a scotch or 2.."

ronnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having to avoid pushups long enough to vent about the wannabe hipster that attempted to pass me to the inside going around a blind corner on a heavily trafficked path yesterday. I'm not quite sure the empty nester on the folding bike he ran off the path agreed with my choice to stop short of rearranging the smug features on his face. It takes a certain kind of person to recover from nearly putting an innocent woman in the hospital by pulling alongside to finally complete the pass and telling me what a nice day it is with a mock friendly wave. My only hope is the looks of fear over his shoulder before I turned off signaled his ability to learn better behavior from the one sided discussion that took place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seller: "the rock ledge is not included. I plan to take that with me"