User Tag List

Page 233 of 362 FirstFirst ... 223224225226227228229230231232233234235236237238239240241242243 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Quote Originally Posted by xjoex View Post
    The floor guys showed up 5 hours late. I went down this evening to take a look and I found....

That they took a shit in one of my dog's bowls and left it in the bathroom where the toilet would have been.
    WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?
    -Joe
    Simply invert said bowl on their hood as you tell them they are fired tomorrow morning.
    Jason Babcock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to try a CX race next week, planning on riding my mtb, then this sob shows up on the CL.
    ridley.jpg

Duck season is coming, I don't have any bike season money...

Tell me it's a pos and I'm too heavy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was going on a group ride last night, and the thunder made me think it was going to be cancelled. So I replaced the dead supernova headlight on my gravel bike, and as I'm getting done it appears that the storm has blown over. Get out to the start of the ride late, so I miss the few people that did show up. Headed up the mountain, and it starts pouring. Not really interested in dying on the side of a mountain, I ride back down the hill. Get home, and we didn't get a drop -- rain would be nice because I'm trying to regrow some grass killed by construction work. Two out of the last three wednesdays it has done the same thing.

Waiting for the mailman hoping they sent me a settlement check (that part would be a non-grump). They failed to ask me if I wanted direct deposit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read today that Chicago will have the largest real estate tax increase in recent years. We have a 500 Million hole in pension funding for Fire and Police. And CPS is broke as well. I don't mind getting them solvent again but all at once is going to hurt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

broken wrist :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<sigh> People.

bike_swap_disaster by ultimatecrazylegs, on Flickr
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Zuzu’s pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Borisch View Post
    <sigh> People.
    Well that didn't post too well.

This should be readable.

https://www.evernote.com/l/AAIY5Q8Rv...eMUxgZjGOc9Zq4

Sorry about that.
    Zuzu’s pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.President View Post
    The lottery cannot come soon enough...this teaching crap is not all that it is cracked up to be. Children just don't care anymore.

I blame the Kardashians.
    Just wait until Kanye runs for President. All Kardashian all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xjoex View Post
    I know this is not a Thursday, but I have to share.

I am getting my floors done in the basement. There is no toilet there right now as they pulled it up to put in the floors.

The floor guys showed up 5 hours late. I went down this evening to take a look and I found....

That they took a shit in one of my dog's bowls and left it in the bathroom where the toilet would have been.

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?

-Joe
    I sure as hell hope you haven't those clowns anything yet, because if that that happened to me, it would be the last time any of them ever set foot on my property.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TMB View Post
    Just wait until Kanye runs for President. All Kardashian all the time.

My grump for today --- 1:00 meeting just got moved to 11:30. There goes my lunchtime ride.

And I've been helping plan a social ride for the company site. Was supposed to have some high-level participation. The top dog just backed out. Instantly, the other people who are planning it are thinking to just shut down the event. What? Shows who they were actually putting the event on for...
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TMB View Post
    I sure as hell hope you haven't those clowns anything yet, because if that that happened to me, it would be the last time any of them ever set foot on my property.
    agreed. that's fucked up. on multiple levels.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if they have done their job, send their company a bill for hazmat cleanup.
    Matt Moore

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This really makes me wonder : what the fuck is wrong with this world.

I cried and I'm still a little screwed right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Guillaume View Post
    This really makes me wonder : what the fuck is wrong with this world.

I cried and I'm still a little screwed right now.

Agreed. I saw that and everything else just kind of became meaningless. All the petty stuff we complain about and the rest of the world has a huge humanitarian and refugee crisis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

War is the second lowest endeavor humans pursue. Politics is number one.

I don't know where that image came from but it is the most obscene thing I've ever seen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XR2 View Post

I don't know where that image came from but it is the most obscene thing I've ever seen.
    Turkey. Little kid and his brother (who also drowned) were in boat with relatives (I know for sure the father was there, don't know about the mother), refugees from war in Syria.

Edit: One of the alternatives to seeing this sort of picture would have been a more aggressive US / EU intervention in that nasty war, in which case we would have seen pictures of US body bags coming home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Religion, war, rape, torture, human suffering, poverty, hunger, access to clean water and education - how is it possible ......is it really 2015 - how far have we evolved or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XR2 View Post

Drowned Syrian child's dad: 'Everything ... is gone' - CNN.com
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mabouya View Post
    One of the alternatives to seeing this sort of picture would have been a more aggressive US / EU intervention in that nasty war, in which case we would have seen pictures of US body bags coming home.
    this wouldn't have stopped a damn thing. You can't always bomb the crap out of people until it's unicorns and hugs all around. If we hadn't torn the ME to shreds, this may or may not be happening right now, who can know? But we kicked over the hornet's nest and left some really violent people out of power. That's not a stable situation that will resolve itself without refugees.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pardon my ignorance on this one, but listening to US and Canadian radio I have heard about the efforts (or lack thereof) that western nations are engaged in with regards to the ME and the refugee issues. What I haven't heard of is the efforts of China, Russia, Brazil, Japan, Korea, Argentina, Mexico, Indonesia, etc.

Are other nations engaged in humanitarian causes, at least accepting refugee populations, the way "we" are?
    Jason Babcock