User Tag List

Page 232 of 362 FirstFirst ... 222223224225226227228229230231232233234235236237238239240241242 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,640 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

I want to make chocolate truffle cookies but there is no butter in the house.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-- mind says go and body says whoa..
    body parts hurt, time back i never noticed..

ronnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

friends who die at 27.
    family hasn't revealed results of autopsy and i don't really expect them to.
    small part of me that i want to ignore supposes suicide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    Give up cycling, keep riding the bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a number game .....not everyone is going to care or get it....just look around your work environment......it mirrors a classroom.

The kids need you (only if you still care, not the kind of job to just punch a clock) - I can still remember the two teachers in my life that made a difference - 2nd grade and junior year of high school - pretty big spread of time but they made a lasting impact.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm on vacation and my friggin leg hurts every time I try to ride. I jacked something up.

Artie

Whenever things are great, everyone is all about "hey look at me". But once the sh!t hits the fan, it's "Hey don't look at me. "
    Put your name on it.
    You own your successes AND your failures.
    Yeesh.
    Ok, I'm good now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    I'm on vacation and my friggin leg hurts every time I try to ride. I jacked something up.
    They're called hills. Your body will acclimate eventually

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roseyscot View Post
    They're called hills. Your body will acclimate eventually
    My right leg acclimated fine. My left leg wants to be in Miami.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HR departments

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hellafab View Post
    my teachers would get frustrated because I could come up with a way of doing things that wasn't their way.
    #smalltownliving
    you know what is funny I feel the same way about teaching stuff. I love teaching, but having to teach stuff one way is narrow minded and i want my kids to think for themselves not just regurgitate what they can read or if I tell them one thing. Education has changed so much and it blows my mind that in the 15 years I have been at it, the rules have changed every year. I know admin's often times have their hands tied, but the ones at the top make decisions for those at the bottom and have such a disconnect with the kids we work with.

You know reading that back, I am sure that is pretty much the deal a lot of places (jobs/careers)
    Dave Bradley...not the grumpy old Hogwarts caretaker "Mr. Filch" or the star of American Ninja 3 and 4.

formerly "Mr.President"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

people that complain privately about others that do crappy work or have attitude problems.... and then when it comes time to confront said individual face to face in a group setting they get all namby pamby and give them more slack and the benefit of the doubt., cutting them slack instead of cutting to the quick and pointing out their subpar work.

this ain't little league. (whether we are talking about work settings or volunteer based organizations)
    "Beauty is the visible expression of man's pleasure in labor."—Frederic Goudy

Dave Wofford . | . H O R S E . & . B U G G Y . P R E S S
    graphic design, letterpress printing, fine press books and more . . . for the jet age and beyond.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets make it a twofer. I just fell going up the stairs with laptop in hand, bending said laptop. Shit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Final combined grump of the day.

I just dropped off my wife at the airport - she'll be gone for 6 days for business in Brazil. I have both kids and my mother-in-law down the street.

There's a hurricane hitting on Sunday too. So I'm hoping the power stays on my neighborhood doesn't flood - and I don't have to stay hunkered down (a phrase you learn when moving to Florida) with my 2 kids and m-i-l.

I also hit a ton of construction in Miami on the way home ... hour plus drive on a one lane super highway to go 20 miles? No way.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Shouldn't grump because I've got tomorrow off, but I will. There is a job opening where I work that I'm waiting for to post in open opportunities. The last time this job was open, it wasn't posted, the manager just found someone he wanted and made an offer. This was the practice quite a bit at work until a complaint was filed with HR about lack of equal opportunity. I want this job but I don't think the manager that I would report to wants me to apply. It's a great opportunity for me to gain experience for a job at another facility in a few years when my son graduates high school. If he backdoor fills the job again, I'll file an EO complaint. Of course that means that I wouldn't want the job because I'd be working for the guy I filed a complaint against. Should be fun.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kids doesn't mean a thing without ages, and you can dump them at the MIL's place for some free time. Tell me they are under 4 and she has dimentia and you have a real grump.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon White View Post
    Final combined grump of the day.

I just dropped off my wife at the airport - she'll be gone for 6 days for business in Brazil. I have both kids and my mother-in-law down the street.

There's a hurricane hitting on Sunday too. So I'm hoping the power stays on my neighborhood doesn't flood - and I don't have to stay hunkered down (a phrase you learn when moving to Florida) with my 2 kids and m-i-l.

I also hit a ton of construction in Miami on the way home ... hour plus drive on a one lane super highway to go 20 miles? No way.
    Jason Babcock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AA.jpg

I hope that the same IT people that are managing the American Airlines-USAirways consolidation aren't writing code for the FAA's air traffic control system. You guys suck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mjbabcock View Post
    Kids doesn't mean a thing without ages, and you can dump them at the MIL's place for some free time. Tell me they are under 4 and she has dimentia and you have a real grump.
    18 months and 6 years old. My m-i-l doesn't have dimentia though.

oh and my wife's flight that was supposed to leave at 11:45 PM left at 9:00 AM today - I'm sure she was grumping she had to stay the night in the MIA airport.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    AA.jpg

I hope that the same IT people that are managing the American Airlines-USAirways consolidation aren't writing code for the FAA's air traffic control system. You guys suck.
    Ok - i know this is a grump thread, but AA has had a ton of website issues. My wife reserved her ticket - went back in that night and it was gone. The next morning, went to book again and was offered round trip biz class for less than the price of a normal ticket. Also - 2 months ago - we bought our October tickets for $500 each. Serious F'ups on their side that have leaned towards our advantage, so far. Then again - her flight was delayed for 9 hours.
    Auk's words to live by:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by defspace View Post
    HR departments
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this is not a Thursday, but I have to share.

I am getting my floors done in the basement. There is no toilet there right now as they pulled it up to put in the floors.

The floor guys showed up 5 hours late. I went down this evening to take a look and I found....

That they took a shit in one of my dog's bowls and left it in the bathroom where the toilet would have been.

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?

-Joe