User Tag List

Page 231 of 362 FirstFirst ... 221222223224225226227228229230231232233234235236237238239240241 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,620 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Realizing that my planning my bike replacement means its next years bike... which means there is another season or two to deal with first.
    Matt Moore

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon White View Post
    Tossing the idea of getting a larger house here. Our market is hot again - looking at $700K for a "fixer upper".
    Welcome to my last 9 months, sigh. First world housing "problems" are my grump too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hellafab View Post
    same.

sellers are out to lunch.

means we will be staying put- but that's not a grump.
    It's the Boston market that's insane. Calling it a seller's market is an understatement.

We're in no hurry and something will eventually work out. But this was a nice, nice place.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    This is more of an observation, and definitely a first world issue, than a grump but I really, really need a vacation and I can think of no vacation that avoids the things I'm trying to get away from: airports, airplanes and hotels.

Stupid thing, I know, but I'm really not all that excited about going back to work tomorrow at 4:30 AM for my next 4-day trip.
    Saab - Get on a sailboat for a week and leave your phone on land!
    you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Teenage chicks driving their boyfriends giant pickup trucks. WTF. Half of them can't see over the dash of these giant blown out Diesel beasts, let alone the texting and such.
    you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The lottery cannot come soon enough...this teaching crap is not all that it is cracked up to be. Children just don't care anymore.

I blame the Kardashians.
    Dave Bradley...not the grumpy old Hogwarts caretaker "Mr. Filch" or the star of American Ninja 3 and 4.

formerly "Mr.President"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6 days until hip surgery. Off the pain killers this week per surgeon's orders.
    My neck is also unhappy about my sleeping position.
    WTF. Let's get this thing done and over with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.President View Post
    I blame the Kardashians.
    I blame the parents for letting (or even encouraging) them watch the Kardashians.

A guy I just flew with is a Navy veteran and said a common saying in his world was, "Every failure is a failure of leadership". I have never heard a truer statement. This applies to pretty much everything in life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New campagnolo brake block holders...... Fukkahs.......those stupid little clips that just bend and break when trying to change blocks.....

Why can't everyone just copy EE..... Slide the old ones out, slide the new ones in.... Bob's yer aunties live in lover.

I love Campagnolo but I hate these fukkahs........carry on.
    Real World persona : Andy Corso

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    I blame the parents for letting (or even encouraging) them watch the Kardashians.

A guy I just flew with is a Navy veteran and said a common saying in his world was, "Every failure is a failure of leadership". I have never heard a truer statement. This applies to pretty much everything in life.
    absolutely. nobody wants to risk success anymore as all we look for is the failures. Everyone has an opinion and all of them are right. No one wants tro be the leader as that person is bound to be broken down for some reason. Ihave to beg students...yep beg...for them to be on student council. Not a huge deal in the grand scheme, but no one wants to stand out unles sit is for looks, sports, or money.

I wish I could bottle hard work and sell it. Then I could afford all the bkes I want.
    Dave Bradley...not the grumpy old Hogwarts caretaker "Mr. Filch" or the star of American Ninja 3 and 4.

formerly "Mr.President"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

absolutely. nobody wants to risk success anymore as all we look for is the failures. Everyone has an opinion and all of them are right. No one wants tro be the leader as that person is bound to be broken down for some reason. Ihave to beg students...yep beg...for them to be on student council. Not a huge deal in the grand scheme, but no one wants to stand out unles sit is for looks, sports, or money.

I wish I could bottle hard work and sell it. Then I could afford all the bkes I want.
    Yes, but the issue isn't just parents--schools have done a great job of reinforcing conservative social and mental behaviors. And the backlash against what some call 'coddling' is going in the wrong way (i.e. the answer isn't to 'toughen 'em up'). Carol Dweck has done fantastic research combining bottom-up brain science and top-down clinical psychology and clearly makes the case for what needs to be happening:

My grump: now that I'm a district level administrator my summers are the busiest time of year and I arrive for the start of school exhausted and all the parents, students, and teachers bubbling with excitement for the new year are the last thing I want to see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The lottery cannot come soon enough...this teaching crap is not all that it is cracked up to be. Children just don't care anymore.

I blame the Kardashians.
    Yes the do, don't give up hope man. They need you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, having a new Campy record 11 speed bike makes me want to upgrade the heavy, 7 year old 10 speed Centaur parts on my other Zank. :( :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the most irksome things I've run up against with young people is the "we haven't learned that yet" closed-mindedness when I present them with something that is just a bit beyond their current education. Doesn't matter that I'm about to SHOW them how the problem is just one step beyond what they've learned, or how they can reason it out. They wanted the easy-way-out formula to "know" the answer rather than any kind of thought process to arrive at the answer. The REALLY maddening thing is when I'm asking them something that they HAVE learned, just presented it in different terms...
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our refrigerator just crapped out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David Tollefson View Post
    One of the most irksome things I've run up against with young people is the "we haven't learned that yet" closed-mindedness when I present them with something that is just a bit beyond their current education. Doesn't matter that I'm about to SHOW them how the problem is just one step beyond what they've learned, or how they can reason it out. They wanted the easy-way-out formula to "know" the answer rather than any kind of thought process to arrive at the answer.
    my teachers would get frustrated because I could come up with a way of doing things that wasn't their way.
    #smalltownliving
    Matt Moore

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hellafab View Post
    my teachers would get frustrated because I could come up with a way of doing things that wasn't their way.
    #smalltownliving
    that would piss me off so bad in school. "NO. you HAVE to do it THIS way."
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only had 30 minutes to shred these sweet trails

IMG_20150827_115817.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=roseyscot;719476]I only had 30 minutes to shred these sweet trails/QUOTE]

My grump is that I've not found local trails that would be any fun on a CX bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Dustin View Post
    that would piss me off so bad in school. "NO. you HAVE to do it THIS way."
    There's only one math test I failed -- geometric proofs. All because I didn't follow the teacher's formula for the route to prove x=y. I got there, and it was technically right. It just wasn't the same.
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john