User Tag List

Page 218 of 353 FirstFirst ... 208209210211212213214215216217218219220221222223224225226227228 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,360 of 7049

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Quote Originally Posted by rmplum View Post
    I dunno. People who know, know. It could use a little more ear sauce I suppose - but I'd rather sound less fast than I am than the other way 'round.

Some dude in a AMG GLA45 tried REALLY hard to race me the other night when I was out running some errands. It was dark and he picked me right out.
    Gotcha and mostly agree. I was kidding about the servo. Mercedes make some very nice hot rods ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw a nice 58-60ish white Corvette convertible on the way home tonight. Top down, ran like stink. Seriously, like stink. Sounded good but it had to be putting a quarter to a half of the gas right out the pipe unburnt. Too bad, cosmetically beautiful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Lionel, you weren't getting groceries at the local store here in Schenectady this weekend, were you? I should have snapped a pic of the quite attractive Porsche parked there - it stood out a bit because my eight year old Volvo hatchback is often the best car in the lot. The store isn't exactly the kind of place somebody with a $150k supercar normally comes for their grub. If it was you, you can thank me for taking the cart out of the parking spot right in front of it and upwind. It was breezy and that cart had intentions for the gleaming white paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Saw a nice 58-60ish white Corvette convertible on the way home tonight. Top down, ran like stink. Seriously, like stink. Sounded good but it had to be putting a quarter to a half of the gas right out the pipe unburnt. Too bad, cosmetically beautiful.
    Went to a car show at the Year One HQ a few weeks ago and there was a beautiful restomod '58 Corvette. Black exterior, red interior with some modern stuff in it, but extremely well integrated, and an LS under the hood. Gorgeous car.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spotted Saturday morning on my regular ride route...boy was this clean.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    So Lionel, you weren't getting groceries at the local store here in Schenectady this weekend, were you? I should have snapped a pic of the quite attractive Porsche parked there - it stood out a bit because my eight year old Volvo hatchback is often the best car in the lot. The store isn't exactly the kind of place somebody with a $150k supercar normally comes for their grub. If it was you, you can thank me for taking the cart out of the parking spot right in front of it and upwind. It was breezy and that cart had intentions for the gleaming white paint.
    Nope, been hanging in France for 10 days. Missing the car!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    Spotted Saturday morning on my regular ride route...boy was this clean.
    Logged in to like this! Saw a lady driving a much more worn version the other week, while talking on a vintage car phone that plugged into the dash. I was too in awe of her time-traveling skills to be upset about her distracted driving.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Vanagon looks like it might have a coolant leak, if this is a water-cooled model. Radiator is in the front and long coolant lines run from the engine in back. Or a leftover oil stain from something else.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a Vanagon, it's going to be leaking something from somewhere.
    Brian Earle
    North Vancouver, BC
    Built a few frames in my garage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    It's a Vanagon, it's going to be leaking something from somewhere.
    This is true.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#fiestafrustrations . I've been working with the local Ford dealer for a few weeks now on finding a white, no sunroof, manual Fiesta...to make a long story short they can't source one anywhere. I found a pile of them out in Carlsbad CA but they won't negotiate and want $1700 for freight. In my searches I also found a brand new 2017 ST out there (I think I'd rather the 4-cylinder 1.6 to the 3-banger 1.5 in '18s & '19s) but they want more for it than my local guys want for a 2019 so I think I'm about ready to give up on the Fiesta idea all together.

Why is it so damn hard to find manuals anymore!?!
    laughter has no foreign accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Musgrave View Post
    #fiestafrustrations . I've been working with the local Ford dealer for a few weeks now on finding a white, no sunroof, manual Fiesta...to make a long story short they can't source one anywhere. I found a pile of them out in Carlsbad CA but they won't negotiate and want $1700 for freight. In my searches I also found a brand new 2017 ST out there (I think I'd rather the 4-cylinder 1.6 to the 3-banger 1.5 in '18s & '19s) but they want more for it than my local guys want for a 2019 so I think I'm about ready to give up on the Fiesta idea all together.

Your looking for the wrong car

Porsche Audi Volkswagen of Asheville

Autotrader - page unavailable

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alternatively, you could fly out to Carlsbad, drive to Del Mar, visit Craig and Jeff, order a Gaulzetti Interclub, buy the Fiesta, and road trip home. It'd be the most expensive Fiesta deal you could find, but you'd also have an Interclub and a great story.

#manuals4eva

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i still don't understand why you would want a new base model fiesta. you'd mentioned earlier doing some suspension modifications to it- and it just seems like throwing a bunch of money away- especially when for the same money you could walk into a Carmax and get a used car that is significantly better in every way.

what's the draw of a brand new fiesta? why not get an ST? a new '17 SHOULD be the same price as a new '19 base model and it's actually a peppy car that isn't going to make you hate driving and hate your car.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    i still don't understand why you would want a new base model fiesta. you'd mentioned earlier doing some suspension modifications to it- and it just seems like throwing a bunch of money away- especially when for the same money you could walk into a Carmax and get a used car that is significantly better in every way.

what's the draw of a brand new fiesta? why not get an ST? a new '17 SHOULD be the same price as a new '19 base model and it's actually a peppy car that isn't going to make you hate driving and hate your car.
    Agreed, the 17 and 19 STs should cost the same - I do not think I should have to pay $2k more for the 17 than a 19 though.

As far as the attraction to the base model goes...the short answer is #becauserallycar . I have always been interested in stage-rally and the Fiesta is the 'it' car for fwd classes at the moment. Over and over again you read on the forums/ig "these things are unbelievably fast on stage" etc. Most of the go-fast bits on the ST would be replaced (wasted) during stage-rally conversion anyway...

So my plan is skid plate, ST brake conversion, some Bilstein B8's and start with local rallycross...and overtime cherry pick towards a full R2-spec conversion.

It might not be the smartest plan - but it's my plan and it makes me happy thinking about it and it's either that or snag a NB and start building a track car...
    laughter has no foreign accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would it be easier to find in a color other than white?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rally cross is so appealing for alot of reasons, I get it. I've done enough autocross that I'm getting a little bored with it. The skills are real and it is ever worthwhile to hone your car rotation skills so yeah rah for that but man I've got the wrong car for doing REALLY fast and that's beginning to bug me.
    Rally Cross OTOH looks like I could buy a POS and have just as much fun if not more and I'd never want a "better" car than what J.M. describes.
    Could be a thing ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On going series, the cars of Elizabeth Street.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oy,,that Ford is dead sexy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, the 17 and 19 STs should cost the same - I do not think I should have to pay $2k more for the 17 than a 19 though.

As far as the attraction to the base model goes...the short answer is #becauserallycar . I have always been interested in stage-rally and the Fiesta is the 'it' car for fwd classes at the moment. Over and over again you read on the forums/ig "these things are unbelievably fast on stage" etc. Most of the go-fast bits on the ST would be replaced (wasted) during stage-rally conversion anyway...

So my plan is skid plate, ST brake conversion, some Bilstein B8's and start with local rallycross...and overtime cherry pick towards a full R2-spec conversion.

It might not be the smartest plan - but it's my plan and it makes me happy thinking about it and it's either that or snag a NB and start building a track car...
    got it. i didn't know the the ST and the base shared the same engine. understood now!
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co