User Tag List

Page 213 of 355 FirstFirst ... 203204205206207208209210211212213214215216217218219220221222223 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,260 of 7081

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

here's a link to the short piece about the other car that was being filmed when they filmed mine. my car gets a cameo in this which is cool. the movie (video? clip? youtube review? one take? what do you call these things?) for mine should be up in a few days. i can' wait to see it and how stupid i look and sound!

bamboo, aluminum, wood.

My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lionel you really should get the wing. Its a GT3 and the wing is functional. you can feel it above 120. I had my 2004 at 175 still pulling in 5th gear and you could very much feel the affect of the wind. The GT3 really needs a wing if you are going to wring it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
    Actually I am coming around on the wing a bit. In vSalon style the wing is very useful to install the seasucker rear wheel holder and the front on the rear window :)

I drove the T, while fun I was not a fan of the 7 speed gear box. The 6 speed in the GT3 is perfect. The engine in the GT3 is also perfect.
    Lionel:
    Good on you! Remember wide bodies need wings! it's about aesthetic balance i guess. honestly you could take it off if you hated it because the intercooler doesn't live in the wing anymore.

I've heard bad things about the seven speed- what's the issue with it? too many gears?

i took the mustang out today to the sunrise highway to beat the hell out of it. then i went to the new gigantic harley-davidson dealership and test rode the new Fat Bob. I kinda sorta am getting the cruiser thing. a harley like that would be the worst thing for an addict like me. as you guys know- i love dicking with stuff and tweaking stuff and making things better. harley literally has 17 different license plate holders. the amount of customization you can do to those pieces of shit is absurd.

honestly, they're kind of shitty motorcycles. they're really really heavy. they don't corner for shit. you get on them and the seat is so low you feel like you're riding a kid's bike- but i did feel like i could pull off wearing brown leather pants with spikes on my belt and one of those skeleton bandanas around my mouth without feeling like i was going uncomfortably undercover at a leather bar.

no. i'm not buying one.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enough with the P cars. Sheesh. BTW it's an open can of pickled herring not Cheetohs.

Toyota Tundra. What a freakin' vehicle for getting it done. Just back from hauling the travel trailer (6000+ lbs) from here to PA > Just south of Albany. Avg. speed around 65 mph up and down hill. With a sway bar it tows like the trailer isn't there. Never saw the water/oil/trans temp budge. It has a uuuuge gas tank, almost like they thought this out.

Horses for courses yada yada but this is a horse for towing mid-size trailers fo show.

Tundra-Black.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    Lionel:
    Good on you! Remember wide bodies need wings! it's about aesthetic balance i guess. honestly you could take it off if you hated it because the intercooler doesn't live in the wing anymore.

I've heard bad things about the seven speed- what's the issue with it? too many gears?

i took the mustang out today to the sunrise highway to beat the hell out of it. then i went to the new gigantic harley-davidson dealership and test rode the new Fat Bob. I kinda sorta am getting the cruiser thing. a harley like that would be the worst thing for an addict like me. as you guys know- i love dicking with stuff and tweaking stuff and making things better. harley literally has 17 different license plate holders. the amount of customization you can do to those pieces of shit is absurd.

honestly, they're kind of shitty motorcycles. they're really really heavy. they don't corner for shit. you get on them and the seat is so low you feel like you're riding a kid's bike- but i did feel like i could pull off wearing brown leather pants with spikes on my belt and one of those skeleton bandanas around my mouth without feeling like i was going uncomfortably undercover at a leather bar.

no. i'm not buying one.
    Harley - Engineering Sound and Vibration without the side effects of Horsepower for decades now!
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here's a link to the short piece about the other car that was being filmed when they filmed mine. my car gets a cameo in this which is cool. the movie (video? clip? youtube review? one take? what do you call these things?) for mine should be up in a few days. i can' wait to see it and how stupid i look and sound!

That's so awesome Craig! Huge smoking tire fan here, can't wait!
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Enough with the P cars. Sheesh. BTW it's an open can of pickled herring not Cheetohs.

Toyota Tundra. What a freakin' vehicle for getting it done. Just back from hauling the travel trailer (6000+ lbs) from here to PA > Just south of Albany. Avg. speed around 65 mph up and down hill. With a sway bar it tows like the trailer isn't there. Never saw the water/oil/trans temp budge. It has a uuuuge gas tank, almost like they thought this out.

Horses for courses yada yada but this is a horse for towing mid-size trailers fo show.
    How's the seating position? I like lots of things about my Tacoma, but it gives me back ache on long drives. Is the Tundra comfy?

Thanks,

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
    Lionel you really should get the wing. Its a GT3 and the wing is functional. you can feel it above 120. I had my 2004 at 175 still pulling in 5th gear and you could very much feel the affect of the wind. The GT3 really needs a wing if you are going to wring it out.
    Yes there is no doubt that a wing is functional at high speeds and/or on the track. The above 120mph and the track would probably represent less than 1% of my drive time though.... I almost drove down to LA to pick one up Sunday....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lionel:

no. i'm not buying one.
    Yeah the 7 speed stick is for sure one too many gear IMO. The GT 6 speed also feels much tighter and pretty much perfect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cp43 View Post
    How's the seating position? I like lots of things about my Tacoma, but it gives me back ache on long drives. Is the Tundra comfy?

Thanks,

Chris
    Best Truck seats I've ever had. The Silverado was pretty good. What I like is that they are hard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pickled herring is the food of my people. No problems with that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes there is no doubt that a wing is functional at high speeds and/or on the track. The above 120mph and the track would probably represent less than 1% of my drive time though.... I almost drove down to LA to pick one up Sunday....
    remember- the engineers wanted the wing on the gt3- the marketing people wanted no wing.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picking this up in about 10 days in LA. 500 miles on it. Incredibly excited.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

remember- the engineers wanted the wing on the gt3- the marketing people wanted no wing.
    Is that true? I thought the main reason we got the GT3 Touring was because Andreas Preuninger wanted to spite all the speculators that drove the price of the 911R up to $500-600K?
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be no wing and I am very happy about that. Flybelowtheradar. I was trying to find one with sofas but ended up with full carbon buckets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lionel...I tried to cut a deal for you this morning at our coffee shop stop, but the Owner isn't interested in selling right now...I asked and it's a 7-speed too.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post

Lionel...I tried to cut a deal for you this morning at our coffee shop stop, but the Owner isn't interested in selling right now...I asked and it's a 7-speed too.
    Yeah if it’s a 7 speed it’s a PDK. Mine will be a 6 speed manual.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is beautiful and just about perfect in every way. i love white cars. whenever i've had a color choice- it's always been white.

not sure about the stripes but they do look cool.

500 miles? wow. what's the story? demo?
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is beautiful and just about perfect in every way. i love white cars. whenever i've had a color choice- it's always been white.

not sure about the stripes but they do look cool.

500 miles? wow. what's the story? demo?
    Current owner who got the car 2 months ago (it is one of the very few 2019) and put a lot of money into a full wrap with 911R stripes is getting a GT3RS. Car has never seen above 5000rpm, another 500 to 700 miles of break in that I will take care of driving it back to the Bay Area before letting it rip to 9000rpm. Should be fun !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need a copilot to accompany you down there??