User Tag List

Page 209 of 362 FirstFirst ... 199200201202203204205206207208209210211212213214215216217218219 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,180 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

The PA DMV never sent me the title for the car I paid off. So I filled out the form and mailed the check. The next day they cashed the check.

That was 4 weeks ago, my title is nowhere to be found. There is no phone number to call for titles.

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been dealing with a bee sting allergy that raised its ugly head a few years ago. Several incidents requiring the use of the Epipen and hospital gigs keep me somewhat alert as you can imagine. Riding a bike makes it even more interesting. How does the nice weather greet me last evening, a 'effin wasp dings me on the arm while I'm powerwashing the walks and patios at home. Two Benadryl tabs washed down with a warm glass of water and a mud pack of baking soda, then back to the drudgery. Eff you Mr. Wasp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theflashunc View Post
    The fuckers who decided to jump me outside a BART station at 5:30 this morning.

Fuck them.
    Sorry to read this. At least they didn't steal you rock lobster. It's ok? Right? Oh, and you are ok I guess too. :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
    yeah of course this does not include the 1M on American (I used to be an American guy) and the 600K on stupid Air France. Anyway, more than a year of my life I have spent actually flying. Sort of sad really.
    To add insult to injury. You are aging faster than the rest of us......

Scientists prove time really does pass quicker at a higher altitude | Daily Mail Online

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The real wound was having to spend nearly 3 hours at the El Cerrito DMV getting a temp license. That was agony.
    Insult, meet injury. Glad you are generally ok.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm fine. Just made off with my wallet and laptop bag, which didn't have a laptop in it. So they got a bag.

Just some bumps and bruises. The real wound was having to spend nearly 3 hours at the El Cerrito DMV getting a temp license. That was agony.
    I had a root canal today, that's my grump. But I think I'd still prefer it over going to the El Cerrito dmv. There's a reason for those signs discouraging you from assaulting the clerks.
    Seriously, im glad you didn't get hurt. North berkeley?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought I would quite aging after 40... my hair keeps receding... wtf?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomaster View Post
    I thought I would quite aging after 40... my hair keeps receding... wtf?
    At least you still care.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bcm119 View Post
    I had a root canal today, that's my grump. But I think I'd still prefer it over going to the El Cerrito dmv. There's a reason for those signs discouraging you from assaulting the clerks.
    How soon so you get to eat brisket?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nrs5000 View Post
    How soon so you get to eat brisket?
    3 weeks :(
    Still need a titanium post and permanent crown.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
    At least you still care.
    just about the only advantage of ageing is not caring about a lot of things. Hair should definitely be one of those things that you don't care about anymore

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 weeks :(
    Still need a titanium post and permanent crown.
    Oof. And I assume that's not the sort of titanium post that has a winged C on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup. Right at Delaware and Acton.

Keep an eye out if you're in that neck of the woods after dark.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seller-Side Real Estate Agents (when they get greedy) and Buyer-Side Attorneys (when they can't move quickly) who can make a very simple deal more complicated than it needs to be.

We want to sell our house.
    The buyers really want our house, live in our town, and know a few of our neighbors.

So why does everyone have to over complicate the process.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today is two weeks post shoulder surgery. I seem to have taken a step backwards with recovery. Felt good early, maybe too good, possibly over did it. It feels great until it reminds you that you had surgery two weeks ago.

That and all this effin rain, i like rain, just not for two weeks straight.

Between my shoulder and the weather all i do is sit inside and swell up like a tick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not much (to grump about) but this sinus infection is a bugger. Was getting into the swing of things (cycling wise) then off the bike for 2+ weeks. Ah well, c'est la vie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dr's office ran off the guy I had seen for some time. I'm given to understanding a power struggle the business manager won occurred because the place has gone downhill fast while she tears the place down brick by brick. So I managed to make her look bad in the middle of this conflict by pointing out multiple issues she was responsible for that were causing interference with my insurance. Mistakenly made an appointment beforehand. Which was two weeks ago and had the Dr's schedule rearranged so he was unable to perform the small procedure. Second appointment was made for today after multiple apologies from afflicted staff members that were notable for what they didn't say and how they didn't say it.

That appointment was today and possibly ruinous. Yet another underhanded scheduling coup was effected at the last minute first thing this morning. She didn't put anything on the books and had to pull a Dr. out of bed who showed up a half hour late. First words out of his mouth were I haven't done this procedure for 30 years. If they even taught it to me in medical school. What followed overcame my rightful distaste with the pure comedy of the scenario unfolding madly above me. I actually had a laugh with the guy while his nurse was out of the room to try to make him at ease with the mutual discomfort. Though I haven't decided on a response it will be a swift decisive action with the sever, and subsequent cauterization, on their end.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ass isn't chapped, but my throat is, plus I am single-parenting a toddler and a teenager through Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm absolutely slammed with freelance work. I wake up early, do work, then I go to my 'real job', come home, work, go to bed. Repeat.

yeah, yeah, I'll be paid for it, but man, what I wouldn't give for a few hours to not think about this stuff and just ride and get a sunburn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Real estate agents who HDR the crap out of the house photos for their listings. Why do you do this?
    You could be listing a new construction, 7 bedroom, upscale masterpiece for $200,000 and I still would not want to come look at the house, just on general principle.
    my name is Matt