User Tag List

Page 208 of 355 FirstFirst ... 198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212213214215216217218 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,160 of 7081

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Quote Originally Posted by rmplum View Post
    Assume you are talking Fiesta ST. If that's the case I'd never attempt to talk you out of one. They are fantastic little cars - even when driven back to back with REALLY nice rigs. Too bad we don't get the new one, but the one available here is still pretty damn solid.
    I drove an ST and REALLY liked it. That said I was thinking of just a normal NA 1.6 to save a little coin.
    laughter has no foreign accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Musgrave View Post
    I drove an ST and REALLY liked it. That said I was thinking of just a normal NA 1.6 to save a little coin.
    If you can drive the regular 1.6L Fiesta around every day and not have the "I shoulda bought an ST" drumbeat constantly beating in your head then you are a better/stronger man than I.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you can drive the regular 1.6L Fiesta around every day and not have the "I shoulda bought an ST" drumbeat constantly beating in your head then you are a better/stronger man than I.
    I really did love the ST I drove but I don't know that giving a turbo car to a 16 year old is the wisest choice even if it means I don't have as much fun for the next 3 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D'oh! Missed the part about the 16year old inheriting this. May be a good call with the 1.6 Maybe you can buy someone's hand me down ST suspension bits. Father son upgrade project!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D'oh! Missed the part about the 16year old inheriting this. May be a good call with the 1.6 Maybe you can buy someone's hand me down ST suspension bits. Father son upgrade project!
    Now we are on the same wave-length. ST suspension/brakes and maybe a LSD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now we are on the same wave-length. ST suspension/brakes and maybe a LSD.
    Endorsed. I like your thinking too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I'd be buying a rally car ....
    Of course. I just meant the chasm was pretty deep and wide. And you did say talk you out of it. But if you are going to add lots of aftermarket stuff to it, I guess sky's the limit.

Last edited by j44ke; 04-24-2019 at 09:09 PM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking about small cars my mazda 2 is much better behind the wheel than a fiesta or a fit. Mazda really dialed the steering input.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. Mazda chassis tuning is beyond their competitors at the same price points, and they are typically reliable with cheap maintenance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Car cruise in town last night.

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Modified my Rabbit GTI this week and it looks like I'll be taking the bus to work tomorrow!

Damn I am really happy with my first VW and I am really happy with its new Michelin PS4s! Anywhere from one to ten inches of snow tomorrow. Sigh....

Summer tires are the first and probably best mod I could ever have done to my GTI, but no winter tires until next November, please.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spent the afternoon driving my friend's new GT3 touring. The only thing I can say is wow. This thing is absolutely INCREDIBLE. The NA 4.0L 500hp 9000rpm redline is to die for and sounds like nothing else. The manual sport 6S gear box is another incredible piece, so much better than the 7S 911T that I tried. Anyway, this thing blew my mind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dogstar View Post
    Modified my Rabbit GTI this week and it looks like I'll be taking the bus to work tomorrow!

Damn I am really happy with my first VW and I am really happy with its new Michelin PS4s! Anywhere from one to ten inches of snow tomorrow. Sigh....

Summer tires are the first and probably best mod I could ever have done to my GTI, but no winter tires until next November, please.
    Sorry about the weather, I heard. Wait til you try those PS4s in rain....wow.

Lionel, that there is a really really nice version of the 911. Agreed. Also agreed I've got no use for the turbos, they are actually too much car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Lionel, that there is a really really nice version of the 911. Agreed. Also agreed I've got no use for the turbos, they are actually too much car.
    I do not see how any car can be much better. In fact my buddy went from 991.1 GT3 PDK to a 12 cylinder Ferrari back to this car. This GT3 is way too much car for any open road actually. The sound of this thing above 5000rpm is insane. I've been searching for one but the prices are not quite in check with dealers asking anywhere from $15K to $50K over MSRP.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Sorry about the weather, I heard. Wait til you try those PS4s in rain....wow.

the GT3 is more hardcore than the turbo 911s. That thing is a beast. I'm not sure I love touring look though- the wide bodies always look kind of dumb to me without dumb wings and splitters. still- a GT3 is pretty much the best car in the world IMHO.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    the GT3 is more hardcore than the turbo 911s. That thing is a beast. I'm not sure I love touring look though- the wide bodies always look kind of dumb to me without dumb wings and splitters. still- a GT3 is pretty much the best car in the world IMHO.
    I love the touring look. Most people see it as a "basic" 911. I cannot see myself driving around with a GT3 with the wing, but I can definitely see myself driving around i one of these. Still wowed from the drive yesterday. Too bad that getting one is quite hard and there is no way I will ever pay over MSRP for any car.

Oh and the one I drove was ordered with sofa seats instead of full carbon buckets. Makes more sense for a touring. The full buckets I sat on at the dealer are pretty hard to get in and out of. This car had them so I got to sit in there for a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The GT3 touring is the one I'd want, if it was realistic to want one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am having a hard time getting this car out of my head !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
    I am having a hard time getting this car out of my head !
    Trade-in/Trade-up...it's the American way (even for the French who are often here).

ldamelio is offline emperor of time, space and all dimensions known and unknown
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lionel - 991.2 GT3 prices have dropped to near or at MRSP in the last few months in many parts of the country. Touring a little higher, but there are better deals out there than the $15 - 50k over that you mentioned. Caveat is that these are for prices on existing car spec'd by dealer, not order slots, which are all gone at this point. There's a gorgeous winged chalk (crayon) at my dealer asking 5k over to start. The itch is strong.
    Lou D'Amelio
    Bucks County PA