User Tag List

Page 207 of 362 FirstFirst ... 197198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212213214215216217 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,140 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

I should be happy that the turn signal bulb in my 1998 Yukon has lasted 17 years but when I try to replace it it's nigh on impossible to do it right and I'm somewhat adept with a screwdriver.

The mounting screws are impossible to remove without losing them into the abyss of sheet metal. And then when I replaced the bulb, it didn't work. It's at a shop right now. For a bulb change. Ridiculous.

Two points:

1. This should be easy as pie to do. Any idiot should be able to replace a light on an automobile. Any idiot would not be able to complete the task I just handed over to the shop. This idiot couldn't at least.
    2. I hope today's cars have LEDs in all lighting spots. Incandescent bulbs are ridiculous, though I know that in 1998 they were the norm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you send me an order acknowledgement that you are going to ship x quantity on y date, I should be pretty confident that is what you are going to do. I had a conversation with your colleague a week prior about doing something else? Honey badger don't care. That was a conversation, not in writing, not final. So yeah, I'm a little perturbed that you didn't do send what our written agreement specified you would. Morons.

To another supplier - the difference between shipping date and arrival date matters. A lot. It will ship on May 4th (the story today) and it will arrive on May 4th (the story three weeks ago) are two very different things.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daltex View Post
    Bought my kid a Camry last year. It cut down our time together by 50%. This year she's looking at Universities. University of Arkansas and Ole' Miss are top of her list, no Texas schools even in her top 5.

I've made a point to raise her strong and independent. I'm realizing that this young lady who I put so much time & effort into, is about to become a "see you at Christmas break dad" type of thing.
    You reap what you sow. Good job, dad.

...Just after losing the father-in-law, I lost (to a new job) my asst director. After just seven months, I'm back to doing his job too. And his staff, who are temporarily my staff now, need to be whipped into shape asap. Like I don't have enough to deal with...
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lunch ride was cut short because there was "no one" left in the office. Other than the 2 people downstairs and the 5 people upstairs. So, 7/10 people were still in the office. But since 5 upstairs can't be bothered by mundane tasks such as keeping an ear open for the doorbell, 1 of the downstairs folk being in the bathroom, and the other being upstairs, I had to come back. I take lunch 2 times a week. Maybe 3 if I have to pick up the boys. So right now, my ass is pretty chapped.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post

1. This should be easy as pie to do. Any idiot should be able to replace a light on an automobile. Any idiot would not be able to complete the task I just handed over to the shop. This idiot couldn't at least.
    the headlights on my Prius were supposed to last for the life of the car, so to replace them by the manual requires a bumper removal. Of course, they only lasted 60k miles. Dealers charge $500 and up. The hobbyist way of doing it requires extreme dexterity, and plz don't drop any parts. Oh, you dropped a part? A borescope will be handy for retrieval.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ALSO FUCK BEING "2nd-on-the-list"
    elysian
    Tom Tolhurst

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When it's raining out and as you rode to work, you don't have an umbrella. Walking along under an awning and the dicks walking the other way with their umbrella make sure they are walking covered by the awning and force you into the rain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bone death is keeping me from drumming or riding a bike; which was fine because I really needed to focus on caring for a sick dog. After having to send him away last year while I re-learned to walk, I had to put the dog down yesterday. He'd been diagnosed with prostate cancer which had spread to his urethra and caused his kidneys to fail. 96 pounds when I was hit, he was down to 63.

Now I've got nothing but time to spend in bars, and there ain't enough whiskey in the world, y'all. Coming home to and empty apartment sucks.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chasea View Post
    Bone death is keeping me from drumming or riding a bike; which was fine because I really needed to focus on caring for a sick dog. After having to send him away last year while I re-learned to walk, I had to put the dog down yesterday. He'd been diagnosed with prostate cancer which had spread to his urethra and caused his kidneys to fail. 96 pounds when I was hit, he was down to 63.

Now I've got nothing but time to spend in bars, and there ain't enough whiskey in the world, y'all. Coming home to and empty apartment sucks.

What'd I win?
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What'd I win?
    Another day's worth of living:

POZZO:
    (suddenly furious.) Have you not done tormenting me with your accursed time! It's abominable! When! When! One day, is that not enough for you, one day he went dumb, one day I went blind, one day we'll go deaf, one day we were born, one day we shall die, the same day, the same second, is that not enough for you? (Calmer.) They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more. (He jerks the rope.) On!

Edit: Sorry about your dog. Pets are the best buddies, and loosing them is just about the worst thing around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EricKeller View Post
    the headlights on my Prius were supposed to last for the life of the car, so to replace them by the manual requires a bumper removal. Of course, they only lasted 60k miles. Dealers charge $500 and up. The hobbyist way of doing it requires extreme dexterity, and plz don't drop any parts. Oh, you dropped a part? A borescope will be handy for retrieval.
    $500 AND UP to change out headlights? Is this a joke?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chasea,

I’m truly sorry for you’re loss.

The absolute worst part about owning a dog is saying goodbye to your best friend. Been there too many times…

A thought: After your hangover subsides, check out a shelter and rescue a dog in need. It’ll be good for both of you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

-- thinking of you my friend...
    porch light always on..,

ronnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rainbow bridge my friend. You loved him, he knew it. That's the best we can hope for. My condolences.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What's chapping my @ss today?

Stupid Fn, whiney A$$ bltches(of both sexes) is what is Chappping my A$$ and I'm surrounded by them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gretel's (my 2001 A6 Avant) power steering pump decides to call it a day after 14 years and 200K...I get that and I told Gretel that I would see that she was taken care of. Dealer informs me that they believe that metal fragments from the pump infiltrated the rack and the lines which would cost $4,300 to correct. RW reaches out to some web friends on an Audi forum, calls for a timeout and seeks the opinion of another doc before sending Gretel to that Audi salvage yard in upstate NY. Long story bearable, forum mates recommend a local indy garage specializing in German cars and they view the case in simpler terms, choosing to only replace the pump and reservoir. $4,300 became $600 and Gretel the Avant rides again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my ass is in fact chapped from having the squirts here in Mexico for the last three days.... :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomaster View Post
    my ass is in fact chapped from having the squirts here in Mexico for the last three days.... :(
    You might try ciprofloxacin. 500mg twice a day for 3-5 days. We've traveled places with questionable water supply, and our doctor has always given us ciprofloxacin or cipro in that amount and with those instructions. Knock on wood, we haven't needed it, so I can't report on the results, but I hear from others that it works. I think they may even sell ciprofloxacin over the counter at pharmacies in Mexico. Or if they don't, they often will to tourists.

I don't know if it is a police helicopter or a string of helicopters serving the west side heliport, but we've had helicopters over our house since 6AM this morning. Circling and circling. If it is the police, what a waste of taxpayer dollars. If it is helicopters serving the west side heliport, what a waste of taxpayer dollars when the CEOs in those helicopters drive the economy into the toilet again and we have to bail them out. I suspect it is the police though there are no clear markings on the helicopter other than numbers and some letters. They are probably protecting us from graduate students, civil libertarians and black people.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomaster View Post
    Lomotil is an over-the-counter (and available everywhere in Mexico) med that is very effective at stopping (pun intended) what you have. I always had a supply of it when I lived in Mexico City. Luckily it's not needed in Baja.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

clients -> the 10/90 rule. chaps my a$$