Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have Type 1 diabetes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: I have Type 1 diabetes

Gothbrooks, another thing my daughter pointed out that she did that might help you...

She said if she knew the other team they were playing was very physical she wouldn't wear the pump at all. She would leave the infusion set in but remove the pump. Before she took it off she would figure out how long she was going to have it off and would bolus herself half of the amount of insulin that the pump was supposed to have given her over that time. When she put it back on, she would bolus the other half. The only time it was a problem was when she got all excited at the post game celebration and left her pump in a locker and we had to get the school to open up to get it in the middle of the night.

She said to tell you the obvious, to test your bg before the race, carb up, and make sure you stop if you feel yourself going low. She said the half bolus worked for her but you might have to experiment and do a little less than half or maybe a little more. As you know, every body is different and it depends on what you ate before and how hard you are riding...the usual stuff you are quite used to.
    « If I knew what I was doing, I’d be doing it right now »

-Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: I have Type 1 diabetes

i have separation anxiety when i disconnect to take a bath. i cant imagine not wearing it. unless theres a future islet cell transplant upgrade or something.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12