User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what will Mark Zuckerberg think about facebook when he is older?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: what will Mark Zuckerberg think about facebook when he is older?

Why after all the success he's still a silly nerd that can't get laid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    question for them.
    how many have smart phones?
    ergo. they are all full of shit.

many 20+ yr olds i know would stop breathing if their smart phone battery runs out.
    My personal phone is this:

It can't even take a picture. I think 3 of the 4 were non-smart phone users.

I don't want to live in a 140 character world. I really dislike what "social media" has done and is doing to my attention span. I don't think spending hours a day reading others drivel is a good use of my generations time. I'd rather focus on 1-2 things than fragment my attention into dozens or hundreds of relatively random, short-term, and ultimately meaningless pieces of information.

We're bombarded. FB and Twitter is the information equivalent of being in a jungle and having an animal leap at you every 5 seconds. I'd much prefer the civility of a wood-paneled drawing room with fine leather chairs, i.e., reading an actual damn book.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ON the one hand, the amount of personal information that has been prostituted out to corporations by social media tools is unreal. Facebook is gonna kill us. I have no doubt of that.

ON the other hand, recently Facebook (+ other social media) has become a tool for me that could be part of my future career. Remember when people would put "microsoft office" on a resume? Well guess what? Facebook. That's what. Turns out it is a really effective way of getting information about local government out to certain demographics of constituents, and not just youngsters like I, geezers too. We can get people in one place (IRL, i might add) and we can get folks to rally behind a unified message/issue.

I am super-concerned that facebook will turn on us. I know it will. But I will not let tekmology march on by if I can see the proper use an effective effort can engage in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is a line out there and it is up to each one of us to discover what our tolerance level will be on how much we absorb during the day.
    both twitter and FB can be invaluable marketing tools for race promoters, builders, LBS, etc...
    if you find yourself 'needing' a fix do yourself a favor and unplug for a day or 2.
    it can be overwhelming on how much information is shared.
    "make the break"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sevencyclist View Post
    Here we are discussing about social media via a social media connection that was unimaginable 20 years ago.
    That was my thought, too. Is this thread ironic yet?

From my perspective, the ability to communicate - either in real-time or near-real-time - on the Internet has been a really good, cool thing. It's brought me into real, meaningful contact with interesting people and has resulted in real friendships. It has helped me reconnect with old friends and re-establish connections that had languished or even nearly died after decades.

Like almost everything else it's good and bad - I can manage to look past the occasional photos of dinners and haircuts and find some real utility and value in forums and Facebook. I don't know where it's going next but it isn't going away.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure what he will think- but I am sure the cyber terrorists are grateful for the invention of FB as a means to steal identities by taking all sorts of pertitnent data off all the public sites (flickr, FB, twitter etc).

Sites like spokeo give one an example of what people can find out about you- sort of scary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, uh, I don't know. Let's see, what would I be thinking about the thing that I invented that made me many Billions of dollars? I think that if I were him, I would be thinking Face Book os pretty damned cool!

All new technology comes with problems, this one is a world changer. I can only begin to imagine what is possible because of the new era ushered in by Facebook.
    [email protected]

Fundamentally the marksmen aims at himself.
    -Zen in the Art of Archery

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be thinking good for me--the Winklevii gave me their idea without so much as an NDA or noncompete document, and I made it into an empire while sandbagging them. I showed them who the shark is.

Then I would be thinking, who's going to do it to me?
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cynicism is baggage the user brings to social media, the platform just facilitates it.
    "It's better to not know so much than to know so many things that ain't so." -- Josh Billings, 1885

A man with any character at all must have enemies and places he is not welcome—in the end we are not only defined by our friends, but also those aligned against us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12