Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Musical instruments

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Musical instruments

Trombone player here. I play in a local concert and jazz band.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Musical instruments

Flew into Memphis with my cymbal bag over my arm and my snare drum and bass pedal in my suitcase. After two practices (who practices at 10:30 in the morning?!?!) we played a show on the 26th. Went on stage around 12:30 or 1:00. The Hi Tone had a great crowd for a band that broke up in 2006, playing at 1 a.m. on the Sunday after Christmas weekend. Dusted off the '58 Luddy's (first pic in my previous post) which were being stored in my old bedroom at my parents' place. THAT BASS DRUM...

I was supposed to share hardware, but the drummers for the opening two bands both played minimalist kits. Panicked, I called a drummer friend and he was at the door with hardware within 20 minutes (I love this town). Show went as well as could be expected for a band that takes 2 years off between reunion gigs.

Thanks to the blizzard on the east coast, the airline has decided to extend my stay through the 1st. Alicja is putting together another gig with the door money going to the bass player and me for travel expenses. We've gone from playing every two years to playing twice in a week. Supposedly, there will be video of this second gig. I'll try to post something.

Added bonus, I will be in town for Harlan T Bobo's New Years show. Stooooooked.

Here's a shot my father- who stayed up waaay past his bedtime to see his son play- took from the front row.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12