User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Think there would be any interested in a specialty items for sale thread?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Think there would be any interested in a specialty items for sale thread?

Let's make it happen!

No telecaster, but I have a Spector 5 string frettless

Keep hearing about these people with great watches
    [email protected]

Fundamentally the marksmen aims at himself.
    -Zen in the Art of Archery

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Think there would be any interested in a specialty items for sale thread?

I'm down, trustworthy people and a cool online community.

Plus I've seen rbaker's seamaster. That thing is sexy.

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great idea, will items get posted in this thread, or is the request for a new area to post threads?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DrZRM View Post
    Great idea, will items get posted in this thread, or is the request for a new area to post threads?
    My idea was for a sub forum of the classifieds for non-bike related items. I think it would get more exposure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rbaker2778 View Post
    My idea was for a sub forum of the classifieds for non-bike related items. I think it would get more exposure.
    +1 to that, good call.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, so now that everyone seems to think this is a great idea, are there any suggestions on how we make this happen, or who we talk to about implementing it if agreeable?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, so now that everyone seems to think this is a great idea, are there any suggestions on how we make this happen, or who we talk to about implementing it if agreeable?
    He who is the reason we're all here hath seen it on page one. If He deems it good, then it shall be.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chasea View Post
    He who is the reason we're all here hath seen it on page one. If He deems it good, then it shall be.
    OK, I guess those of us who like the idea can keep our fingers crossed that it makes it on here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the meantime, I will start it off right here. Anyone interested in an Omega Seamaster America's Cup? I have all the boxes and paperwork. It is in great condition, although it has been worn for the past 11 years. I am more interested in a trade than in cash. Things I would consider:

1) Steel road bikes. Size 56-57. F/F or complete.
    2) Other watches.
    3) Guitars.

I can email pics to those who are interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lotta talk about watches.

My best buddy's wife is looking for a Speedmaster as a 10-anniversary gift for her hubby, and mines not for sale. Any of you watch folk looking to re-home a Speedy? Interesting Sinn's might work too.

Shoot me a PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the meantime, I will start it off right here. Anyone interested in an Omega Seamaster America's Cup? I have all the boxes and paperwork. It is in great condition, although it has been worn for the past 11 years. I am more interested in a trade than in cash. Things I would consider:

1) Steel road bikes. Size 56-57. F/F or complete.
    2) Other watches.
    3) Guitars.

I can email pics to those who are interested.
    Did you ever move this watch on? I've got a pink Merckx SLX coming back to me after a longtime loan; it's 56 and straight... On an unrelated note: I was about to put my barbour cowen commando onto the local c'list but thought someone here might like it: It's like new, size 40" and brown (not green) I'd trade it for a smaller version of the same jacket (brown or green). The commando jacket was a tribute to a long-time Barbour customer that served in the British military. He would send his jacket back every few years to have different pocktes sewn on etc.

Pic is a green one I found online:

West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    How would this be different than current itteration of Classifieds?
    I dont think it would be any different than the already standing classified section - some would want to trade, some would sell and some may post want ads... I think what might work best is to have a subforum so these random items aren't muddled together with the bike stuff.

West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That said, there is no where else on the web that I would feel comfortable buying or selling anything.
    I know that the impression this place gives off is very positive and we all look to our vsalon peers as people that we can trust and even consider friends in some cases. I feel it too and for the most part, I just lurk here.

The reality though, is that Vsalon is an open internet forum and as such there will always be a chance that you'll be dealing with riff raff. Granted, I think that riff raff is at a minimum here, which contributes to the feeling of security, however, the possibility does exist. Feeling that a random user is more trustworthy when they're logged in here than they are at another virtual environment is risky business. With this comment I do not mean to tarnish anyone's views of the Vsalon. More so I'm advising everyone to cover your bases ANY time that you're buying or selling over the internet, sight unseen - here or anywhere else.

That said, I think it's a great idea to play with. Everybody has interests other than bicycles and occaisionally there is a need or desire to share the things you've collected with others. Facilitating that marketplace can't hurt in my opinion and I do agree - perhaps with a degree of naivety - that I'd feel more comfortable buying/selling here than other places the intermaweb.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12