User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Impressive racing pigeon release footage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Impressive racing pigeon release footage.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I know that's what people say, but the fear still lingers. I'm not due for another dog for another two or three years, so I have a while to get over it.
    Yo Caleb, I know every one of these dogs (Dog too), and I would be quite happy to have any one of them living in my home. Proper training is key.

Alec has been a tremendous resource to me. If you're going to call him up looking for some info/advice, clear the calendar and bring a notepad.

Alec - didn't realize Zoom Zoom is Calico stock. I've been in touch with them regarding their Chessies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've met Disturbed?! I feel so provincial living out here in Minnesota. Thanks for the testimony about the dogs - I'll definitely file it away. I'm going to attend a couple of the grouse trials next month to get a better handle on the pointer versus setter issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disturbed's dogs are the best; I'm a fan of the wandering pointer(Maxx) and my wife really loves his beagle. Great trainer = great animals.
    Start slow, then taper off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    You've met Disturbed?! I feel so provincial living out here in Minnesota. Thanks for the testimony about the dogs - I'll definitely file it away. I'm going to attend a couple of the grouse trials next month to get a better handle on the pointer versus setter issue.
    Caleb, Have you ever been to the Game Fair in Anoka? The lab pup I purchased there 20+ years ago was the beginning for me getting deeply involved in 'serious/pro' training

Thanks for the props boys, I'll have to get the name of the guy that trained my dogs.......

I got a Chessie on the trip this winter Eddyi............are you sure you want one?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    Caleb, Have you ever been to the Game Fair in Anoka? The lab pup I purchased there 20+ years ago was the beginning for me getting deeply involved in 'serious/pro' training

Thanks for the props boys, I'll have to get the name of the guy that trained my dogs.......

I got a Chessie on the trip this winter Eddyi............are you sure you want one?
    Details please...

PS Hope Porter is recovering well from his surgery and your wallet has regained some weight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People paid a bunch from him and bought him from some kennel a looooong way away. I can find no redeeming factors what so ever in the dog to this point. He might be a wonderful dog if you didn't care to try to train him to do such unreasonable things such as.....heel/sit/come when called/hold/deliver to hand/etc.

Porters fine but I'll be overcharging clients through 2012.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every dog is a snowflake, Dog.

I'm sure you'll get through to him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    I've been trying for years, but I still haven't made it. Perhaps this fall. Any chance you're attending?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be fun, but no, it's a long way from VT. The year we went we were in Iowa City at the time. I understand it's really grown.

Eddyie, I'm paid to get through but why own a dog that wants to sit at the back of the class and draw pictures of fighters jets dropping bombs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wanted to resurrect this old thread to bring my discussion with Disturbed and EddieB full circle. Thanks for the encouragement, guys.

This dog is coming to live at my place after Labor Day.

I'm very stoked.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12