User Tag List

Page 195 of 362 FirstFirst ... 185186187188189190191192193194195196197198199200201202203204205 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,900 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

I'm all over this thread this week. When it rains it pours...

Rough day at work after a rough month following restructuring and layoffs.

And adding some perspective, my wife and her family are going through some really tough times on the health front, with both her father and grandmother having just finished or soon facing major surgery. In her father's case, this is after months of chemo and radiation. They're holding strong, but you can tell the stress and anxiety are getting to everyone. Hopefully things will turn the corner soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am moving for the 2nd time in 3 months:( We have a house in the country, my wife wanted to move to town so we bought a house. She hates town living. So, I get to move back. So much work actual work that I am behind on.

And, I still have a pinched nerve in my back which is an actual and real pain in the ballz.

Quote Originally Posted by boxerboxer View Post
    Moving is a pain in my balls.

Also, it drives me nuts when people claim to love coffee so much but then frame it in terms of a caffeine addiction.
    ‘The Earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those that are killing it have names and addresses-‘ Utah Phillips

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought today was friday. Dangit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daltex View Post
    Hence the term "work".

If you enjoyed it, it would be called 'fun' and they wouldn't pay you to do it.
    Yes, but..... Work is work, but it doesn't have to be a hateful experience. There are days I am frustrated at work but I love the people I work with and there are few other jobs I am suited to do. I generally like my work and sometimes it's a ton of fun. Mostly it's satisfying.

That said, if a person really can't stand their job, it should be pretty much priority Nr. 1 to get a new one.

One of the reasons I work for a frustrating, at times, company is that it's not all that bad. If it really sucked I would have already quit.

That said, I'm in Seattle today hoping to meet a recruiter from a new company. All smiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

However, the opposite of a grump.

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    Yes, but..... Work is work, but it doesn't have to be a hateful experience. There are days I am frustrated at work but I love the people I work with and there are few other jobs I am suited to do. I generally like my work and sometimes it's a ton of fun. Mostly it's satisfying.

That said, if a person really can't stand their job, it should be pretty much priority Nr. 1 to get a new one.

One of the reasons I work for a frustrating, at times, company is that it's not all that bad. If it really sucked I would have already quit.

That said, I'm in Seattle today hoping to meet a recruiter from a new company. All smiles!
    ‘The Earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those that are killing it have names and addresses-‘ Utah Phillips

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Took the bus out to Amagansett. Plowing looked good actually, though he did pile a bunch around the house foundation along the driveway. Then I get to the front door and see water on the floor. Fuuuuuuuuccccck me. Run around to the backdoor - water there too. Open and go inside. Water is coming from the radiators. Back outside - basement doors are buried. Grab the garage door. Frozen. Heave and pow! garage door rolls up. Grab shovel, throw snow everywhere, get the door uncovered and grab the handle. Frozen. Heave and crack! The left side breaks nearly in half. Go in the basement, only two three inches of water, but cut the electricity, yanks plugs on appliances, shut the water off, open the floor drain, open all the drain valves. Hear the radiators stop shooting water all over. Look at the breaker box - no breakers tripped. Turn power back on. Don't die in a shower of sparks. Phone rings and my wife is already talking, "Evan in hospital emergency surgery tumor removal spine wife says he's ok considering going to the hospital now...." Okay so this house of water isn't so bad you know in the scheme of things, but holy smokes, did I need a reminder of that magnitude?

I guess I did.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Main home sewer line to the street in clogged.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post two for me in this thread today. First one doesn't really count. My car... Was missing on cylinder #4 about 6 weeks ago. Replaced spark plugs, wires, and ignition coil. Problem seemingly solved. It's a little rough, seems to miss a beat once in a while, but it's a 14 year old car -- it's bound to have a hiccup once in a while. Start it up to drive home after work, start up the hill leaving the plant... cough cough cough... Gutless. Any time I press the gas it bogs and lags. Then I get home... Trouble restarting it. Spark plugs all look good, not fouled or so clean like they're not firing. Take it to the shop... We'll see what the damage is. It probably needs to be replaced, which also probably means selling the motorcycle to make that happen. Which REALLY bums me out. Gotta get my road bike frame finished so I can sell a couple of the herd...
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Credit card fraud. Some punk in the US decided to randomly pick my card for $1500 of funds. The banks says it's all good but will take some 45 days to clear it all. I'm trying to sell a house and needed that money to sort some stuff out. Farrrrrrk!

"Even my farts smell like steel!" - Diel

"Make something with your hands. Not with your money." - Dario

Sean Doyle

www.devlincc.com

https://www.instagram.com/devlincustomcycles/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139142779@N05/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I am a day early, but I am grumping about this email that I had to send to one of my co-managers. I will do twenty sun salutations this evening.

I have received another complaint from my contractors about (name hidden to protect the innocent) gas producing capabilities.
    My contractors can no longer tolerate the noise and smell that he produces on a daily basis.
    Please have your contacting officer counsel him and if you can, please move him to another location.
    life is too short to drink bad wine....

Stuart Levy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it Thursday yet? I am going to write this now, because I will probably be asleep tomorrow. I have spent a week shoveling snow, chiseling ice, hauling soaking wet carpets outside, then hauling frozen solid carpets into the garage, rebuilding basement doors, cleaning oily soot off an antique pine floor, conferring with a fire sprinkler company on new fire sprinkler regulations, crawling around in the crawl space under a house, climbing the ladder up to a water tank on the roof, photographing water damage to a house and its contents, working with a plumber to test pipes for breaks, studying burner and boiler mechanics, interviewing furnace repair men about all the ways shit can go wrong, figuring out how filling an underground fuel tank is an imperfect science, learning how to calibrate the return flow with the auto-fill so that the boiler neither dry-fires nor drowns itself, taking my buddy home from the hospital after spinal fusion and the removal of four tumors,...

I got home tonight and there were two very elegant upper-middle-aged lesbians making out in front of my apartment building's door. One looked at me and said, "Do you mind?" And I said, "I live here. Get out of the way."

I wanted to say I am the God of Fire and Water and Ice and I am the point at which they all exist in equilibrium to each other and I can make it snow in the Sahara in the middle of the day but right now get out of the way.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daltex View Post
    Hence the term "work".

If you enjoyed it, it would be called 'fun' and they wouldn't pay you to do it.
    PC&F pays/ paid me well!
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dropping off units for testing. With instructions. Units not installed according to instructions. Units broke. Further delay.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every single bike shop on the planet that is "phoning it in".

It's obvious these places have ceded retail to the internet. So no reason to strive to be outstanding in that area.

That leaves them with services for which you have no other simple alternative. So it allows them to be shit in that area too.

Many thanks to those who run good shops. The older I get, more loyal I get.
    Zuzu’s pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

50 shades of f*ck this winter.

Yesterday was the first day in probably 2.5 weeks it would've been nice enough to ride outside (clean roads, low 30s temps, less than 15mph wind, no precip) and I had to stay at work late and missed the opportunity. The weather now looks like no good opportunities to get on the road for the next 10 days. TIRED of riding on the trainer!!

Finally THOUGHT I had all the parts to put my mountain bike back together, but all of my current chainring bolts are too long to bolt for my 1x setup & bottom out before tightening up. So I can't even get on the trails when the weather is this crappy. Of all the things that could go wrong, waylaid by damn chainring bolts. I am visiting my wife's parents this weekend and the bench grinder is going to see some action.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This time of year my muffin top gets scaly and itchy and I feel like one of those disgusting weirdos in a Gold Bond commercial

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BSUdude View Post
    50 shades of f*ck this winter.
    This summarizes my grump. Every time the snow starts to melt, we get another couple inches and the temperature plummets. I am itching to ride outside.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only grump this week, besides the same as last week...

Why's it taking so dang long to sell my watch.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Numb nuts middle manager who worked his way up is giving the "pep talk" to the troops. He's going to light a fire under the IT people. He wants input from everyone. He's remembering when he first started and wanted to hit the ground running and do a good job. He wanted to try some new things, which is fine, but was told no. When he asked why he was told "that's the way we've always done things". He's droning on and on with the usual stuff. When it comes time for a few questions someone asks about some complexities of an upcoming legislative process and why it has to be done that way. He says "that's the way we've always done things". Oops. He's suddenly forgotten about that box he's supposed to be thinking outside of.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this place has really gone to shit.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright