User Tag List

Page 184 of 362 FirstFirst ... 174175176177178179180181182183184185186187188189190191192193194 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,680 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Early: The Kansas state cosmetology board and my girl's boss' incompetence mean she might not get her tattoo license here before we leave town. Worst case scenario is 90 days in the pokey for her tattooing while her boss had let his trainer's license lapse. Great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Josh never yells at us or calls us grumpy mofos or makes us do push-ups anymore. I'm pretty sure he doesn't love us any more and it's our fault.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Busted my butt to get all my ducks in a row for nursing school now I find out that the late class I need starts at 4:30. I get out of work at 4:30 and school is at least :30 mins away with no traffic and there is always traffic. I may have to take a Saturday shift to free up Tuesdays until the fall.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People sending me packages that I need to sign for. I live in the middle of nowhere, do I really need to sign for it?

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

got in a car accident/fender bender yesterday while i was trying to think of excuses for why i was going to be late for work. it was my fault. it was not the kind of excuse i was looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    Give up cycling, keep riding the bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple of years ago we switched the house line to one of Verizon's little wireless base units so the wire from the pole to the house is unnecessary. It got pulled down in a storm last year so I called them and told them about it and asked that they just remove it. They raised it back up. Ah, well, I figured I wouldn't push the issue. It snowed a lot last night, a pine branch fell and ripped that one wire off the side of the house along with its mounting hardware and now I have big holes torn in my siding. I should have pushed the issue. I'll tell them to bring their white Gorilla tape when they come out today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been dealing with a raging cold for a week now and I'm supposed to go back to work tomorrow. I don't want to call in sick because, well, just because. I just want this cold to show some letup. It will. Hopefully today there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Happens twice or three times per year, like clockwork.

And another thing, I may have to choose between NAHBS and a career conference that seems pretty important for getting contacts at desirable companies. I MUST escape my current employer before I pull my hair out.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to coach people on the importance of maintaining professional currency and business relevance when all they really want is a pay check and big rewards and recognition for being rather average. Apparently due to grade inflation good is now great and great is some mythical thing like a yeti or unicorn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First post here with the grumps...have tried to refrain.

Hip pain left side for six weeks now.

Fluctuates in intensity from 2/10 to 8-9/10 in badness.

X-Ray => MRI => Advanced arthritis => cortisone injection yesterday didn't seem to help much => one good thing is it does not hurt one bit to ride my bike.

Now if it would just stop raining.

SPP

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The increasing number of cars being driven with no lights on in moderately dark, raining and otherwise dangerous conditions.
    Is it a case of reliance on technology that just isn't up to snuff?
    The problem seems to have increased with the introduction of automatic headlight systems - systems that think lights are only used to see by, but not to be seen. (Richard Sachs will correct my effed grammar here, I hope).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The torture report. Yes it's important. Most importantly, our torture got Americans killed. Almost 5000. Fuck everyone involved and I hope every one of them is prosecuted.
    Insubordinate. And Churlish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is still not enough building threads on here.......fuck it.......yes Im tired. I don't care if its been rehashed a thousand times and search is my friend. I wanna talk about making frames..............fuck.

"Even my farts smell like steel!" - Diel

"Make something with your hands. Not with your money." - Dario

Sean Doyle

www.devlincc.com

https://www.instagram.com/devlincustomcycles/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139142779@N05/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate the #alllivesmatter backlash to the #blacklivesmatter conversation. The best way I've heard it described is that it's like running through a strangers funeral and making sure everyone there knows you'd be sad also if your friend has died. It serves no real purpose and shows an inability to empathize or grasp context. Just because something is true doesn't mean it's a good time to say it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wife is going in for her 4th root canal this year, and 7th or 8th in the past 2 years. timing couldn't be more shitty.

tell your kids to keep their food down. the financial burden 14yrs down the road isn't worth it.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pedantic people.

I respect your Ph. D., but I do not appreciate the condescending tone nor the constant lectures. These people always know everything about any subject you bring up. Ugh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Nasal Drip and the cold that seems to be catching up wth me.
    Kyle Olson

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two today:

4:00 AM 33 degrees spitting/rain snow- trying to get 30 in. Flat tire. Glass. Why do people break bottles on the bike path? WTF is the motivation?

Mike Brown, Eric Garner, Tamir Rice are dead. Dick Cheney and the other CIA shitbirds are alive and spouting off their fanstastical horse crap, but there is no possibility they will ever be punished.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobqzz View Post
    Two today:

4:00 AM 33 degrees spitting/rain snow- trying to get 30 in. Flat tire. Glass. Why do people break bottles on the bike path? WTF is the motivation?

Mike Brown, Eric Garner, Tamir Rice are dead. Dick Cheney and the other CIA shitbirds are alive and spouting off their fanstastical horse crap, but there is no possibility they will ever be punished.
    Bottlekids.png

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite all the thought, design, effort and money that went into water drainage at the homestead (new gutters, downspouts, French drains, cistern/sump, etc.) the first REAL storm in over three years has dumped 4" of rain thus far, with 4" more expected, and things have already started to puddle. Ugh !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had a really bad case of vertigo for two weeks. As soon as I start feeling better son #1 brings home a really nasty stomach virus that makes him puke every 48 hrs. He promptly shares this with me and son #3. As soon as pukefest is over son #2 brings home a nasty chest cold, which he promptly shares with me. While the chest cold is making its rounds my wife's body decides that it doesn't want to retain any blood and her hematocrit drops to 8% and she has to be rushed to the hospital for an emergency procedure. Of course this is also my busiest time of year at work.

The last few weeks have been really fun but I'm ready for this crap to end.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” - Dr. Seuss