User Tag List

Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will challenge Trump? Who you like?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Who will challenge President Trump? Who you like?

Quote Originally Posted by theflashunc View Post
    Reality is as recently as 2012 he was raising money for Scott Brown to defeat Elizabeth Warren in the Massachusetts Senate race.

His work on gun violence and the environment is commendable, but in a party increasingly diverse, a white billionaire who expanded stop and frisk in New York City ain't exactly the guy to trot out for this era and the needs that it has.

He didn't step too much on his own dick last night, but the grading on a curve he's getting is pretty incredible. Both Castro and Harris were far stronger debaters, and neither are around right now. Never mind the thought of two petty New Yorkers shitting on each other for four months before an election is the last thing I want to see.
    Elizabeth Warren is too on the left for him. I suspect he would have raised money for an opponent of Bernie Sanders. A progressive Bloomberg is not. Joe Lieberman supported John McCain. I think that's OK. You don't I guess we differ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corso View Post
    I just wish those folks could say how she's made life better for those who voted for her.
    She voted against repealing the Affordable Care Act.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fastupslowdown View Post
    Elizabeth Warren is too on the left for him. I suspect he would have raised money for an opponent of Bernie Sanders. A progressive Bloomberg is not. Joe Lieberman supported John McCain. I think that's OK. You don't I guess we differ
    He can support whoever he wants to support, but that doesn't mean he's got the credentials to be the Democratic nominee either. Just like Joe left the party shortly after the McCain support.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some other voices. I'm looking forward to reading these guys, and I hope they don't spend too much time calling their colleagues deluded idiots: Opinion | The Best Case for Each Candidate - The New York Times
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread already touched on many reasons why I am completely turned off by Mr. Bloomberg as a nominee. As a public school teacher, this quote seals the deal. Totally clueless and out of touch with reality:

"Education is very much, I’ve always thought, just like the real estate business. Real estate business, there are three things that matter: location, location, location is the old joke. Well in education, it is: quality of teacher, quality of teacher, quality of teacher. And I would—if I had the ability, which nobody does really, to just design a system and say, ‘ex cathedra, this is what we’re going to do,’ you would cut the number of teachers in half, but you would double the compensation of them, and you would weed out all the bad ones and just have good teachers. And double the class size with a better teacher is a good deal for the students."

I've got no patience for corporate Ed "reformers" or Bloomberg's contemptuous noblesse oblige.

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David in Maine View Post
    This thread already touched on many reasons why I am completely turned off by Mr. Bloomberg as a nominee. As a public school teacher, this quote seals the deal. Totally clueless and out of touch with reality:

"Education is very much, I’ve always thought, just like the real estate business. Real estate business, there are three things that matter: location, location, location is the old joke. Well in education, it is: quality of teacher, quality of teacher, quality of teacher. And I would—if I had the ability, which nobody does really, to just design a system and say, ‘ex cathedra, this is what we’re going to do,’ you would cut the number of teachers in half, but you would double the compensation of them, and you would weed out all the bad ones and just have good teachers. And double the class size with a better teacher is a good deal for the students."

I've got no patience for corporate Ed "reformers" or Bloomberg's contemptuous noblesse oblige.

David
    The ultr rich have absolutely no idea what being a person is like. its apparent in Orange mans ridiculous remarks about life, and now its apparent with this guy. At some poont your money insulates you fomr so much, you really have no clue what its like to be human.

im not so sure putting people who have no idea what real life is like in charge is a good idea. you end up with rants about windmills and dishwashers, and nothing useful for regular humans. less teachers and bigger classrooms would be better? yeah i think thats what all the research has shown...
    Matt Zilliox

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The choice is clear:

GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    "...The choice is clear..."
    Cute. That was genuinely funny and I enjoyed it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jays View Post
    Cute. That was genuinely funny and I enjoyed it.
    Why didn't she give him a copy of "pow wow chow"? Now that would have been comedy gold...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why didn't she give him a copy of "pow wow chow"? Now that would have been comedy gold...
    She's funny.

You're not.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little political humor or irony, intentional or not.

Barry Sanders wore #20 for the Detroit Lions. Bernie Sanders is running for president in ‘20.

Garth Brooks dons a Sanders 20 jersey for his show.

Fans think Garth Brooks''' Barry Sanders jersey is for Bernie
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    She's funny.

You're not.
    For those who may not have been aware:

Elizabeth Warren's Pow Wow Chow 'Cherokee' recipes were word for word COPIES of famous FRENCH chef's techniques | Daily Mail Online

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

For those who may not have been aware:
    That has been rubbed into the ground previously by intellectual giants like Howie Carr and Donald Trump Jr.

From truthorfiction.org:
    "Claims that Sen. Elizabeth Warren plagiarized recipes for the 1984 book Pow Wow Chow were convoluted and old, stemming from a broader controversy over Warren's purported claims of Native American ancestry in April and May 2012. Various iterations of the claim spread several times, spiking in 2016 and again in October 2018, with much of the original context lost in the repetition. In its initial form, the primary source indicated the allegations were unproven. As such, we rate the claim Decontextualized."
    Trod Harland, Pickle Expediter

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced. — James Baldwin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thollandpe View Post
    That has been rubbed into the ground previously by intellectual giants like Howie Carr and Donald Trump Jr.

From truthorfiction.org:
    "Claims that Sen. Elizabeth Warren plagiarized recipes for the 1984 book Pow Wow Chow were convoluted and old, stemming from a broader controversy over Warren's purported claims of Native American ancestry in April and May 2012. Various iterations of the claim spread several times, spiking in 2016 and again in October 2018, with much of the original context lost in the repetition. In its initial form, the primary source indicated the allegations were unproven. As such, we rate the claim Decontextualized."
    Decontextualized does not equal "Not True" on Truthorfiction.

Anyhow, Liz should have asked for a "Harpoon", or better yet, any craft brew from the Commonwealth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There were some really fun bits in that. Tom Steyer's tie being the giveaway (as a Bernie Bro, I seem unable to sense issues with clothing or hair). The best for me was, "how annoying, on a scale from from Chuck to Todd?".

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you continue to support Trump, you are part of the problem. period. no excuses. none. this is beyond stupid level
    Matt Zilliox

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Re: Who will challenge President Trump? Who you like?

Quote Originally Posted by mzilliox View Post
    "...If you continue to support Trump, you are part of the problem. period. no excuses. none. this is beyond stupid level..."
    @mzilliox, the topic of this thread @Corso started is "Who Will Challenge President Trump" and few posters have offered what might be paths to Electoral College victory for other than President Trump.

What might also be somewhat unnerving to Democrats is the realization that many subdued and low-key family, friends, and coworkers are weary of the unfounded accusations and often are Trump supporters. There were 100,000 cheering fans at the tandem Prime Minister Modi & President Trump event alone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There were 100,000 cheering fans at the tandem Prime Minister Modi & President Trump event alone.
    And hundreds of thousands attended Hitler’s Nuremberg rallies. How many attended the Roman coliseum to watch grotesque deaths? Attendance numbers don’t equate to ethics.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Re: Who will challenge President Trump? Who you like?

Quote Originally Posted by gregl View Post
    "...hundreds of thousands attended Hitler’s Nuremberg rallies..."
    You have truly encouraged me to see the light! Continue to use this superb technique to convince others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have truly encouraged me to see the light! Continue to use this superb technique to convince others.
    Not trying to convince you at all. You are welcome to your opinions. Just providing evidence to support my opinion.

Greg