User Tag List

Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaulzetti Cicli

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Gaulzetti Cicli

Quote Originally Posted by zetroc View Post
    My cat is named Rhubarb and she's pretty dumb, unlike that bike. That bike is kickass. That's the hottest pink in existence.
    If you switch rhubarb with dumb you get what I was saying, I could just as easily have said shite. The dogs is short for the dogs bollocks which is praise indeed also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    that's proper.
    Man I wish I could rock that saddle to bar drop.......
    +1 No Shit!

Where does he put his balls to allow him to ride that kind of drop? Fucking Rad!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are the first of the Corsas built in Boston and I have to say, the build quality is stunning. The guy who builds these, in addition to building bicycle frames, does a lot of machining and prototype fabrication for labs and universities. Mars rover parts for MIT, etc. VERY precise builder. Plus he's local, which is what we've wanted for a long time. There are about 20 more bikes to follow these first two. Lead-times are coming down.

Couple 'o Corsas:
    http://www.embrocationmagazine.com/images/3709.jpg
    http://www.embrocationmagazine.com/images/3707.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm stating the obvious here, but WOW, those look amazing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might be a if you have to ask you'll never know/secret handshake/why does anyone care question, but why is the 'zetti logo on the ISP rotated 180 degrees from the bikes we have seen in the past? A way to differentiate from the older bikes? Just cause? To see who is boring enough to notice?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

saw the proper advert
    on embro

art inspiration + sharp tools

i hope this increases my chances of seeing a cock on the street

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry fellas, i forgot that most of you are yanks......the dogs, ie dogs bollocks means........."wow dude that is some rad bike bike that rocks. !" or in the queens " by jove that is a rather delightful looking machine" i take it you get my drift or do i have to translate that aswell ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard of the dog's bollock I had just never seen it shortened to just the dog's...and wasn't able to put it together. Please don't apologize for my ignorance.

Anyway, those bikes are killing me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couple 'o Corsas:
    http://www.embrocationmagazine.com/images/3709.jpg
    http://www.embrocationmagazine.com/images/3707.jpg[/QUOTE]

Hi James,
    What fork is on these Corsas?
    Cheers,
    G.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The forks pictured are off Ridley Damocles framesets, which we had in abundance when we built these first two frames. Since then, we've received a large quantity of Enve Composites tapered forks, which are a bit lighter, have carbon dropouts and look a little nicer as well, in my opinion. All Corsa framesets come with the Enve Composites forks.

Also, we've just launched Gaulzetti on the Embrocation site as of this morning. We're being quiet about it until we smooth out some of the site features, but here it is: Embrocation Cycling Journal: Gaulzetti Corsa

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome! Any news on the mag frames?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, not yet. Still nailing down details of the tubeset specifications on the Mag bike. Inox and Corsa are the focus right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

James,
    Are the Enve forks also painted to match your frame color or that an extra option you would have to choose when ordering your bike? I know some of the earlier Corsas did not have color matched forks...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Painted-to-match forks are standard with Corsa pricing. Gotta keep it tight....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EmbroJames View Post
    The forks pictured are off Ridley Damocles framesets, which we had in abundance when we built these first two frames. Since then, we've received a large quantity of Enve Composites tapered forks, which are a bit lighter, have carbon dropouts and look a little nicer as well, in my opinion. All Corsa framesets come with the Enve Composites forks.

Also, we've just launched Gaulzetti on the Embrocation site as of this morning. We're being quiet about it until we smooth out some of the site features, but here it is: Embrocation Cycling Journal: Gaulzetti Corsa
    Your website says that the pros ride carbon because it is cheaper to make than aluminum (or another material) and in greater numbers. Is that really true? Giant, for example, didn't seem to have an issue churning out aluminum TCR frames for Once or T-Mobile and I doubt they are costlier to build than their TCR Advanced SL frames. Are you really just refering to profit margins, as they can sell the carbon frames for more than the aluminum frames?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stuff just keeps getting better and better. Do I need a second Corsa, no. Do I want a second corsa, absolutely. In sparkle green.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EDS View Post
    Your website says that the pros ride carbon because it is cheaper to make than aluminum (or another material) and in greater numbers. Is that really true? Giant, for example, didn't seem to have an issue churning out aluminum TCR frames for Once or T-Mobile and I doubt they are costlier to build than their TCR Advanced SL frames. Are you really just refering to profit margins, as they can sell the carbon frames for more than the aluminum frames?
    Given the details that Mickey gave us in a thread on the Spooky, there is a huge amount of detail work needed on the Alu frames when the tubing needs heat treating. Mass produced carbon is a pour it in the mold, cure it, and pop it out affair. Sand it, shoot it, and sell it. Mass production is always going to favor the cheap and fast method. Looking forward to hearing Craig's thoughts on this, but I know my Corsa shits on a number of highly regarded carbon frames that I once owned. Good design and execution will always rise above.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Professionals ride what their sponsors provide them. Carbon has become the go-to material in the pro peloton not necessarily because it offers performance enhancements over alloy frames, but because it's what most companies who are large enough to sponsor teams are using as a material of choice. Profit margins certainly have a lot to do with this as high-end carbon frames are far cheaper to make in large quantities than high-end alloy frames, generally speaking of course. I cannot speak for Giant, of course, but I do suspect that their carbon bikes are now a better value proposition for them than producing a pro-level alloy frame.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

James or Craig, are non-standard sizes still available for us with freakishly long legs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EmbroJames View Post
    Professionals ride what their sponsors provide them. Carbon has become the go-to material in the pro peloton not necessarily because it offers performance enhancements over alloy frames, but because it's what most companies who are large enough to sponsor teams are using as a material of choice. Profit margins certainly have a lot to do with this as high-end carbon frames are far cheaper to make in large quantities than high-end alloy frames, generally speaking of course. I cannot speak for Giant, of course, but I do suspect that their carbon bikes are now a better value proposition for them than producing a pro-level alloy frame.
    So it is your understanding that it is easier and more economical for Cannondale to make a Super six hi-mod than a Caad 10?

I understand, and I believe most others do as well, that the pros ride what the sponsors provide and that the sponsors want them riding their latest offerings. Obviously these days that is carbon. That is not disputed, nor am I questioning whether one material or the other provides enhanced performance characteristics. What I as trying to understand is why high end carbon frames can be made "more cheaply and in greater numbers with less labor than metal frames."