User Tag List

Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: It’s telling that there’s no Impeachment thread on VS...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: It’s telling that there’s no Impeachment thread on VS...

Got it Matt. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    No. Those are situations where someone was vague or mistaken, or maybe purposely misled with their statements (I'm not getting into the accuracy of the specific statements you posted). I'm referencing the phenomenon where when a person is presented with two potential explanations for something, one of them resembling a virtual Rube Goldberg machine but supporting their world view and the other being simple and straightforward, they choose the absurd Rube Goldberg explanation.
    It doesn't even matter that Bill Clinton said what he said in a deposition, and in a context where it was literally true and makes perfect sense, or that Hillary Clinton was always careful not to "blame" the embassy attack on the video. We live in a time when any smart phone user with any willingness to learn what was actually said can look it up on the computer in their pocket, get to the original source, and see for themselves. But there is a significant percentage, between a quarter and 40% of this country, that just refuses to do this. We could have the most informed electorate in history, and instead we get people crying about "Fake News". People believe what they want to believe, that's for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Together we’re going to deliver real change that once again puts America first. That begins with immediately repealing and replacing the disaster known as Obamacare. My first day in office I’m going to ask Congress to put a bill on my desk getting rid of this disastrous law and replacing it with reforms that expand choice, freedom, affordability. You’re going to have such great healthcare at a tiny fraction of the cost and it’s going to be so easy.”

Donald Trump, October 25, 2016

Amazing apples them!! If I'm not mistaken, on his first day in office, he was butthurt about the size of his inaugural crowd and ordered Spicy to lie about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HorsCat View Post
    “Together we’re going to deliver real change that once again puts America first. That begins with immediately repealing and replacing the disaster known as Obamacare. My first day in office I’m going to ask Congress to put a bill on my desk getting rid of this disastrous law and replacing it with reforms that expand choice, freedom, affordability. You’re going to have such great healthcare at a tiny fraction of the cost and it’s going to be so easy.”

Donald Trump, October 25, 2016

Amazing apples them!! If I'm not mistaken, on his first day in office, he was butthurt about the size of his inaugural crowd and ordered Spicy to lie about it.
    And his party had a majority in the Senate and the House of Representatives too. But we never saw any plan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My problem with Trump isn’t that he had affairs but that he is a rapist. I’m surprised more people don’t have a problem with this or think it isn’t true. If he were a normal citizen he would now be in jail forever. There are over 20 women declaring publically he forced himself on them without asking permission. Reporters have found an additional 20 + (for a total of over 40) that somewhere reported that Trump sexually assaulted them but aren’t pressing charges. Trump is on video saying he took what he wanted without asking. His response to this problem when the damning video came out was to give a speech at Gettysburg saying all those women are lying. He claimed they were/are making those false accusations for personal gain. Sure Donald. His absolutely total denial means we have no choice but to either believe him or his accusers. I believe the women. And then he added the kind of threat that keeps rich people like him and Harvey Weinstein from being prosecuted for sexual assaults. He said I’m going to sue every one of them. No he won’t, that was an obvious lie. He was just making sure more victims didn’t come forward and the ones that had stayed quiet. Those he assaulted clearly heard and understood his true message – that they will pay a huge financial and emotional price if they testify against him. Private investigators will find any sins in their past to smear their reputations so their testimony will be in doubt. Normal people can’t afford enough legal representation to properly protect themselves from a team of lawyers working to destroy them. And even if they could they will probably lose anyway. It’s no wonder why sexually assaulted women don’t want to come forward if the guy has money. This is how rich predators get a “fair trial” while poor ones go to jail. And then their other trick is to pay off accusers and make them sign non-discloser agreements to get the money so their experiences remain hidden. It is truly a mystery to me why Americans are tolerant of a rapist.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else sad and weary that we argue while those who actually sow the seeds of division go to the bank with it? I'm talking about those whose job it is to spread divisive talk and the corporations and entities behind them.

Not going partisan here because there's plenty of blame to go around. This is been sort of the norm since the 1980s I think. It is not new, but it's getting stronger. We need to learn to think for ourselves rather than allow ourselves to be fed bad information by people who profit from division.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corso View Post
    Like when Hillary & Co blamed a half-ass utooob video for causing the Benghazi Attack?

Or Pres Clinton: “It depends on what the meaning of the word ‘is’ is."

Or Pres Obama: “If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor.”

Some believed all the above. How about "Demtasmagoria"?
    Like when Hillary & Co blamed a half-ass utooob video for causing the Benghazi Attack?
    Then GOP majority congress investigated multiple times with FULL cooperation of Obama administration. Hilary Clinton gave more than 8 hours committee testimony. Despite GOP majority in House and Senate - Nothing - Nothing - Nothing came of all this.

Or Pres Clinton: “It depends on what the meaning of the word ‘is’ is."
    Clinton was impeached - yeah?

Or Pres Obama: “If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor.”
    Obama has discussed this openly and in great detail over the years. Long and short is all subsequent efforts to improve ACA have been stymied by a GOP that prefers no public health care - and is even making plans to diminish Medicare and Medicaid if it can get the appropriate majorities.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    Not going partisan here because there's plenty of blame to go around.
    IMO - the whole both side-ism thing is part and parcel of the disinformation noise coming from the right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew J View Post
    IMO - the whole both side-ism thing is part and parcel of the disinformation noise coming from the right.
    Partly, but I think many people choose to ignore the negativity coming from sources they agree with. And there are negative sources of disinformation on the left as well, though they are less obvious. A clear source is Huffpost, which is as comical at times as Fox or Rush Limbaugh.
    Last edited by Saab2000; 12-19-2019 at 05:32 PM.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew J View Post
    Exactly. And it's the only narrative the mainstream media seem able to deliver.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Fattic View Post
    My problem with Trump isn’t that he had affairs but that he is a rapist.
    "I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything" -- Donald J. Trump

"When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." -- Maya Angelou

Or believe these women:
    1. Jessica Leeds (groping)
    2. Ivana Trump (rape)
    3. Kristin Anderson (groping)
    4. Jill Harth (groping, forced kissing)
    5. Lisa Boyne (voyeurism)
    6. Mariah Billado (voyeurism)
    7. Victoria Hughes (voyeurism)
    8. Temple Taggart (forced kissing)
    9. Cathy Heller (forced kissing)
    10. Karena Virginia (groping)
    11. Tasha Dixon (voyeurism)
    12. Bridget Sullivan (voyeurism)
    13. Melinda McGillivray (groping)
    14. Natasha Stoynoff (forced kissing)
    15. Juliet Huddy (forced kissing)
    16. Jennifer Murphy (forced kissing)
    17. Rachel Crooks (forced kissing)
    18. Samantha Holvey (voyeurism)
    19. Ninni Laaksonen (groping)
    20. Jessica Drake (groping, forced kissing)
    21. Summer Zervos (groping, forced kissing)
    22. Cassandra Searles (voyeurism)
    23. Alva Johnson (forced kissing)
    24. E. Jean Carroll (rape)
    25. Karen Johnson (groping, forced kissing)
    Trod Harland, Pickle Expediter

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced. — James Baldwin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see him and this quotation from A Moveable Feast comes to mind:

“I do not think I have ever seen a nastier-looking man... Under the black hat, when I had first seen them, the eyes had been those of an unsuccessful rapist."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Mango Mussolini Orange Shitstain:"You're going "have absolute guaranteed coverage. You're going to have it if you're a person going in…don't forget, this was not supposed to be the way insurance works. Insurance is, you're 20 years old, you just graduated from college, and you start paying $15 a month for the rest of your life and by the time you're 70, and you really need it, you're still paying the same amount and that's really insurance."

This fucking grifter thought $15/month would be part of his big beautiful health care plan promised on day one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any word yet from Beevis, or is it Butthead. Anything from Prince Jarhead? What about Princess Sparkle Pony(Who Daddy wants to fuck)? What about Squinty the Botox Prostitute Illegal alien? Nothing yet? Sad.

Donald Trump Jr.

@DonaldJTrumpJr
    Dear Clintons,

You know what's deplorable?

Being Impeached!!!#BasketOfDeplorables

September 10th, 2016

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ides1056 View Post
    People voted their party and conscience.
    If only this were true.

(Unless their conscience is much, much darker than they are willing to admit even to themselves. There is a huge disconnect here that is deeply troubling.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jays View Post
    This is 2016 county-by-county election map.
    President Trump counties are shown in red and Secretary Clinton counties are shown in blue.
    Prospects don't look good for Vice President Biden, Senator Warren, or Senator Sanders.

I'm sure you know that the map you posted is highly misleading. But just to put it in perspective, this map is a much more accurate way to visualize that election. Counties are represented by graduated symbols proportional to their population.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    Anyone else sad and weary that we argue while those who actually sow the seeds of division go to the bank with it? I'm talking about those whose job it is to spread divisive talk and the corporations and entities behind them.

Not going partisan here because there's plenty of blame to go around. This is been sort of the norm since the 1980s I think. It is not new, but it's getting stronger. We need to learn to think for ourselves rather than allow ourselves to be fed bad information by people who profit from division.
    Indeed. Thank you Uncle Rupert.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Re: It’s telling that there’s no Impeachment thread on VS...

Quote Originally Posted by bcm119 View Post
    "...Counties are represented by graduated symbols proportional to their population..."
    Our country does not mandate that Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York get to decide the leadership for everyone.

The founders of our country recognized a pure Democracy was unsustainable and representation needed balance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jays View Post
    Our country does not mandate that Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York get to decide the leadership for everyone.

The founders of our country recognized a pure Democracy was unsustainable and representation needed balance.
    You missed my point. Your map was misleading and I posted one that better represents the quantities of votes by area. The electoral college process is more closely related to population than land area. That's why california has 55 electoral votes and Montana has 3.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bcm119 View Post
    You missed my point. Your map was misleading and I posted one that better represents the quantities of votes by area. The electoral college process is more closely related to population than land area. That's why california has 55 electoral votes and Montana has 3.
    I've already tried to explain this very point above, but didn't have any more success than you're having...