User Tag List

Page 149 of 362 FirstFirst ... 139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156157158159 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanrtaylor View Post
    The MF'ing GMAT.

13 days left before I take it and I'm still getting tripped up on stupid mistakes that I would never make if the questions were written to elicit answers instead of confusion.
    The GMAT wasn't too bad but the LSAT sucks. Freaking logic games piss me off.

Don't stress - it's just another test. Another long, boring test. Feel free to remind me I said this when I take the bar exam next year.
    killing idols one at a time

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live in a neighborhood of 1910-1920 craftsman bungalows. Or at least I used to.

Last fall the old lady across the alley died. Her house went up for sale, and a development company bought it to knock it down. Now they're erecting a suburban monstrosity that's 3x the size of the neighborhood standard. They don't even have a buyer. They're just knocking stuff down and building "bigger and better" to try and make a buck. It's totally speculative, and I hope they end up taking a bath on it.

This is the third little house on the block to be razed and replaced with a huge, out of character structure in the past couple years. I wish the housing bubble would stay popped, at least in my neighborhood.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grump??

I've had a day off from work, packed the bike for the Pego-Meeting, my laptop arrived yesterday repaired under warranty* so I could check trains/direction with ease. And it was a sunny day in London and my laundry dried nicely in the garden.
    Sometimes only small things are needed

* (new MB, new HDD, new cover, new touchpad; all this 20 days before the warranty expired!)
    Andrea "Gattonero" Cattolico, head mechanic @Condor Cycles London

"Caron, non ti crucciare:
    vuolsi così colà dove si puote
    ciò che si vuole, e più non dimandare"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seanile View Post
    was playing ultimate frisbee last night, last game of the season. stretched myself out to catch the disc and dislocated my left shoulder. for the 5th time. well, i've either subluxed or dislocated-briefly my left shoulder five times, my right has done the same about 3 or 4. this is due to something called AMBRI, an acronym for shoulder joint instability: which is Atraumatic, Multidirectional, often Bilateral, requires Rehabilitation as first-line therapy, Inferior capsular shift as the best alternative (surgical) therapy. AKA "Born Loose."

even though I've done it multiple times, including due to turning my steering wheel too fast, it's never been this bad (heard more pops than ever, and the pain is lingering much longer than usual). so I think I've actually fucked it up this time. have a dr. appointment at 1pm today to see what the verdict is.
    will report back i guess..

on the bright side, biking isn't bad for it?
    Have you ever been evaluated for Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome?

May is EDS Awareness Month.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I miss my brother.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    Have you ever been evaluated for Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome?

May is EDS Awareness Month.
    hah, nah it's not that. just AMBRI. ive got no addtl symptoms of the ehlers-danlos.

and in reporting back, im in a sling now! got an mri done as well. and on top of all this, the mri burned my shoulder! now ive got a blister the size of a dime on the top of my shoulder. what the hell though, didnt even know that was possible, thought it was all in my head while it was going on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    Give up cycling, keep riding the bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomaster View Post
    I miss my brother.
    Puts perspective on anything I could grump about today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other cyclists that mean mug you when you give a friendly wave or nod.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started to do some brazing to finish a frame and ran out of oxygen. F-me. I need to pay better attention.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I live in a neighborhood of 1910-1920 craftsman bungalows. Or at least I used to.

Last fall the old lady across the alley died. Her house went up for sale, and a development company bought it to knock it down. Now they're erecting a suburban monstrosity that's 3x the size of the neighborhood standard. They don't even have a buyer. They're just knocking stuff down and building "bigger and better" to try and make a buck. It's totally speculative, and I hope they end up taking a bath on it.

This is the third little house on the block to be razed and replaced with a huge, out of character structure in the past couple years. I wish the housing bubble would stay popped, at least in my neighborhood.
    I live in a neighborhood of little Hobbit houses built from the 30s to the 50s. We're slowly but surely being overrun by the same thing, every 6th or 8th house on some streets is this big Tuscan villa looking piece o' shit, built to fall apart in 10 years but make you look like you're rich. (Until you lose it to the bank) Fuckin $50,000 millionaires. Always have to look like they have shit that they don't have, because they are trying to fill a giant hole inside that can't be filled with stuff. Ruining neighborhoods in the process.
    Eric Doswell, aka Edoz
    Summoner of Crickets
    http://edozbicycles.wordpress.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/edozbicycles/
    In Before the Lock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is how they roll on the big island with bad neighbors.

Seaview "House of Cards" burns down, possible arson | Big Island Video News

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I lost my mother yesterday. She had fought illness for years, really longer than almost anyone with what she had, and I'm thankful for that time I had with her even though I didn't get to visit as often as I would have liked. Though I knew I would face this day, waking up to the news yesterday has left me with a giant hole in my heart.
    Chris

Road, CX, Mountain

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burgess1108 View Post
    I lost my mother yesterday. She had fought illness for years, really longer than almost anyone with what she had, and I'm thankful for that time I had with her even though I didn't get to visit as often as I would have liked. Though I knew I would face this day, waking up to the news yesterday has left me with a giant hole in my heart.
    I'm sorry to hear this Chris. Peace be to you and your family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris, I hope you're able to find time for yourself as you're strong for your family, very sorry for your loss.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I figured the Argonaut's chain had around 4K miles on it so I ordered a new chain. No LBS without a four hour round trip drive and I doubt any of them have a Chorus 11 chain in stock. I've got the new chain in hand but I've decided to hang up the Argonaut for a few weeks and ride the red GT. So I rode the GT this afternoon for the first time since last summer and now I'm stumped about the Argonaut. Both bikes are set up the same as far as saddle position and reach. The only difference is the grouppos, the Argonaut has Record 11 and the GT has all alloy Athena 11 (with UT crank). The Argonaut sports Zonda wheels and the GT has 3x32 chorus/open pro. I've been struggling on the Argonaut, really feeling weak. Today was comparatively effortless on the GT. It appears that the UT bearings on the Argonaut are kaput and I've just been grinding against them, silently.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm grumped for a couple of reasons...

1. That there are no grumps here today. Are you guys really that happy?

2. That, for some way effed up reason, this is my favorite thread on VSalon.

3. Again, there are no grumps today.

Give me some bad news...

Jon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm grumpy because no matter how bad you have it, someone has it worse.......does that make you feel better.
    Bill Fernance
    Bicycle Shop Owner
    Part Time Framebuilder
    Bicycle Tragic

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm. Okay. Today is my Friday, and I'm headed into a three-day weekend.

I ran a 5k today, only about 25 seconds slower than last September on the same course (have I mentioned a distinct dearth of run training?).

Riding with the junior tri team on Saturday. Teaching them how to not kill each other while riding in a group.

So I guess the upshot of all this is... I got nothin'.
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm missing Ballers.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burgess1108 View Post
    I am very sorry.