User Tag List

Page 143 of 362 FirstFirst ... 133134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    Fourth, I'm not even all that crazy about having some of these prescriptions in the house. Everything gets shredded. Addicts will go through trash to identify houses to rob for pills and patches.
    This is real. My friend who is going through chemo has been cautioned by doctors and pharmacists not to name the medicines he uses for pain management even when speaking with relatives because of the issues associated with security in the home. And to never throw pill bottles into the household trash or recycling. Destroy the labels and take empty bottles back to the pharmacy. Even an empty anonymous pill bottle can create problems. The addiction is inescapable, for my friend included. When a course of chemo is over, he has to go through a very difficult process of stepping down dosages to manage withdrawal. Shocking really. I had no idea. But it makes other things - like living - a possibility.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fuck me the fuck runnin'

[cover the ears of little chillins i'm venting]

The co-effing owner of the precision tool and die joint who sat and interviewed my ass for a whole fucking hour this last 24 March, without any prior notice of my arrival and made all sorts of nice and positive and gave me the "you've got the job if i can sell my co-owner on it" feeling as I walked out the door,

Which was a great place to be because it's a mini-dream stepping stone for me to be able to make some money (in a field of interest) and catch up and forge ahead with my little home ventures,

Like i was this-fucking-close to breaking IN to the mystical world of fancy metal fab with all those dreamy machines and welders i can only see in pictures and videos on them innernets,

That fellow right there, that one

WON'T return my fucking calls, ISN'T there when i "drop in", has to be some kind of busy

to not be able to have a secretary fuckking tell me the job is filled or you're not wanted here or go the fuck away, but MUM is the only word they know.

I guess i'm just not used to biz so big that people don't matter. Maybe that's not the right place. Fuck and

SHIT

/resume play time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My car has a ghost. BMW ghosts are expensive.
    Insubordinate. And Churlish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good people, smart people somehow failing to think about what they read. Some nutball site that obviously is purely in it for the clicks publishes an "article" about how the VW XL1 is "banned in the US" because "big oil and the government" when in reality it's being produced in an extremely limited (250) run for sale in Europe only at a price tag well over $100k, and otherwise smart/good people parrot and add their own wild speculation to it as if it's gospel truth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's Friday lunchtime here and I haven't seen anything to drool over yet. I WANT MY FNL!!!!!!

"Even my farts smell like steel!" - Diel

"Make something with your hands. Not with your money." - Dario

Sean Doyle

www.devlincc.com

https://www.instagram.com/devlincustomcycles/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139142779@N05/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't even type what has me grumpy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What's chapping my @ss today?

Delayed flights that will cause you to get home at 2:30am and 6am conference calls. #pbptraining

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Five baseball sized bruises from getting hit by baseballs. Called a double header behind the plate in the 13-14 year old league and it seemed like every foul ball missed my pads. My forearm has lace marks. Motrin and scotch are my friends.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sucks when the company thinks they own you during irregular operations and can hold you long past your scheduled off time. Getting home five hours late for no good reason and no added compensation stinks. Meant no ride yesterday.

Airlines that plan more passengers than seats (yes, it happens all the time, but still....) don't serve their customers at all. Yesterday after the aforementioned fiasco involving an airplane that wasn't ready to fly we were sent home as passengers (5 hours late) on another flight that was 1. weight restricted 2. had us bumping revenue passengers. The scene at the gate was ugly and involved insults to us and the gate agent. Where is the upper management who thinks overbooking flights is good practice? Why don't they get to deal with these rightfully irate passengers? They get their bonuses though.... Oh, and buying a First Class ticket is no guarantee you won't get bumped either. Seen it happen. Guy with the most expensive ticket on the flight was told he wasn't getting on. WTF? How does that happen? Ugly all around.

Passengers who miss their flights because they don't look at the boards for their gates and then 10 minutes later frantically wonder how they missed their flight, saying "There were no announcements!" will get no sympathy from me. Well guess what, there were so many announcements everyone was sick of hearing them. And all the other passengers somehow heard the announcements and were in the right place at the right time. Trust me, it's the passenger's fault if they are in the terminal on time and miss their flight because they don't pay attention to anything. And it's unbecoming of a gentleman of any culture (but maybe not the culture of this man in question) to raise your voice and make threats and refer to the gate agent as "stupid" (yes, that word was used loudly) because this guy missed his flight. Learn how to look at a watch. Be where you have to be. Take some f*cking responsibility and show some humility instead of venting your frustrations like a 5-year old wearing an Armani suit and calling people 'Stupid'. You look like a complete idiot standing their calling someone stupid for your own mistake.

DCA airport is garbage. I was glad a few months ago when VP Biden referred to La Guardia in highly negative terms. They're all like that. US Airports are, with a few exceptions, woefully inadequate to serve the customers they are intended to serve. This includes airlines which pay a lot to operate their and the passengers who pay a lot to utilize the facilities. DCA's terminals are cramped and noisy, with lines in the filthy restrooms that go out into the terminals and inadequate seating and a passenger bussing operation that resembles a busy cattle auction. US airports are embarrassing. I frequent airports in other countries often and they are far nicer most of the time, clean and with adequate seating areas and restrooms and without constant, bellowing announcements about parking in front of the terminal. Why are these announcements, and the ones regarding what you can bring through the security line, broadcast INSIDE the terminal anyway? What's up with that?

My 4-day trip was a great one, with a great first officer from my own hometown. We had many fun things to talk about and he is a former teacher and is well educated and worldly beyond the world of flying. Four days with someone like that goes by very quickly. And the trip turned ugly at the last leg of a 16 leg trip. I'm on 'vacation' right now but it sure doesn't feel like it. Yet.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I, Me, Mr. Too Tall is not maintaining the Grump thread. Hanging my head.
    Meth-heads before 8 am at my Starbucks. The nerve

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

too busy to build myself a frame so I bought one to get by. Gotta ride

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Driving the Elbe route on Saturday to make sure it'll be passable in 2 weeks for the ride. Having to take my 8-month-old daughter with me means I won't be able to RIDE any of it.

And on Tuesday I just bought a new Quick-Stick to send to Illinois with the "travel" bike. Coming downstairs this morning before work to feed the dogs, I find that they'd make that new Quick-Stick their new chew toy.
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two hours on the bike this morning made it all better. It's gonna be a good day now.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Foolishly decided to do the firmware update on my Garmin 500. Nearly bricked it. I just spent the last hour trying to get it to start up. Now that I did I get to spend the next couple hours resetting and configuring everything again. I have such a love hate relationship with this thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The weather is starting to bug me and has delayed sailing! However, there is a little reason for optimism today: We May Have Reached "Peak Beard" | News from the Field | OutsideOnline.com
    you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two weeks ago, I spent about $850 to keep my 1995 Audi running for a few more years since we need to spend money on home improvements instead of a new car. I got one nice 500 mile trip out of it last week before being smashed on Tuesday by A FUCKING PRIUS DRIVER. Airbags deployed, I'm sure the car will be totaled by insurance, so now, on top of the $850 I spent, I'll be spending some number of thousands on top of the paltry sum I'll get from insurance to replace the vehicle.

So, for the 20th time in this thread, my grump is Prius drivers. Quit hypermiling or whatever the fuck you're doing and stop when you come to a stop sign.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6mo old Labradors are like curious, unruly children.

Curious, unruly children eat paste.

Therefore, Labradors eat paste.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sprinkler systems that water more of the street than lawn/plants. Fix those things so I don't have to be drenched in sulfur-smelling crappy well water.

That's all I got for today. I'm sure I'll come up with more. I'm damn grumpy these days.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my wife is a destroyer of things.

she broke her laptop a few days ago, yanking it to "free" a stuck power cord. She must have severed a line in the power connector because it won't charge or run on power. So she grabbed my old laptop (the one I use to run quickbooks now) last night, QB open, got distracted, forgot about it and ran it down. Killed the battery and corrupted my QB files. Of course on a day when I decided it would be a good idea to spend four hours adding very detailed inventory information.
    Sean Chaney
    www.vertigocycles.com
    a peek behind the curtain

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zandr Martin View Post
    My wife can't find a job at all, because she bought into the lie professors tell that "companies love hiring liberal arts majors." A bachelor's degree in philosophy and classics means the most brilliant person I've ever met in my life has $30k+ of student loan debt and can't get a job as a secretary.
    My gripe is this fraud that has been perpetrated on an entire generation.

There has been a shit ton much anger and regulation aimed at banks that pushed loans onto homebuyers that they couldn't afford. WHY hasn't there been a similar reaction for the education industry.....which is actually inflicting worse damage onto a population that are bascially children???

Folks can walk away from a bad house deal, and start over. You will never be able to walk away from a bad student loan deal, as its goverment secured. They WILL get their money.

I earned my degree at a time when a job at a gas station could pay my tuition and living expenses. I sincerely feel awful about the situation kids are in now.