User Tag List

Page 138 of 362 FirstFirst ... 128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Amateur triathlete culture drives me inordinately crazy. No good reason. Can't help it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People who are not blind or otherwise disabled who bring their dogs into the grocery store.

College students bug me lately too. Maybe its just the frat dudes and sorority girls but it might also be the whole lot. College students who smoke are particularly irritating.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What's chapping my @ss today?

Amazon. I don't want to sign up for fucking Prime. And you've made the whole thing such a hassle to use if you don't have Prime that its reaching the point where I'd be just as happy to buy elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't ridden in 4 weeks. That's one f u c k i n g month. My mental health is suffering. My Gaulzetti is sick of resting.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by velobran View Post
    I haven't ridden in 4 weeks. That's one f u c k i n g month. My mental health is suffering. My Gaulzetti is sick of resting.
    Your support network is standing by.

Today is my wife's birthday and instead of spending the day celebrating with her I'm in back to back to back meetings and so stressed with corporate crap that I know I'll be a drag later. My grump is with myself for letting my job cross any reasonable boundaries with the things that should matter most in my life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still have stitches in the back. No riding for two weeks. Good news is that they are coming out this afternoon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a mailman...today we got 18 inches of snow...some folks are great about clearing out their boxes so I can drive up...I am a Rural carrier...others...they have a five foot drift of snow in front of their box and will call my boss and ask "why didn't I get any mail today?" I tell my boss to ask them this: " look out your window...now tell me what you see..." bingo, we have a winner...of course he won't do this as the customer is ALWAYS right, yes?

as I said, some folks are great, others just total idiots...human nature via intelligence and expectations and laziness...seems to run at about 9 to 1...on the bad side...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another dept head likes to avoid our Creative Dept and design her own logos. We end up fixing them, but not before cursing yet another poorly-kerned, free-downloaded font with accompanying swoosh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morgan Stanley. Fees. Bleh.
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This year has been shit. Can't catch a fucking break. Probably going to have to move home.
    Last edited by chasea; 03-13-2014 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Added "fucking."
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was having a wonderful vacation day and then my wife gets roped into a two hour conference call...
    life is too short to drink bad wine....

Stuart Levy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still at work. This is the third of probably the only three nice days in the last two weeks (and also the following two weeks, if the forecast is to be believed), and this will be the second of those days that I'll likely miss riding.

All because another organization held my job hostage for two days beyond their analysis window.
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pro bono 'customers' that call and and email and text me WAAAAAAY more than my paying customers.

Chill out, you're not paying anything. it'll get done when its done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Der_kruscher View Post
    People who are not blind or otherwise disabled who bring their dogs into the grocery store.

College students bug me lately too. Maybe its just the frat dudes and sorority girls but it might also be the whole lot. College students who smoke are particularly irritating.
    I'm tired of the proliferation of "dog friendly" places, especially restaurants. No, I don't want your nasty little fluffy staring at me as I eat.
    Eric Doswell, aka Edoz
    Summoner of Crickets
    http://edozbicycles.wordpress.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/edozbicycles/
    In Before the Lock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spurs just got battered at home against Benfica in the Euro League......over paid shit footballers with no heart for the club are getting on my tits tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw the Dr. today, 4 more weeks off the bike MINIMUM! I've got a brand new, not yet ridden Potts waiting and the week's forecast is for more beautiful CA drought weather. FU@% !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who decided every electronic gizmo has to make beepy noises.

the push buttons on the phone, the toaster oven, the microwave, the washer dryer, you name it.

where's the mute button on all this shit?
    "Beauty is the visible expression of man's pleasure in labor."—Frederic Goudy

Dave Wofford . | . H O R S E . & . B U G G Y . P R E S S
    graphic design, letterpress printing, fine press books and more . . . for the jet age and beyond.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw the ear doctor yesterday, the scheduler was supposed to call me today for the operation to restore the hearing in my right ear, but no such luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wofford View Post
    where's the mute button on all this shit?
    our microwave actually has a mute button, which is good because it will sit there and beep every minute until you take your food out after it's cooked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Postholers!

Caleb, back me up.
    Start slow, then taper off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Websites that present themselves as news but post articles riddled with opinion and wild unverified speculation, and people who can't/won't tell the difference.