User Tag List

Page 133 of 354 FirstFirst ... 123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 7065

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jays View Post
    The world needs more car-based station wagons. Volvo pictured above is attractive.
    Wonder how their overall quality will be under Geely Automobile management?
    Nice in the showroom but "meh" after a few months in the real world and more than its (our XC90) share of dealer visits (gosh did the fist set of brakes give up the ghost quickly).

The ride also needs improving based on the XCs and S90s I've sampled so far. Not posh and doesn't handle well enough to justify how stiff they are over imperfect roads.

They look great and have lovely seats, but that's not enough imho.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to hear esp. from you. After our last Volvo (V70XC) in a long line of Volvos we called it quits. All of our Volvos were wonderful and that XC went like stink in the snow, unreal. They got too posh.

Quote Originally Posted by rmplum View Post
    Nice in the showroom but "meh" after a few months in the real world and more than its (our XC90) share of dealer visits (gosh did the fist set of brakes give up the ghost quickly).

The ride also needs improving based on the XCs and S90s I've sampled so far. Not posh and doesn't handle well enough to justify how stiff they are over imperfect roads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    "...They got too posh..."
    "...Not posh..."
    Looks like your new Volvo dreams came true, Too Tall! ;-)
    In all seriousness, station wagons (with decent amenities) is a segment I believe can do well someday.
    They literally sell like pancakes overseas yet just a little niche in the United States for some reason.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like your new Volvo dreams came true, Too Tall! ;-)
    In all seriousness, station wagons (with decent amenities) is a segment I believe would do well.
    They literally sell like pancakes overseas yet just a little niche in the United States.
    Yet, a full size Volvo in say France is a veritable TRUCK! Now if you give me a turbo diesel Volvo base wagon 6 speed sold in Canada legal to import to USA I'd sing a different tune.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    The sedan is OK. It pains me to say it, given that I grew up in 240 and 940 wagons, but I hate this car. Its too long and looks like a Cadillac.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    The sedan is OK. It pains me to say it, given that I grew up in 240 and 940 wagons, but I hate this car. Its too long and looks like a Cadillac.
    I thought the wagon was shorter?

I've read negatives on the ride - along the lines of your comments - and the steering. And bad QC & reliability are deal-killers for me.

Back to checking out A4s and 3-series...
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It might be. I just think the proportions are wacky. Long hood, high doors, body to glass ratio, huge wheels. It would look better if it were 6 inches shorter and the sills were dropped 3 inches. It would look better if it were a Volvo 945. Or even an Audi Q7.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"...Back to checking out A4s and 3-series..."
    Perhaps see what is possible with a Mercedes-Benz E350 4Matic wagon or an Audi A4 AllRoad?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Allroads are known to be over complicated, finicky, expensive to repair beasts so buyer beware.

I saw a Ford GT40 in Gulf livery cruising North Arlington on New Year's Day. Not sure if a kit car or the real deal but damned if it wasn't pretty.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've read negatives on the ride - along the lines of your comments - and the steering. And bad QC & reliability are deal-killers for me.

Back to checking out A4s and 3-series...
    The new V90 wagon is massive (longer than my Jeep Grand Cherokee, which is huge), but I can't fault Volvo for that since they do have a smaller wagon option.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps see what is possible with a Mercedes-Benz E350 4Matic wagon or an Audi A4 AllRoad?
    MBs are so damned expensive. But since my shopping is, at this point, theoretical, it's possible that a 2 year old E400 wagon will be a very attractive option in 2019 or 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by robin3mj View Post
    Allroads are known to be over complicated, finicky, expensive to repair beasts so buyer beware.
    ...or maybe a GTI.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Note the e91 generation 3 series wagon is high on sport and low on wagon, it is a small car that is fun to drive but doesn't have a lot of space. I think the f31 is bigger but auto an I4 only. The A4 based allroads don't have the v6 turbo or air suspension that were the major issues in the B5 A6 version so should be more reliable, auto only though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sailor View Post
    Note the e91 generation 3 series wagon is high on sport and low on wagon, it is a small car that is fun to drive but doesn't have a lot of space. I think the f31 is bigger but auto an I4 only. The A4 based allroads don't have the v6 turbo or air suspension that were the major issues in the B5 A6 version so should be more reliable, auto only though.
    I have an e91 w/ M-Sport package, 6-spd manual. It's a blast to drive. It hauls just enough, except it won't fit my 3rd kid! We never really used it when going out as a family, but it could be relegated to weekend status soon.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon White View Post
    I have an e91 w/ M-Sport package, 6-spd manual. It's a blast to drive. It hauls just enough, except it won't fit my 3rd kid! We never really used it when going out as a family, but it could be relegated to weekend status soon.
    Park it at my house if you need the space. I'm looking for a daily driver and plan to drive my truck on weekends.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting take on wagons...i would buy a performance version of v90 for sure

Volvo's U.S. CEO Thinks Americans Will Eventually Love Wagons Again

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by funcrusher View Post
    interesting take on wagons...i would buy a performance version of v90 for sure

Volvo's U.S. CEO Thinks Americans Will Eventually Love Wagons Again
    You can already do so with the V60.

my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can already do so with the V60.

saw it...sadly not big enough for my growing brood! will see if they do a full polestar v90

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by funcrusher View Post
    saw it...sadly not big enough for my growing brood! will see if they do a full polestar v90
    Same here.
    For now, the only way we get all 3 in one car is the minivan, but once they start graduating from car seats, I'd much prefer a large wagon than ungainly SUV.
    I saw last week that the V90 will only be available via special order or Sweden pick-up, unless you want the lifted AWD version.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same here.
    For now, the only way we get all 3 in one car is the minivan, but once they start graduating from car seats, I'd much prefer a large wagon than ungainly SUV.
    I saw last week that the V90 will only be available via special order or Sweden pick-up, unless you want the lifted AWD version.
    i've got 3 years to go with my amg wagon...so hopefully they make a polestar v90 variant and ship it here by then...the rumor is that it will be a hybrid drivetrain with over 600 ponies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Columbia County NY (2-2.5hrs north of NYC) it is all Subarus and Volvos among the nomadic peoples. The residents all drive pickups and full-sized SUVs.

The XC70 seems quite popular. So does the Outback. I'd say if you have a college degree up there, you are pretty likely to be driving one or the other of those cars. If you are building houses for people with college degrees, you are probably driving a murdered out Ford or Chevy pickup with wheels off of a strip mining vehicle.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books