Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Youth Unemployment

Quote Originally Posted by jitahs View Post
    Sure I got the meaning...
    So, to be clear, you understood that he was talking about the generation as a whole -- which he immediately clarified when asked -- but you insisted on being obtuse because he hurt your feelings. That about sum it up?

But at least you flatter me with this borrowing.
    I think you're pulling my leg now. No one's that egotistical.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know the way some of you think, your prejudices, your kids' hobbies and your vices better than some of my friends of 30 years.
    I stand corrected. Apparently someone is that egotistical.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More then the slagging-by-association I have to take since my generation apparently fucked it all up for everyone, More then learing that "taking big oil money" for a living is somehow inherently degenerate, More then High School Debate Club...I HATE THE FACT THAT CERTAIN FUCKING THREADS HERE ARE ALLOWED TO GO ON AND ON AND ON AND ON WITHOUT GETTING FUCKING LOCKED WHILE OTHER MORE DESERVING THREADS GET SHUT DOWN ASAP.

Get a grip, VSalon overlords, or else make the whole fucking place pay-as-you-go and Dodge City the whole fucking thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    So, to be clear, you understood that he was talking about the generation as a whole -- which he immediately clarified when asked -- but you insisted on being obtuse because he hurt your feelings. That about sum it up?
    Wrong reading - I called it in real time with a response. It was a faux apology to one individual, me, to prop up a sweeping generalization. His "immediate clarification" was the problematic "explanation" at the end, whose meaning, language and intent to convey more subtle thoughts was in direct opposition to his political scree.

I don't care about my feelings; as I've said repeatedly I care about clear thinking. That you are attempting to dig into my feelings to get a rise...well I just think you're bored. You and he should hit some bourbon tonight and "discuss" what a tool I am. I mean gotta stick up for your Tennessee homes right?
    "Old and standing in the way of progress"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chancerider View Post
    More then the slagging-by-association I have to take since my generation apparently fucked it all up for everyone, More then learing that "taking big oil money" for a living is somehow inherently degenerate, More then High School Debate Club...I HATE THE FACT THAT CERTAIN FUCKING THREADS HERE ARE ALLOWED TO GO ON AND ON AND ON AND ON WITHOUT GETTING FUCKING LOCKED WHILE OTHER MORE DESERVING THREADS GET SHUT DOWN ASAP.

Get a grip, VSalon overlords, or else make the whole fucking place pay-as-you-go and Dodge City the whole fucking thing.
    You missed it, as many have here -- taking big oil money is not inherently degenerate. Placing blame on an entire generation while greenwashing your 6 mile commute on a road bike out of convenience, not some green agenda, while not actively pursuing solutions, while taking it and enjoying its spoils...lets say that's just highly hypocritical, which I said earlier, whose meaning you didn't glean on a quick Friday perusal of the thread.

If you weren't there in real time commenting and thinking, post-coital analyses fall, per usual, limp. Everything is conTEXTURal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I stand corrected. Apparently someone is that egotistical.
    No, it has nothing to do with ego. Statement of fact. If you think I was referring to you that means...who is the egotistical one?
    Man you lost. Again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. Please mercy-kill this thread, me first.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fwiw i have never really understood thread-locking, but it ain't my saloon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wrong reading - I called it in real time with a response. It was a faux apology to one individual, me, to prop up a sweeping generalization. His "immediate clarification" was the problematic "explanation" at the end, whose meaning, language and intent to convey more subtle thoughts was in direct opposition to his political scree.

I don't care about my feelings; as I've said repeatedly I care about clear thinking. That you are attempting to dig into my feelings to get a rise...well I just think you're bored. You and he should hit some bourbon tonight and "discuss" what a tool I am. I mean gotta stick up for your Tennessee homes right?
    I want to make myself absolutely clear before this thing gets locked up.
    I never apologized; faux or otherwise.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chasea View Post
    Not that anyone is headed to the lock button at this point anyway, but don't lock it before I find his "apology".

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you've inferred too much. So allow me to humbly apologize if I've offended.

I simply meant to say that your generation has destroyed the environment, fucked the economy, and handed political power over to corporations; all at exponentially greater rates than the generations that came before.

Mazel tov.

You're right, though. I used "numbers game" wrong.
    The more you respond to me the more I think there may be something physiologically going on in your brain that makes you dead certain on things, yet are entirely wrong. This isn't meant to be cruel, it just occurred to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care about my feelings; as I've said repeatedly I care about clear thinking.
    I have no dog in this fight, but I saw Chase call out a generation as a group, which is a conversational shortcut that every single person with common sense understands and employs, and then your argument was, "I am not representative of that generation therefore you are wrong." I can say a sports team sucks, even if an individual player on that team does not suck. It's intellectually dishonest to pretend you don't understand the difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more you respond to me the more I think there may be something physiologically going on in your brain that makes you dead certain on things, yet are entirely wrong. This isn't meant to be cruel, it just occurred to me.
    Oh, apparently I did. It was faux.

Do you keep a notebook on me? Do I appear in your dreams? Is there a shrine in your house? It's been about a year since you did this last. You seem to love digging up old shit, making assumptions, twisting words, and taking things out of context. I fink you freaky.

Seriously, since you're such a good VS sleuth, my address is up here somewhere. Find it. Use it.

Nut up or shut up.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zandrrr View Post
    I have no dog in this fight, but I saw Chase call out a generation as a group, which is a conversational shortcut that every single person with common sense understands and employs, and then your argument was, "I am not representative of that generation therefore you are wrong." I can say a sports team sucks, even if an individual player on that team does not suck. It's intellectually dishonest to pretend you don't understand the difference.
    As a conversational shortcut it is fine for the purpose of discussion. His stood out as a scree.

No, my argument was not that. You didn't read my responses. Better to not comment if you haven't read all responses thoughtfully, I think. Per usual armchair quarterbacks post-game know all the answers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, let's chill out and have a beer. This is the internet and you are arguing on it. There's a saying.
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you keep a notebook on me?egotistical statement. no, i just remember what i said. apparently you don't, or do and are revisionist Do I appear in your dreams? Is there a shrine in your house? It's been about a year since you did this last.since i did this? look at my sig line. you have a hatred towards older folk and place blame squarely at our feet. that is the definition of ageist. where sexism and homophobia are not tolerated, ageism is here. You seem to love digging up old shit, making assumptions, twisting words, and taking things out of context. I fink you freaky. it's not old shit. it's the same old.

Seriously, since you're such a good VS sleuth, my address is up here somewhere. Find it. Use it.

Nut up or shut up.what is this supposed to mean - are you challenging me to a fist fight? what you can't back up with your brain, you have to back up with your brawn. such a childish way to settle things.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zetroc View Post
    Guys, let's chill out and have a beer. This is the internet and you are arguing on it. There's a saying.
    He won't buy me one; apparently he doesn't know he's on the canvas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you keep a notebook on me?no, i just remember what i said. apparently you don't, or do and are revisionist Do I appear in your dreams? Is there a shrine in your house? It's been about a year since you did this last.since i did this? look at my sig line. you have a hatred towards older folk and place blame squarely at our feet. that is the definition of ageist. where sexism and homophobia are not tolerated, ageism is here. You seem to love digging up old shit, making assumptions, twisting words, and taking things out of context. I fink you freaky. it's not old shit. it's the same old.

Nut up or shut up.what is this supposed to mean? are you challenging me to a fist fight? what you can't back up with your brain, you have to back up with your brawn. such a childish way to settle things.
    No, I just think you enjoy being an ass and hiding behind your anonymity. You don't know any of us. You make accusations based on assumptions. You're arguing with characters you've invented. You have a fixation on me in particular. Hell, you've quoted me in your sig line.

So, who are you? What are you about? What's your fucking deal?

Introduce yourself. Because the persona we've all built for you based on what you offer up is shit.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will buy you both a few if you promise to knock it off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maunahaole View Post
    I will buy you both a few if you promise to knock it off.
    Agreed. There's a lot of great discussion going on further back in this thread. I've no gripe against either of you two - but someone, please, be the bigger person and stop replying, or at least replying to their respective antagonist. Lets get this sucker back on track.