User Tag List

Page 116 of 353 FirstFirst ... 106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 7056

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Quote Originally Posted by xjoex View Post
    It is a rabbit hole to go down... My big factor/want is a shower in an adventure mobile. Because after riding all day I want to get clean. Otherwise I might as well camp. But the shower equipped models jump up in price so much.

I have been looking at these SylvanSport GO | Lightweight, Small Pop Up Campers - Camping Trailer and these Lightweight Sports Trailer for Camping, Hauling, Hunting | SPACE™ Trailers but no shower, mostly so I can give the dogs more room in the car on road trips!

-Joe
    All you need is a tank, pump, hose, and curtain you can hang out of the back. I saw an article about a set up that I will try to find

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
    I've owned a few Jeeps, and currently own a GC that I bought for next to nothing. the inline-6 engines are pretty much bulletproof and have been known to go to 250k+ easily. Considering i do all the maintenance myself on the truck, and parts are cheap and readily available at any auto parts store across the country - it's a pretty good vehicle. Sure - they have some issues, but generally the Jeeps that have issues, do so because they stay on the road for so many years. rust will likely kill my current Jeep before mechanical issues do.
    Yea...about that Jeep...

grumble.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is a rabbit hole to go down... My big factor/want is a shower in an adventure mobile. Because after riding all day I want to get clean. Otherwise I might as well camp. But the shower equipped models jump up in price so much.

I have been looking at these SylvanSport GO | Lightweight, Small Pop Up Campers - Camping Trailer and these Lightweight Sports Trailer for Camping, Hauling, Hunting | SPACE™ Trailers but no shower, mostly so I can give the dogs more room in the car on road trips!

-Joe
    These are probably more than you want but they are very light and a shower is an option. Lightweight Travel Trailers & Small Campers - Scamp Trailers
    Eat one live toad first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you all day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

into the rabbit hole you go >>>>> Manufacturers | The Small Trailer Enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yea...about that Jeep...

grumble.

Truth. I think I've got a low cost of ownership on my XJ Cherokee until I factor in all the drill bits I've gone through drilling broken bolts out. It'll run forever as long as I keep patching metal back in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lumpy View Post
    Truth. I think I've got a low cost of ownership on my XJ Cherokee until I factor in all the drill bits I've gone through drilling broken bolts out. It'll run forever as long as I keep patching metal back in.
    yea, i should have taken a picture of the 1/2" breaker bar i broke trying to get this out, with a 3' cheater bar on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a bit OT for this thread... but

I used to swear by cheater bars...then I invested more in proper tooling.
    get the length of tool you need for the torque you need to put into it. if you need to use it, its worth investing in, especially if you want to get a job done without needing to exchange an underrated tool for warranty since your exceeding its limits.

living to my own words I provide an example...Axle nuts when doing front wheel bearings on my MINI.... the job which made me buy a really long 1" breaker bar and impact socket (not cheap!). this was the job that I started buying proper tools for the job and ive never been let down since. leading up to that job I was able to break 3 1/2" drive breakers before spending the $ on the 1" drive unit.
    Matt Moore

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've owned a few Jeeps, and currently own a GC that I bought for next to nothing. the inline-6 engines are pretty much bulletproof and have been known to go to 250k+ easily. Considering i do all the maintenance myself on the truck, and parts are cheap and readily available at any auto parts store across the country - it's a pretty good vehicle. Sure - they have some issues, but generally the Jeeps that have issues, do so because they stay on the road for so many years. rust will likely kill my current Jeep before mechanical issues do.
    We are a year into owning an '02 WJ. Had less than 100K when we bought it so @ 9K miles/year average the 4.0 hopefully will get us to 2030 with regular oil changes and replacing everything rubber or plastic at least once. It's our funnest vehicle, and will get a budget lift soon to be even funner.

IMG_1095.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any salon folks check out a new Colorado with the diesel yet? 31mpg, 369 lb/ft torque sounds pretty good. diesel option pushes the truck over $30k and no manual transmission available, but still a strong option in the new truck segment i suspect. ??

If I stay in the mountains, I could see something like that being my next vehicle. I've always gotten by without a four wheel drive, but clearance for rocks would be extremely nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Than don't get running boards.
    FWIIW when I lived in WY I had a local shop add 1/4" steel skid plates over the transfer case and did a 3" lift. That plus tall skinny tires and it would go anywhere.
    I've GOT to go test drive that diesel Colorado and see...

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    If I stay in the mountains, I could see something like that being my next vehicle. I've always gotten by without a four wheel drive, but clearance for rocks would be extremely nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I walked into a Honda store and walked out really, really wanting to get rid of my GTI and drive off in a Honda Accord Touring. That's a lot of car for $35k if you don't need a premium branded badge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    I walked into a Honda store and walked out really, really wanting to get rid of my GTI and drive off in a Honda Accord Touring. That's a lot of car for $35k if you don't need a premium branded badge.
    Yeah, I love my Honda Accord Estate. Which failed to sell even with a premium badge...
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    Yeah, I love my Honda Accord Estate. Which failed to sell even with a premium badge...
    I went in with my mother looking for the HRV, which isn't currently sold with Honda Sensing technology. I was impressed with the salesman and decided to go back the next day to check out the Accord. Different salesman and same experience - knew the product very well, didn't ask me for my phone number or email address. No patronizing or pandering language towards my mother or myself. So unlike most dealer experiences, which are truly awful.

They never once said to my mother, after finding out that she really wanted the Honda Sensing package and not having it, that they have a red HRV over here or a blue HRV over there. No BS. Just a "Thanks for coming in and we do expect Honda Sensing on the 2017s". Very pleasant visit. Most car dealership visits are about as pleasant as a root canal.

If I were really in the market right now they'd get my business I think based on my two visits.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was in Minnesota right?
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    This was in Minnesota right?
    Yes. At the dealership at Lyndale Avenue and 494.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had 2WD and 4WD Colorado's and Silverado's side by side and they sit at the same hight. Rock clearance will com from an authorized lift like Rocky Ridge or the local Truck Speciality store. The Diesel Colorado is sweet, I've had a couple short 6'6" wide bodies in them that were comfortable with the head room and seat size. When you look at the numbers the new Colorado is about an inch shorter and narrower than the old C15. It is closer to a true 1/2 ton than the 1500. Josh I think you would be ok in a Colorado but definitely try one on for size first. I do a home deliveries for my friends :-).
    Frank Beshears

The gentlest thing in the world
    overcomes the hardest thing in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Straight dope from Frank, that's great to hear. I bought a new Chevy 1/2 ton 4WD straight out of college so that size/format would feel very familiar.
    Great to hear brother. I'll keep this in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by rydesteel View Post
    I've had 2WD and 4WD Colorado's and Silverado's side by side and they sit at the same hight. Rock clearance will com from an authorized lift like Rocky Ridge or the local Truck Speciality store. The Diesel Colorado is sweet, I've had a couple short 6'6" wide bodies in them that were comfortable with the head room and seat size. When you look at the numbers the new Colorado is about an inch shorter and narrower than the old C15. It is closer to a true 1/2 ton than the 1500. Josh I think you would be ok in a Colorado but definitely try one on for size first. I do a home deliveries for my friends :-).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The dealership I traded my Tacoma which had 55k miles and was 4 years old is asking the exact price I paid for it new... used. This confuses me, do people not comparison shop? Do they not understand math?

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The dealership I traded my Tacoma which had 55k miles and was 4 years old is asking the exact price I paid for it new... used. This confuses me, do people not comparison shop? Do they not understand math?

-Joe
    as someone who has been casually shopping for a used taco for years, i can say that the market for used tacomas is absolutely out of control. in almost all cases, it makes zero sense to buy a taco with lowish miles used, there is just no money to be saved. it's crazy and makes no financial sense at all, as you mentioned, who would buy a truck with 50k on it for less than a few thousand savings over a new one??

these trucks are just in demand i guess.

i'll probably never actually own one.