User Tag List

Page 113 of 353 FirstFirst ... 103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 7056

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Hakone Hillclimb

Watch this until 1m37s mark when he starts drifting the corners.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just told my wife about this. Her response: Well, then that's what you should get. But reading more - it's an unlimited mileage, not unlimited year warranty, at least from their site. It maxes out at a 10 year old car.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course having the car in the shop for long chunks of the calendar every time something $hits the bed is going to significantly cut down on time to drive that "unlimited mileage"

As I type this I'm waiting to get the Golf R back to the dealer to have some stupid stuff fixed. A new car purchased TWO days ago that never should have made it past the PDI with the issues it has. Grrrrr.

Bonus: An extra set of 17" wheels from our old Golf SE easily clear the brakes for tall sidewall winter tire duty.

Ryan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmplum View Post
    Of course having the car in the shop for long chunks of the calendar every time something $hits the bed is going to significantly cut down on time to drive that "unlimited mileage"

As I type this I'm waiting to get the Golf R back to the dealer to have some stupid stuff fixed. A new car purchased TWO days ago that never should have made it past the PDI with the issues it has. Grrrrr.

Bonus: An extra set of 17" wheels from our old Golf SE easily clear the brakes for tall sidewall winter tire duty.

Ryan
    If he were somehow able to drive it 20K and it doesn't spend the entire year broken, how much value does it lose? He probably comes out way ahead (financially and in terms of clicks, which is also a financial benefit) if it spends a bunch of time in the shop.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Footage from the Reliant Robin Cup. This amuses me.

GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he is going to LOVE the specialness of this car. however, and, ahem:
    1) his car is a little underpowered
    2) his car is way less refined (two substantial updates since 2007, one i think in 09 and one in 12
    3) if you have the means, i HIGHLY suggest picking one up. i drove mine around Gwich this am, just BECAUSE ITS AN ASTON MARTIN GODDAMNIT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmplum View Post

Ryan

true story re: aston and "the shop"

one windshield wiper broke on my car not long after getting it a year ago
    i made a svce appt, dropped it off, all was great
    two days passed, i hadn't heard anything. i am used to the service at jeep, MB, BMW, etc., where they call you like 6 hrs after getting the car and explain the deal
    well, i thought- this no response is all a bit more gentlemanly and lazy. i shall take it upon myself to call the dealership and check in on the process
    so i call over to svce and say to the AM guy "hey, it's me, dropped the car 2.5 days ago and wanted to check in on where we were in the process"
    there's this long pause, and then, no shit, the guy says in the greatest ever patronizing voice: "sir, is this your first aston martin?"
    and i thought oh christ... "yes"
    and this guy says: "generally our clients have multiple cars and expect that if an aston comes in for ANY unscheduled service it is a 1-2 week affair, depending on our luck in sourcing parts from the UK"

believe it or not, i loved it. what a total ass. and yet, somehow, exactly the experience i was expecting. that doug demuro is going to have a lot of 30min $150 repairs to make; unfortunately each one will take 3 weeks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Around town and summer drive to the trailhead car?
    https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/5329115926.html

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just because your dream CJ wasn't a good match doesn't mean you should consort with the first low geared vehicle you meet. Unless you have become a confused mix of prepper and reenactor.

Just get a Willys already. Rig up a seat warmer for the wife so her tushy is warm while she can see her breath and accept life is full of compromise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It ticks all the boxes:
    - 4 Doors for the dogs
    - Pickup bed for bikes
    - Unique and completely impractical

A man can dream right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Vanagon looks totally amazeballs; steer clear of the ones with round headlights though! They are much cuter, but you can install round headlights later. It's not about the headlights - years with square headlights happen to avoid some major mechanical and electrical headaches based on design changes they made.

As one who obsesses about impractical vehicles myself, I sympathize. We need a practical second commuter car at this point and I keep daydreaming about imported Toyota Hilux diesels. ;) They're all RHD. The flesh is weak!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What 'chu talkin' about? We just got back from Central America and the place is crawling with Hilux all left hand drive all diesel and all amazing. I'd buy one in a split second if we could.
    Quote Originally Posted by zambenini View Post
    The Vanagon looks totally amazeballs; steer clear of the ones with round headlights though! They are much cuter, but you can install round headlights later. It's not about the headlights - years with square headlights happen to avoid some major mechanical and electrical headaches based on design changes they made.

As one who obsesses about impractical vehicles myself, I sympathize. We need a practical second commuter car at this point and I keep daydreaming about imported Toyota Hilux diesels. ;) They're all RHD. The flesh is weak!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Badonkadonk View Post
    true story re: aston and "the shop"

one windshield wiper broke on my car not long after getting it a year ago
    i made a svce appt, dropped it off, all was great
    two days passed, i hadn't heard anything. i am used to the service at jeep, MB, BMW, etc., where they call you like 6 hrs after getting the car and explain the deal
    well, i thought- this no response is all a bit more gentlemanly and lazy. i shall take it upon myself to call the dealership and check in on the process
    so i call over to svce and say to the AM guy "hey, it's me, dropped the car 2.5 days ago and wanted to check in on where we were in the process"
    there's this long pause, and then, no shit, the guy says in the greatest ever patronizing voice: "sir, is this your first aston martin?"
    and i thought oh christ... "yes"
    and this guy says: "generally our clients have multiple cars and expect that if an aston comes in for ANY unscheduled service it is a 1-2 week affair, depending on our luck in sourcing parts from the UK"

believe it or not, i loved it. what a total ass. and yet, somehow, exactly the experience i was expecting. that doug demuro is going to have a lot of 30min $150 repairs to make; unfortunately each one will take 3 weeks
    You and I live in different worlds.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it's not a "real" truck, but I kind of want this:
    All-New Ridgeline - Official Site

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw the new Ridgeline via one of the links above, and I thought the same thing. That's mostly based on the presumption that it'll significantly underprice a Tacoma while getting better mileage. Is there any pricing info out yet?

If the FWD version can be had for around 25k and gets better than 25 mpg, I think it'll sell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still kind of want the current Ridgeline but how do you make it look good? Cragars and side pipes don't seem to be the answer.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the old ones look a lot better with a cap to disguise the weird lines in back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new one looks like a Dodge Ram.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    can be had for around 25k and gets better than 25 mpg, I think it'll sell.
    That's pretty decent (!). I looked and saw a crew cab 4x4 Tacoma listed at $38K (had all the crap they add to freaking TRUCKS these days). I don't understand the car market anymore.

I would love to pay $5k for a 4x4 truck w/ under 200K on it. :/