User Tag List

Page 113 of 178 FirstFirst ... 103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 3551

Thread: Timepieces

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: timepieces

Saw a Migauss yesterday on a sales rep. I liked it, the teal isn't quite as bright in person so it's a bit more subtle. Pretty good money to be made selling ball valves apparently.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis View Post
    Saw a Migauss yesterday on a sales rep. I liked it, the teal isn't quite as bright in person so it's a bit more subtle. Pretty good money to be made selling ball valves apparently.
    my boss gifted my manager a diamond-dialed Datejust 3 years ago. apparently there's money in paint, too.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wisco View Post
    Hodinkee did a nice piece on the Casio G-Shock GA2100 1-A-1. I have a couple of big dollar watches, but I am less enamored of them and seem to gravitate to these type of watches these days. Of course with the Hodinkee buzz, good luck finding one.

The Value Proposition: The Cult Classic Casio G-Shock GA21 1-A-1 'CasiOak' - HODINKEE
    as an AP guy, this watch really appeals to me...i noticed when they first came out last year...but already sold out online and being offered at $40 over MSRP on various sites...i thot "$40 over msrp...screw that"...now you're lucky to find one under $250

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by funcrusher View Post
    as an AP guy, this watch really appeals to me...i noticed when they first came out last year...but already sold out online and being offered at $40 over MSRP on various sites...i thot "$40 over msrp...screw that"...now you're lucky to find one under $250
    I'm an Omega guy at heart, but I found the red color version for $98 on line (G-Shock GA21-4A Mono Red Watch | Zumiez) and decided what the hell.... I don't have a red watch. Should be good for summer outdoor fun and perhaps a splash of color with business casual office clothes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wisco View Post
    I'm an Omega guy at heart, but I found the red color version for $98 on line (G-Shock GA21-4A Mono Red Watch | Zumiez) and decided what the hell.... I don't have a red watch. Should be good for summer outdoor fun and perhaps a splash of color with business casual office clothes
    I'm a Rolex/Tudor guy and think Casio and Swatch are awesome and fun and a totally cool part of a well-rounded collection.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty good money to be made selling ball valves apparently.
    Consider that a milgauss costs less than pretty much any harley davidson, or an S-works tarmac.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
    Consider that a milgauss costs less than pretty much any harley davidson, or an S-works tarmac.
    All the guys I know with S Works Tarmacs sell ball valves too.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    I'm a Rolex/Tudor guy and think Casio and Swatch are awesome and fun and a totally cool part of a well-rounded collection.
    GShock is proof horological importance doesn't always need to come with a crazy price tag.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Re: timepieces

Quote Originally Posted by theflashunc View Post
    "...GShock is proof horological importance doesn't always need to come with a crazy price tag..."
    I would love if they made a big, armored, three-hand analog G-Shock in black with white hands and markers. One can dream.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jays View Post
    I would love if they made a big, armored, three-hand analog G-Shock in black with white hands and markers. One can dream.
    Not necessarily white on black, but pretty high contrast still. But they do all still have a bunch of stuff on the face of the dial, which you may or may not like (I don't).

G-SHOCK MR-G MRGB1B-1A Men's Watch Black

G-SHOCK - Mudmaster, Master of G - Men's Green Watch

G-SHOCK Master Of G GWG1-1A3 Men's Watch Green

G-SHOCK Analog-Digital GWRB1-1A1 Men's Watch Black
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Re: timepieces

"...But they do all still have a bunch of stuff on the face of the dial, which you may or may not like (I don't)..."
    Great post, @dgaddis. I totally agree with you. Legibility and clarity is paramount, especially when riding.
    My wish is the engineers at G-Shock work with designers on a big, three-hand watch, without any subdials.
    In a really perfect world it would have a red / orange seconds hand to differentiate from the minutes hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^I think you're describing an old school style pilot watch. The simple version of a pilot watch, not the ones with a slide rule on them. But most of those can't take the beating a G Shock can take.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"...But most of those can't take the beating a G Shock can take..."
    Agreed. A variety of SINN watches would certainly work...yet my preference is to use a true "throwaway" watches for sports.
    If bouncing down a rocky/rooty mountainbike trail, I don't wish to smash a $1500+ watch against a rock or tree. :-0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. A variety of SINN watches would certainly work...yet my preference is to use a true "throwaway" watches for sports.
    If bouncing down a rocky/rooty mountainbike trail, I don't wish to smash a $1500+ watch against a rock or tree. :-0
    For me, I actually do not want a watch when I am on the bike. It bothers my wrist and I don't care about time when I am out on a ride...most of the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I posted this in the OT section, but anyone know someone who would modify some bracelet links for a reasonable price? I want to fit a tool free quick adjust clasp to my Oceanus. The new clasp is also made by Oceanus, but I need to remove some material from my bracelet links in order for it to fit. Should be quick work with a mill. I can do the finishing, I just need stuff cut off.

https://www.velocipedesalon.com/foru...-me-54060.html

Here's a sketch of the bracelet links. The red hatched areas are what I need cut off.

Here's a pic of my clasp, and you can see the two links I need modifying.

And here's a picture showing how the new clasp attaches on one side

Last edited by dgaddis; 02-03-2020 at 04:58 PM.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCfixie View Post
    "...I don't care about time when I am out on a ride...most of the time..."
    Many of the folks in my cycling club are mothers, fathers, along with friends who have to meet assorted job responsibilities.
    To that end, we aim to keep our group rides "on-pace" to return to the meeting area reasonably close to the advertised time.

The one thing that I do not particularly like about my digital G-Shock is the black-on-silver readout.
    Bold white or yellow hands against a nice and uncluttered black dial would be much clearer to read.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Junkers, Messerschmidt, Iron Annie, Laco, etc. have a good selection of pilot or "flieger" watches. Pilot Watches | Island Watch

for something more like a G-shock, try the AVI-8 brand: https://www.pageandcooper.com/watch-...avi-8-watches/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw what I think is a great deal and pulled the trigger on an Eterna Eternity:

17930381_1_640.jpg

Should be here in a few days; I'll post pictures.

SW-200 automatic, 40mm width, sapphire crystal, etc. .....

I ordered from Ashford.com but they have sold out of the model I ordered.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Re: timepieces

For riding when passing between sunshine, shade, and mottled light...I seek nice clarity and legibility.
    Even better if they had a solid color bezel and a red seconds hand. That would be terrific.

I simply wish I could find a low-cost model that wouldn’t be heartbreaking if it got knocked around.
    This is still a bit too nice for digging in a garden or active sports in not-so-nice conditions...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For riding when passing between sunshine, shade, and mottled light...I seek nice clarity and legibility.
    Even better if they had a solid color bezel and a red seconds hand.
    That would be terrific.

I simply wish I could find a low-cost model that wouldn’t be heartbreaking if it got knocked around.
    This is still a bit too nice for digging in a garden or active sports in not-so-nice conditions...
    ORIS BIG CROWN PROPILOT BIG DATE
    40mm, Big markers, solid dial with contrasting numbers, textile strap with unlimited adjustment, and a red seconds hand.
    They recently updated the model with "applied markers" so if you can find the previous generation with "painted markers" you might get a really good deal on one.